Trashes of the Counts' Famili...

By rileymilamo33

Adara Thornwin, the best friend of Cale Henituse, and possibly equally as Trash as him, decides to visit her... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
A/N
28
29
30
31
32
A/N
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
˗ ˏ ˋ❆ Winter Special ❆ ˎˊ ˗
˗ ˏ ˋ❆ (The Real) Winter Special ❆ ˎˊ ˗
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Happy Anniversary!
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76

48

265 22 7
By rileymilamo33

Adara and Cale were about to get in the Crown Prince's carriage, not the parade one, but the normal one. But, they could not get on the carriage peacefully, as the Crown Prince wanted a performance for the citizens and Nobles around them.

"Mister Cale, Miss Adara," the Crown Prince said, smiling pleasantly. "Please get on first. For today, you both deserve this honour." The Crown Prince knew that many people were watching right now, he needed to keep up the act.

Adara was prepared to graciously accept his honouring act, but Cale had different plans. "How could we do that? We cannot get on the carriage before you, Your Highness. You are the Star that shines down on Citizens like ourselves."

'Human, is your head okay?' the Black Dragon asked.

Adara leaned into Cale, a pleasant smile on her face though her voice did not show it. "Cale, just get on the carriage. You'll have an audience to act in front of soon enough." While she had indulged in making the Crown Prince's face stiff, she was now bored of it. Wanting to go to the palace to rest.

Cale smiled at the Crown Prince, knowing he had heard what she had whispered to him. "In that case, these lacking citizens will get on first."

Crown Prince Alberu was the only one of the Royal Family who was still at the Plaza. The others were all back at the Palace to take care of the aftermath of everything. The Crown Prince was also taking care of everything. He was taking care of the image of the Terror Incident, and taking care of Cale and Adara.

Next to the Crown Prince, were the people of the hour. Cale Henituse and Adara Thornwin. Everyone would remember them in this incident, the silver light, how holy and ethereal they looked, how they saved everyone in the Plaza.

Seeing these three beautiful individuals standing next to each other, talking quietly with smiles on their faces, was like the prettiest painting they had ever seen. It was making the citizens think highly of both of them.

Adara got on the carriage first, then Cale did, and lastly, Crown Prince Alberu got on.

Cale and Adara looked out the window, seeing the Nobles near the carriage. Adara gave a small wave to Amiru, a small smile on her face. She was not in the mood to smile sweetly at her. But she looked at Taylor and smiled a bit wider. Eric and Gilbert she said goodbye to as well, though she wasn't sure if they understood.

Neo Tolz was watching them blankly, and Adara gave him a viciously sly smile. He flinched, and Venion, who was next to Neo, stiffened up. And not only Venion stiffened up. But all of the High-Ranking Nobles did. They were all watching Cale and Adara, wondering how two Trash could get such power.

But before the Crown Prince climbed inside, he gave an order to his servant. "Treat the lady over there as a VIP," he said, talking about Rosalyn.

Cale and Adara made eye contact with Rosalyn, she smiled assuringly. They smiled back, pulling the curtain to hide the window.

As the carriage door closed, Adara and Cale leaned into the seat, their smiles dropping. Hmm, Adara thought. These seats are such good quality. It was even more comfortable than the carriage Countess Violan arranged for them.

Adara looked at Crown Prince Alberu. He saw her looking and gave her a charming smile. "Miss Adara, I guess we still had to meet again."

Adara didn't blink, her dark eyes a deep hole. "Drop the smile, the citizens can not see."

The Crown Prince let his smile drop, but he did not care for the disrespectful tone of her words, because the Crown Prince could not take his eyes off of hers. They were so dark and mysterious. She could be a Dark Elf, with dark eyes like that. Her hair is also dark. Her skin though... If she is a Dark Elf then I still think it would have been easier to simply make it pale. There are many rumours and jokes made about her supposedly being a Dark Elf, simply because she looks like a Southerner. It would have been easier to avoid all of that if she was simply pale from the beginning, though now of course it is too late to change anything.

