falling like the stars, sam w...

Per maybankwalker

[ supernatural -- seasons 6-10 ] Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling Like the Stars Say You... Més

cast
001. one year
002. sammy
003. not the same
004. vampire brother
005. soulless
006. "is it a kinky thing?"
007. fairies
008. normal sam
009. fuckboy
010. facing the past
011. alternate universe
012. wild wild west
013. breaking wall
014. hallucinations
015. kitsune
016. psychics
017. second marriage
018. bobby
019. baby #3
020. dean's kid
021. glitter
022. insomnia
023. psych ward
024. garth and foxholes
025. charlie
026. a kevin tran
027. final goodbye
028. purgatory
029. single dad
030. happy again
032. farmers market
033. benny
034. cas is back
035. braid sam's hair
036. trust issues
037. talk
038. larping
039. men of letters
040. bunker
041. trials
042. stooges
043. bloody napkin
044. teen hunters
045. second trial
046. grounded
047. metatron
048. demon cure
049. just in case
050. kevin solo
051. oz
052. talk to dogs
053. breaking promises
054. killer angel
055. talk
056. sharp teeth
057. spa day
058. mother and son reunion
059. ghostfacers end
060. fed up miranda
061. hiding out
062. sour patch kids
063. sammy's admirers
064. claire and metatron
065. dark charlie
066. sugar rush
067. morning grouches
068. angel heart
069. angry
Fourth Book

031. kevin's mom

304 15 4
Per maybankwalker

"Are you kidding me? You serious?" Dean asks after hearing Kevin's request.

"What? Is it too much to ask if we can swing by and check on my mom?" Kevin asks.

"Swing by? It's a day's drive in the opposite direction. You know that, right?" Dean asks.

"Yes. I understand we're in a hurry." Kevin says.

"Okay, well, then, what's the problem?" Dean asks.

"Channing's broken neck is my problem!" Kevin exclaims. He looks around to make sure nobody heard. "I'd rather not see my mom twisted into a corkscrew."

"Kid's got a point, Dean." Sam says.

"Stay out of this." Dean tells him, Sam smirking in amusement. "Kevin, your mom is fine."

"How can you possibly know that?" Kevin asks.

"Because Crowley needs her to be, okay? In fact, he's probably got the place stacked with bodyguards right now, protecting her so that when you do show up, they'll pounce on you both."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"She's bait, man, plain and simple. And you want to swim right up and bite the hook? Look, we have Crowley by the short and curlies, okay? All we need to do is find the tablet, whip up the spell, and -- boom! -- sunshine and sandy beaches."

"Dean, my mom's all alone. She's surrounded by demons. Can you really not understand why I want to make sure she's okay?"

Dean looks at Sam who shrugs.

"I'm with the kid." Miranda says.

"If I were him, I'd just leave you and find my mommy." Carly tells her uncle.

"Son of a bitch." Dean grumbles, dropping his burger. "Fine. Let's go."

+++

They're sitting in the Impala across the street from the Tran household. Sam is looking through binoculars.

"Tiger mom, 9:00." Kevin snatches the binoculars.

"Where?" He asks.

"Left window." Sam answers.

"She seems okay. Sad... but okay." Kevin says.

"Check out the mailman." Dean says.

"Yeah, that's Carl. So what?" Kevin asks.

"Yeah, well, Carl's filled your mom's mailbox three times since we've been sitting here." Dean says.

"He's a demon?" Kevin asks.

"And see the gardener? Think that plant needs any more water?" Dean questions.

~ ~ ~

They sneak to the back and cut the water off from the hose. As the gardener comes to investigate, Dean stabs him with Ruby's knife, killing him.

Dean and Miranda purposely cause noise and soon the mailman walks through the back gate. The two wave as Sam comes up, stabbing the mailman with the knife, the man falling dead.

They go to the front door and Kevin knocks on it, his mom soon answering.

"Hi, mom." Kevin greets.

"Oh! Kev-- Kevin." She says. As she goes to hug Kevin, the brothers step into view, splashing her with holy water. "Ah! Oh! What..."

"She's clean." Dean says. Kevin hugs his mom who tightly returns the hug.

"You smell that?" Sam asks. Sam and Dean start to walk further into the house. "Stay back." He tells Miranda and the kids.

They get into the kitchen as Sam finishes forcing the demon in Eunis' body. Dean charges forward, stabbing the woman, killing her and the demon inside her.

"Eunis!" Mrs. Tran screams.

"That's not Eunis." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

"Ms. Tran, your friend was possessed by a demon." Sam says as the group sit in the living room.

"Have you ever seen The Exorcist?" Kevin asks.

"Is that what you've been doing all year? Watching television?" Linda asks her son. "Did you really have to kill her?"

"The demon would have warned Crowley where Kevin was if we didn't." Dean says.

"And Crowley is the one who kidnapped you?" Linda asks.

"Yeah. He wants me to translate his stupid tablet so he can take over the universe or something." Kevin says.

"Which is why we need to get it so that we can slam the gates of Hell forever with Crowley inside." Dean says.