He looked at her hair, the dark sheen of it. Her hair is too dark for a Southerner, though. Only the Royal Family in the South have such pitch-black hair. From how much I know about her mother, she could be a royal of the South, he thought bitterly. Why can I not find any information on her mother? I can't even find a clear record of her death. What did she die of?

"Do you need healing?" he asked, to get his mind off of his thoughts. He would do some more research later today.

"My body is healthy," Cale started.

"Mine as well," she added.

Cale smiled the viciously sly smile he usually had. "But shouldn't we get the best Doctors and Priests to take a look? We want to just lay around for a few days."

The Crown Prince's laugh was short and sounded more like a sigh. But he nodded after a thought of consideration. "You're right. That will be good. The Nobles who saved everyone are hurt, and the Crown is giving them the best treatment possible to nurse them back to health. Very nice."

He looked like another person to Adara. Not the smiling individual who had announced the start of the dinner in front of all the Nobles at the Banquet. Hmmm, I guess I prefer him when he's not smiling, she thought. She glanced at Cale, who was next to her. Does he find it annoying when I smile so fakely at Amiru?

The Crown Prince, deeming his persona useless with these two people, got straight to the point. "Mr. Cale, Miss Adara, are you involved with them?" He was naturally talking about the people who appeared at the Plaza, the ones who had saved the Plaza.

Adara's face did not change. In the slightest.

"Your Highness, why would we do something so annoying?" Cale asked plainly.

Adara she leaned back into her comfortable seat, her face a cold statue. She observed Alberu silently, not showing a single emotion on her face.

The Black Dragon had spoken to them when they got on the carriage, told them about the Crown Prince. 'Why did the Crown Prince not do anything when the other humans almost died? He is strong.'

The Crown Prince had done nothing as the bomber quickly moved towards them. He knew he would not die, but he made no move to protect the ones who couldn't raise as shield as fast. It was only due to Adara's quick thinking that the bomber did not kill anyone. But the Crown Prince just pretended to be weak and hid.

Adara thought he was a good person, despite the fact he used people. I guess I was wrong. He does use them for a greater purpose. If those people had died, it would have made us look better for stopping more people from dying. But he was willing to sacrifice them. I guess that doesn't make him that good of a person. Or at least, not any better than I am.

"Your Highness," she started, not missing the way the Crown Prince's eyes flickered to hers eagerly. "What would we have to gain from that? As Cale said, it is annoying. It is also troublesome."

"Indeed," the Crown Prince agreed. There was no way two Trash would ever do such a thing.  It was beyond irrational. It was also very clear to Crown Prince Alberu that the two only stepped in because there were no other alternatives. "The Crown may try to uselessly investigate you."

Adara flashed him a smile. "You will surely protect us, right, Your Highness?"

He only looked at her with a stoic expression. "Why are you asking such an obvious question?"

She let the smile drop, let it fade into her scarred face. That's good. We have him to protect us. Not for long. Not forever. But for now.

Crown Prince Alberu opened the curtains, looking outside. He smiled at most of the citizens, waved at some. Adara watched with narrowed eyes. "Let's finish this conversation when I visit you later to check on how you are doing."

There was certainly much to converse about. Adara could think of a handful of things. Roslayn, the Crown Princess of a Foreign Kingdom, the Ancient Power, which are said only one person can have, their rewards, of which the Crown Prince promised a handsome one. It was certainly not a little.

Cale decided to go the extra step. "Your Highness."

"Yes?" Crown Prince Alberu asked, confused at his tone of voice. Surely he isn't going t—.

Cale smiled widely. "If it is for a conversation with the Star of our Nation, this Cale is always available."

Adara almost sighed.

Crown Prince Alberu was also frowning.

"I don't want you to exaggerate our deeds when you announce it to the public," Cale commented.

"Yes, me neither," Adara muttered, that would be tiring.

Crown Prince Alberu gave her a small reassuring smile. "It will only be a small announcement, Miss Adara. I just need enough for people to not complain about the Crown."

Adara grimaced, but said nothing.

Crown Prince Alberu continued to speak. "Anyways, thank you, to both of you. The number of people injured is null thanks to both of your help."

Adara observed him again. Now she was reconsidering her opinion on the Crown Prince. Because, though what he said might sound glib, it was in fact the truth. She could hear it, see it on his face. She wasn't sure of a bunch of things. She wasn't sure if he was a human or a Dark Elf, or if he was a good person or a bad person. It was... unclear.

So she did what she did best. Brushed it off to think of at a later time. She and Cale both smiled their viciously sly smile. "We look forward to our rewards."

The Crown Prince did that same laugh again. The short one that was in between a laugh and a sigh. He shook his head, but did not try and dissuade them from the thought. It was clear he had meant it when he had said Cale and Adara would be rewarded handsomely for their efforts.

They reached the Palace soon, Crown Prince Alberu watched with narrowed eyes as Cale offered his hand to Adara, watched when Adara smiled and offered a small laugh. He turned around, ordering a few servants to direct them to their room.

And when they did arrive at their room, Adara was in awe at how fancy and luxurious the room was. According to what she knew about Palaces, this amount of intricate decoration was reserved for foreign royal visitors.

And, as if Crown Prince Alberu knew about the rumours that they liked sleeping in the same room, there were two bedrooms in this giant room.

Cale laid down on the soft bed, eating grapes he got from the nightstand. Adara laughed at him, told him she would have drawn him right then and there if she knew how to draw.

Adara herself picked up a book she got from the library that she found interesting. Sitting on the couch, she only wished On and Hong were here to read with her, they would have liked the book.

Soon, a few people came to visit. Among them, the prettiest of the bunch was staying in the Palace with them.

"Young Master Cale, Young Mistress Adara," Roslayn greeted, in the doorway to their room.

"Cale-nim, Adara-nim," Choi Han greeted,  but he was pale. As was Lock behind him, even the kittens looked somewhat pale.

But what really made Cale and Adara worry, was Hans. The last of the visitors. They were, of course, allowed to enter the Palace as Cale and Adara's servant and guards.

"Y— young Masteeeeeeeeer and Mistreeeeeeeeesss!" he wailed, looking like he was about to cry.

Cale quickly put his hand up to stop Hans from rushing towards them. "Stop."

Hans stopped moving, giving Cale and Adara time to get up from his bed and the couch. "Come on in," Adara said to the ones still in the doorway, they were both relaxed. As if they were the King and Queen and this was their Palace.

First, Hans came to them, reporting as if the teary face from moments before never were streaking down his face in the first place. "I have contacted Master-nim back home. I thought it would be better if we contacted them before the Crown did, so I hired a mage to open a communication port. In doing so, I ended up spending a lot of money."

Cale nodded. "Good job."

Hans looked at Adara, almost sheepish. "Master-nim said he would contact your father about the matter himself."

Adara only nodded, offering no words.

"And..." Hans continued, peeking at Rosalyn.

Adara felt herself smile just a little bit. Hans was smart, the best butler candidate. Of course, he knew who Rosalyn was.

"Continue," Cale said, giving permission.

Hans looked back at Cale. "I told everyone in the Residence to remain quiet about Rosalyn-nim for now."

"Thank you very much," Rosalyn thanked, the pretty smile on her face again.

"You did well," Cale praised.

"Good job," Adara spoke.

Hans felt his chest puff up a bit at their words, but he continued on. "Excuse me, Young Master."

"What?"

"I did give a report," Hans said. "But I think you should contact home via a communication port In the near future. If you don't, I believe Master-nim will personally travel up here." He swallowed, looking at Adara. "And Master-nim also said he thinks it would be a good idea for you to contact your father as well, Young Mistress."

Adara only nodded. Well, he certainly isn't going to personally travel here. Even if he thinks it would serve his image.

"Then, I will go look for the caretaker of this palace to discuss a few things." Hans bowed at Cale and bowed his head at Adara. Rosalyn noted the difference again and wondered why Adara let the biasism slip.

Adara almost smiled when Hans moved to leave the room. He was smart. He knew they could not talk to Rosalyn, Choi Han, and Lock with him still in the room.