"So that things like that don't ever happen again." Sam says, motioning to the kitchen.

"Prophet of the Lord, huh? It does have a nice ring to it. I'll get packed." Linda stands up.

"We're gonna need a safe house since Crowley's been to the cabin, so--"

"Safe house? I thought we were going to get the tablet." Linda cuts Dean off.

"Uh, we are. You're taking a trip to a demon free zone." Dean says.

"And risk letting Kevin fall into the hands of this Crowley again? I don't think so." Linda says.

"Ms. Tarn, all due respect, Dean's right. Crowley -- he's not just a killer. He trades in torment. And if he can find a way to separate your soul from you, he'll take that soul to Hell and-and roast it till there's nothing left but black smoke. Look, it's best if you let us handle this." Sam says.

"I understand. But it's not my soul I'm worried about. It's my son." Linda says. "These kids belong to her and at least one of you, huh?" She asks Miranda and looks between the brothers.

"The giant." Miranda states.

"You're telling me you'd just let somebody make you hide while they try to keep your children safe?" Linda inquires.

Miranda and Sam share a look, knowing they'd kill anything that touched their children.

"All right, then." Miranda says.

"No, no, no, not "all right, then."" Sam argues. "Kevin, you want to back us up here? Came all the way down here to pull her out of the fire and now she wants to jump right back in." Dean says.

"Like I can tell her what to do?" Kevin asks.

"All right. Coming with us has conditions. Uh, hex bags to stay off the bad guys' radar and, uh, you're gonna have to get inked up." Dean says.

"Do what now?" Kevin asks.

"Yeah, uh..." Sam pulls his shirt down a bit, revealing his anti-possession tattoo. "You, too, shortstop. Keeps the demons out."

"Fine." Linda says.

"Really?" Dean asks.

"What, like it's my first tattoo?" Linda asks, walking out of the room. Miranda smirks.

+++

They're in the tattoo parlor, Linda and Kevin both getting the anti-possession tattoos. Kevin is crying and groaning in pain while Linda holds his hand, the woman completely unaffected by the needle.

"You smell it, Sammy?" Dean asks.

"Burning flesh?" Sam asks.

"Revenge. So close. Hey, how'd you do that reverse exorcism thing?" Dean asks.

"Just said the verse backwards." Sam says.

+++

"So, place is clean, far as I can tell." Sam says, he and Dean walking to where his family and the Trans are sitting on a bench at the bus station.

Kevin gives Dean a key.

"All right. Positive thoughts." Dean says. He unlocks a locker and opens it, taking a bag out. "You hid the Word of God in a diaper bag?"

"No." Kevin answers. Dean looks through the bag. Sam gives his brother an annoyed smirk.

"Shut up." Dean tells his brother, shoving the bag back into the locker and slamming the door shut.

~ ~ ~

"Been nothing but trouble with these lockers. Got broke into damn near every day for a while. Could never figure out who it was till yesterday." The guard says.

"Oh, so you know who did it?" Sam asks.

"Sure. Was Clem Smedley, a guy who worked the desk before me." The guard says.

"Please tell me he's down at County right now." Dean says.

"Yep, waiting for arraignment." The guard says.

"Thanks." Sam says.

+++

Dean pulls to a stop, the group getting out of the car. Sam gets Serena out of the car and holds her. Miranda grabs onto her older two kids' hands.

"Whoa." Kevin comments, looking at a red Ferrari.

"Hey." Linda motioning for him to walk, the group going into a pawn shop.

"Hello, sir." Sam greets the guy behind the counter. "Agents Neil and Sixx, FBI." The brothers hold up FBI badges. "Uh, we're looking for a tablet."

"About, uh, yea big, got some hieroglyphic crap on it." Dean says.

"Sold to you by a thief named Clem. Ring a bell?" Sam asks.

"Nope." The clerk answers. Dean looks at the guy's name tag.

"Hey, Lyle, I've had a really, really bad day today, so I'm not in the mood to dillydally. If you want to do this the rough way, I am happy to oblige." Dean says.

"Sure. We can do it that way, if you want to get famous." Lyle gestures to the security camera.

"That your car outside?" Linda asks, pointing to the red Ferrari.

"What's it to you, mail order?" Lyle asks.

"Hey!" Dean slams his hand on the counter. "Pal!"

"I got it." Linda assures. "I notice you're driving with expired tags, maybe because you just acquired it in a trade, and I'm guessing that means you haven't registered yet, which means you haven't paid the tax. Is that correct?"

"None of your business." Lyle says.

"Kevin, average blue book on a 2010 Ferrari F430 Spider?" Linda asks.

"$217,000." Kevin answers.

"And the 5% Wyoming tax?" She asks.

"$10,850."

"$10,000. Something tells me you're the type who might balk at a tax bill that big."

"W-what is this, an FBI audit?" Lyle asks.

"No. But my brother, who happens to work for the Wyoming tax assessor's office, could arrange that if he thought something untoward was happening here. So what's it going to be -- the tablet or that piece of Eurotrash crap you call a car?"