At the door, he turned, his hand on the handle. "It is to my understanding that you will be staying here for a few nights, Young Master and Mistress?"

"Yes, Hans," Adara said.

Hans nodded. "Well, I'll arrange that your night clothing will arrive before tonight. I'll also arrange that an outfit is arranged every single day, Young Master and Mistress."

Cale waved his hand in a dismissing manner. "Go do that."

The Black Dragon revealed himself as soon as the door closed. He headed towards the nightstand, starting to eat the grapes and other fruits there. He then started his report. "There are no video or audio recording devices in here."

Of course, there would not be. It was a room designed specifically for foreign royalty. If they were caught placing recording devices in a room for such important guests, it would easily be a declaration of war. That was why they usually hid the video and audio recording devices in common areas, like a dining room.

Good thing Adara and Cale weren't ever going to visit the dining room.

But the lack of recording devices meant they could say anything they wanted in this room.  Rosalyn smiled as she casted a noise cancellation spell. "It's better to be safe."

Adara smiled a true smile. "Miss Rosalyn, you are wonderful." But then she and Cale looked at Choi Han and their good mood fell.

Choi Han had his head down since he entered the room, not daring to look up. Adara thought she knew what had happened, and she was annoyed because she thought it would be certain, but she was not annoyed at Choi Han. She was annoyed because she let herself get hopeful.

Hopeful that he would kill Redika.

"Tell us," they both said, their voices on the edge of unnerving and melodic.

Choi Han lifted his head, staring them straight in the eye. "That mage did appear in the location you told me. I tried to kill him, but his subordinates rushed towards me."

"I'm sure all of them were ready to give their lives for that mage," Adara commented.

"Yes..." Choi Han agreed.

This just proves how much the Secret Organisation values that motherfucker, Adara thought, thinking hard. Oh, of course. They value him because he made those magic bombs. If he cannot make more, a significant number of their plans will be set back.

"So they escaped?" Cale asked.

"Yes..." Choi Han said, dejected. He lowered his head again, still upset. "I only managed to cut off his left arm."

Adara straightened up. What?

Choi Han continued, not seeing Adara's reaction. "I then burned the arm up in case he came back for his arm to put it back together. Ah, his left eye should be injured as well." He clenched his fists. "I was supposed to kill him. I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Are you kidding me?" Adara took a step towards him.

Choi Han flinched.

She grabbed his clenched fists, brought them up, forcing him to look up at her as well. He was confused when he saw her eyes were shining. "That's amazing!"

Choi Han opened his mouth, confused, but before he could continue, Adara was already speaking.

"Pardon me for the details, Miss Rosalyn," she said, speaking quickly. "But Choi Han, you did so well. Mages need both hands to be able to properly channel mana, it needs to be balanced or else it won't work as well. You try to make a shield, you accidentally change your hair colour, that sort of things. By cutting off an arm, well, losing an arm, makes it so much harder for Mages to do anything. So don't be sorry, I will spar you and beat your ass if you are sorry."

Choi Han stared at the Young Mistress in front of him, with his mouth open like a gaping fish. She looked almost like another person. She seemed so excited, filled with... child-like enthusiasm. She looked like Adara, in every moment except her mannerisms. But then she seemed to realise what she was doing, and she took a step back. Letting go of his hands too fast.

She stood next to Cale, her hands at her sides. Her face lost that shining expression, her eyes cold and her face stone.

Cale glanced at her, worried. But she was avoiding his gaze. He turned to Lock instead, On and Hong were stiff in Lock's arms. Lock too was looking at Cale and Adara with a desperate gaze.

Adara, having taken herself out of her disassociate trance, also noticed it. Did Choi Han go berserk? she wondered. She hadn't noticed anything whe—. She saw Choi Han now. He had a black aura around him. It was faint but it reminded her of the assassins she had killed.

"His subordinates?" Cale asked Choi Han.

"I thought it was better to kill them, so I took care of them," came his short response.

Adara noticed Hong creep closer to On. Choi Han had used his black aura to get rid of the bodies without any traces. It made Hong realise you could melt a person with aura. He had never thought of it like that.

Adara frowned at his wording. "You didn't break any buildings or anything, right? We might have to clean up those messes."

It was a reasonable question. Harris Village and the Blue Wolf Tribe Incident were both traumatic events for Choi Han. It was understandable to worry that he would go crazy if he saw the person who caused those traumatic events in front of him, alive and not dead. And there was no way of knowing what Choi Han would do if he went berserk.

And it was not an exaggeration that they would have to clean up those messes. Since Choi Han was in association with them, they would certainly need to clean up the mess. But they would rather avoid that situation altogether.

"Yes, of course," Choi Han said, not missing a beat. "As Cale-nim and Adara-nim mentioned, I made sure not to damage anything around the area."

The kittens looked at Choi Han, shyly, remembering what Choi Han had screamed to the subordinates as he killed them.

"All of the important people in my life were killed or almost killed by you," he had screamed. "Including today!"

The buildings had not been damaged, not a single thing was scratched. But the look on Choi Han's face when he melted the Secret Organisation members alive... was scary. He did not go berserk. And that made it scarier. On and Hong slowly made their way to the Black Dragon, relief flooding them as they were by the dragon's side. The strongest, cutest, and nicest individual in this room was the Black Dragon, naturally.

Cale was the first to break the silence. Looking at Choi Han, he said, "I see, you worked hard."

Cale's words made Choi Han look up at him, he saw Adara's distant nod.

Adara started speaking as well. "Yes. All of you worked hard today. It is all thanks to you six that nobody died today."

Rosalyn looked around. She looked at Choi Han, saw his fists which were tightly clenched loosened. She looked at Lock, who was looking at the two Nobles with bright eyes, admiration and proudness in them. She looked at the kittens that were wagging their tails, meowing excitedly. She looked at the Black Dragon, who had perked up, his chest puffed out. Finally, she looked at Cale and Adara. She felt an odd sense of cohesion around her. As if she belonged here.

Not in this Palace, not in this room, not in this kingdom, not even on this continent. But here. With all these people around her. She smiled, somewhat glad there had been an attempt on her life. Otherwise, she might never have met these people.

"You two worked hard too," the Black Dragon pointed out.

Cale and Adara smiled, sharing a look with each other. "Indeed," they said, their viciously sly smile terrifying. "We worked very hard. That is why we will be rewarded."

And their time to be rewarded would come, but not tonight.

Adara was sitting on Cale's bed, he was already in the bed, his feet had started to get cold.

"I guess the Crown Prince won't come tonight to check on us," Adara commented, looking at the dark sky outside.

Cale raised an eyebrow. "Why? You want him to come?"

"I want my reward," she responded. She casted a noise cancellation spell. "And I want to make sure he is a Dark Elf."

Cale frowned, remembering what she had said during the parade. Truly, it did seem odd. Especially since the magic on his hair and eyes did not disappear when the Mana Distrubance Tool was turned on. "So you think he is a Dark Elf?"

She nodded. "I am almost certain."

Cale watched her face, looked at her sun pendant. "And what? Do you want to tell him? That you're a Dark Elf as well?"

Adara frowned this time. She had never thought of revealing her existence. "No... It doesn't have any benefits. When it does have clear benefits to revealing that to him, then I will do it. And I'm not even sure what his intentions are. I still don't know why he invited me to all those banquets. I guess I will simply wait, make sure I am certain that he is a Dark Elf. And then, if the situation calls for it, I'll reveal it."

Cale nodded, it was a good plan.

But Adara moved on from the topic, now remembering the attack. There were no arrows. She didn't know why it felt wrong that there had not been any arrows. There should have been someone there, one of the Secret Organisation members, who was firing off arrows. But there was not. There were no arrows.

"What's wrong?" Cale asked, seeing her frowning face.

"There were no arrows," she muttered, loud enough for him to hear. "Why were there no arrows? It seems like it should have been there."