+++

Sam knocks on the motel room door of 126.

"Sure this is the right place?" Sam asks.

"It's what the pawn slip says." Dean says.

"Kevin?" A man calls out.

"Who wants to know?" Dean asks.

"Oh, relax, Dean. I'm not going to steal your prophet." The man says. "Ah. And you must be Kevin's mother. Um... Beau. And it is my absolute pleasure." He kisses the back of Linda's hand. "And, um, Kevin, imagine my luck. Here I was, working so hard to looking for you that I never stopped to think you might be looking for me. I have something for you."

"What is it?"

"An invitation, dear man, to a very exclusive auction." Beau hands Kevin an envelope.

"Let me guess -- where you'll be selling the tablet?" Dean asks.

"Well, when we acquire an item as hot as the Word of God, it's smart to unload it as fast as possible. And we are in such desperate need of a headliner for tonight's gala." Beau says.

"Well, I hope you have some extra tickets to your little eBay party cause the prophet's with us." Dean says.

"Oh, if you're worried about the safety of the prophet, rest assured that we have a strict no casting, no cursing, no supernaturally flicking you all against the wall just for fun of it policy."

"Is that right? How'd you manage that?" Sam asks.

"Well, I am the right hand of a God, after all -- Plutus, specifically." Beau says.

"Is that even a planet anymore?" Dean asks.

"It's the God of greed. And my liege has warded these premises against Hell, Heaven, and beyond -- quite necessary with some of the players we see. And incidentally, quite possibly the safest place your precious prophet could be. Mm. Well, since time is of the essence, perhaps I'll just go ahead and add a plus four to the prophet's invitation. Copacetic?" He disappears.

"Well, thank you, Mr. Peanut!" Dean calls. "All right. What do we have to bid?" Sam scoffs. "What? We can't just show up there empty handed."

"Dean, all we have to our names is a few hacked gold cards." Sam says.

"All right. Well, then, we're gonna have to get creative." Dean says.

"Huh." Sam looks at the Impala. Well..."

"No. Mnh-mnh. Say it and I will kill you, your children, and your grandchildren." Dean threatens.

Dean yells out in pain, double over, when Carly punches him in the nuts.

"Carly!" Sam exclaims as Miranda breaks out into laughter.

"Ohhh." Dean whines, holding his crotch. "What the fuck was that for?"

"Cause I can't reach your throat." Carly says. Realization shows in her eyes, realizing the lack of height difference with him bent over.

As she goes to swing, Sam grabs her arm.

"Hey, hey, hey, whoa!" Sam grabs her arm, pulling her back. "Thought you said your mom only said to do that when somebody was mean."

"Threatening to kill all of us is mean." Carly defends.

Sam looks at Miranda who is giggling.

"Okay, no-- no more violence. All right? That goes for both of you." Sam tells the two blondes.

"Uh... wait a second. They-- these auctions, they display the items to the bidders beforehand, right?" Sam asks. He glances down, seeing Miranda high five Carly, the man rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, so?" Dean asks, still wincing.

"So all we got to do is get Kevin close enough to memorize the spell." Sam says.

"What do you think, brainiac? Think you can swing it?" Dean asks.

"Of course he can swing it... if the bumper stickers on my Previa mean anything." Linda says.

"They didn't mean it, baby." Dean tells the Impala.

+++

The brothers get back to the motel, but without the two members of the Tran family. They explain all that happened and after they finish, Miranda hits Dean over the head with a pillow.

"Ow!" Dean cries out.

"You almost killed his fucking mother? Have you lost it?" Miranda questions.

"Wha-- it was Crowley! I had to." Dean says.

"No! You fucking exorcise her. I know we want Crowley dead, but he's not more important than innocent woman's life. Especially Kevin's mother! If I was him, I would've killed you rather you got away with offing my mother or not."

"It's not that big a deal." Dean groans.

"Oh, yeah? So if Crowley possesses him, you gonna kill your little brother? Or is that a big deal?" Miranda questions.

"He's got a family. Of course it's a big deal." Dean rolls his eyes.

"So does Mrs. Tran. She's got a fucking son." Miranda says. "Who hates you now. Fucking psycho." She grumbles, hitting him over the head.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

14.9K 860 112
[ supernatural -- seasons 11-15 ] Second Crossover Series: Someone to You Not Strong Enough I Know the End I DO NOT own Supernatural, any of the show...
38.5K 1.4K 56
[ supernatural -- seasons 9-11 ] Ophelia and Libby Winchester Series: Comfort Crowd Running Up That Hill Stronger Than Ever I DO NOT own Supernatural...
30.8K 911 38
❝Honestly, I think the world's gonna end bloody. But it doesn't mean we shouldn't fight. We do have choices.❞ - [supernatural seasons 4-5]
53.6K 1.7K 17
Miranda Carpenter Series: Gorgeous Sparks Fly Falling like the Stars Say You Won't Let Go I DON'T own Sam Winchester or anything related to Supernatu...