Cale started thinking about the attack he had witnessed, and the attack he had read about. Indeed, there was a member shooting arrows with terrifying precision in the one he read about. "Yes, it is odd how there were no arrows this time. Could we have changed that point in the storyline as well?"

She shrugged. "Who knows, maybe they had a shortage of archers. In the grand scheme of things, I honestly don't think it matters that much. I don't know why I was fixated on it so much."

Cale watched her with quiet eyes. He thought he knew what was going on. But he would never dare say it. Never dare remind her of the fact that... she too was an archer.

"Let's go to sleep," Adara said suddenly.

Cale wondered for a moment if she had figured it out, but then she stood up from her seat on the bed and smiled at him. No, she doesn't know. And I'm going to keep it that way. "Yes, we should. Sweet dreams."

She walked to her bed, stopping the noise cancellation spell. "Goodnight."

It was dark.

She was climbing.

She didn't know what she was climbing, she couldn't see. But she didn't want to see. It wouldn't be good.

She continued climbing, there was a light at the top. It kept getting further and further.

She kept climbing faster and faster.

Every muscle in her body was aching.

She wanted to stop.

But she needed to get to the top. To the light. It was too dark here.

She huffed and huffed as she continued climbing. She needed to get to the top. It was too dark. She couldn't... see.

A hand clasped around her ankle.

She let out a yell.

She shook her leg, trying to get rid of the clammy hand around her ankle.

But another hand clasped around her wrist.

Another clasped around her arm.

Another her other ankle.

A hand on her neck.

A hand on her leg.

On her thigh.

Her knee.

She tried screaming again, tried shaking the hands off. But a hand went around her mouth as well.

She realised where the hands were coming from.

They were coming from what she was climbing.

A mountain of corpses.

She recognised faces in them.

But recognising their faces would not matter, not with their hands pulling her into the pile.

If she went into the pile... the dream would be over.

She would suffocate under the pile of corpses. And the dream would be over.

She couldn't let the dream end.

She needed to wake up.

...She needed to wake up.

...Needed to wake up.

...To wake up.

Wake up.

She awoke with a startled gasp. It was dark in the room she was in.

She panted for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling. Letting her breathing even out, she tried to make out the ceiling. It always helped her to find faults in the ceiling to help herself calm down.

There were no faults.

She groaned, turning to one side. The blanket had been kicked to the other side of the bed, no doubt she had kicked it herself. She got the blanket, pulled it over her again.

She needed... to try and sleep.

It was her fault she was getting bad dreams again. She was getting too comfortable and letting herself sleep deeper.

She just needed to sleep.

For tonight.

A sleep without dreams.

The next morning, she stayed in bed longer than usual. She didn't even have the energy to pick up her book from the nightstand next to her bed. She just wanted to sleep. But she couldn't let her body relax lest she feel those hands on her again.

The maids had already opened the door and closed it 4 times already, every time checking to see if they were still asleep.

When the door opened for the fifth time, Adara expected it to be the maids again. But the footsteps were different, they were self-assured, the steps almost nimble. She guessed who this was.

Crown Prince Alberu Crossman of the Roan Kingdom.

And he was here to visit them.

He walked a bit before he stopped. He was standing in between their beds, the beds on opposite walls. "Are you two really asleep?"

Adara flung the blanket away from her, as Cale sat upright in his bed. "You caught us," Adara commented, throwing her feet on the edge of the bed. The cold morning air chilled her, goosebumps appearing on her skin.

Crown Prince Alberu had his eyes on her, only slightly narrowed. One of the straps to her nightdress fell off her shoulder, so she put it back up. Alberu's eyes did not leave her. She looked at him with a pressing stare, practically demanding he look her in the eyes.

And when he did, when he finally looked in those soulless eyes, he felt the hairs on his back stand up, a small smile inching up his face. Hah, even with bed hair she still manages to look terrifyingly beautiful. She might be a Dark Elf. But he turned his eyes to Cale, because he felt his image cracking at the edges.

Cale was wearing a face of awe, so excited and admiring that the Crown Prince himself was visiting him.

Alberu cringed, but it did do the job. He felt his facial control become his. "That expression of yours is giving me the chills."

Cale's face fell, it fell back to its usual relaxed stoic expression. "Thank you very much."

Alberu almost held his breath when Adara walked past him, her shoulder brushing against his chest. But he didn't. He remembered to breathe. As controlled as he could. And then maybe he sat on the chair next to Cale's bed a bit too quickly, but it was not like Adara or Cale noticed.

Because Adara was sitting on his bed, her eyes on Cale. She wasn't smiling but her expression was kind. "Good morning. Sleep well?"

Cale did smile at her. "Yes, actually. These beds are the best I've ever laid on."

Alberu, in an attempt to get the attention back on him, coughed fakely. In coordination, both Cale and Adara's eyes turned to him. "I have said that you two are currently resting," he explained. "I said that you got up at the Plaza even though it was difficult so that you two could help calm things down like proper Nobles."

He smiled, adding, "Since you two revealed that you both possess an Ancient Power— the same one, may I add— I played along and said you have a special defensive Ancient Power that is not very strong. There were a lot of questions about how you both had the same Ancient Power, so I simply said the Heavens approved of you both, I could not explain it any other way."

Adara frowned at the 'Heavens approving them' part, but otherwise, it was not bad.

Cale took a moment to respond. "Two young Nobles that are weak but stepped forward for the Kingdom. Except for the Heavens part, it is a nice story."

"It is a very nice story," Adara agreed. "The Citizens will gobble it up. But you could have done without the Heavens bit."

Alberu sighed. He too hated the Heavens segment, but it was necessary. "It was needed." But he waved his hand, trying to avoid looking at the sun pendant dangling around Adara's neck. "By tomorrow, any information about rumours about you both and the current situation will be delivered to you through your butler. Make sure to take a look."

She definitely would. Rumours were important. She needed to know how to use them and influence others on the basis of them.

But she watched the Crown Prince's face. Noticed it was different than how Cale said he treated Choi Han in the novel. There were no warm smiles, no earnest words. Simply a stoic expression, with a plain voice. But his eyes were different. His eyes seemed to be watching her for any movement that would tell him something.

She wondered what he was looking for.

Alberu frowned, seeing both of their relaxed demeanours. It was impossible to tell anything from their body language. And it was annoying him. Yesterday night, when he was researching both Cale and Adara— what he found on her he could not believe— he stumbled on the fact that not much was written about Cale's mother.

The whole reason he had believed Adara to be a Dark Elf, excluding the rumours and mean jokes, was that there was nothing on her mother. And there was nothing on his mother either. Is that how they became friends? Their ancestry? There was not much on how they became friends either. There was always a close relationship between the two Households since they both guarded the Forest of Darkness, but they were never close. Until Cale and Adara.

"By the way..." Alberu started, hesitant. It would simply be easy to ask. But how would he know they were telling the truth? It was not like he was going to go to the Temple of Death to make a vow.

Adara stilled her thoughts when she saw him being hesitant. It was not something she thought she would ever see from the Crown Prince. But, the Black Dragon decided to bring her mind into chaos again.

'Now I am certain,' the Black Dragon said, speaking to them in his mind. 'He is not human.'

Before Adara could process what he had said, realise what it meant, the Crown Prince decided to bring her mind into even more chaos.

"You two are human, right?"

Her mind was a loud buzz, no clear thoughts distinct from the others. She was suddenly wishing she really was injured.

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49 6 10
[COMPLETE] You know that time in your life that feels so amazing you never want to let it go, at least, it feels that way after it's over? You never...
1.2K 40 17
**Notice before reading** This is not a cheating trope , you'll get to know after reading 2nd chapter. 🖤🖤🖤 Adain is a man in his e...
17.2K 994 19
〔 Kim Rok Soo x Cale Henituse (og!) 〕 《 Discontinued! 》 Cale made a deal with the god of death, he returned to the past and was surprised because the...
159K 9.5K 39
What if The original Cale didn't got transferred to another world and stay in the original world? let us find out! Cale Henituse.. Cale has the title...