009. fuckboy

Sam, Miranda, and the kids are in their motel room. Sam is sitting on the edge of one of the beds while Miranda is playing with Carly and Wyatt is napping.

The door opens and Dean walks in with some takeout and drinks.

"What are you watching?" Dean asks.

"Just trying to catch up. So... Mel Gibson really took a turn this past year, huh?" Sam asks, turning the TV off.

"Or he's possessed." Dean says and Sam looks at him. "Seriously, think about it." He says, tossing Sam food. "So, I just got off the blower with Bobby."

"Oh, yeah? You got anything else on this, uh, mother of all thing?" Sam asks.

"Uh, no, nothing solid. He says it's quiet." Dean says. Sam's phone dings.

"Quiet like quiet or quiet like too quiet?" Sam asks, checking his phone.

"When is it ever just quiet?" Dean asks.

"Right." Sam says, reading the message he got and he hums.

"What?" Dean asks and Sam shows him the text. "What are these, coordinates? Who's it from?"

"I have no idea." Sam says, looking the coordinates up on a map.

"Coordinates?" Miranda asks.

"Well?" Dean asks after a few moments.

"Uh, Bristol, Rhode Island, where three women disappeared in the last week. Apparently, the, uh, victims seemed to vanish into thin air." Sam says.

"Could be something. Who's the text from?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. It just kept ringing." Sam says.

"What's that about?" Dean asks.

"Could be another hunter looking for backup, throwing us a case? Who knows how many hunters I even met, working with the Campbells, you know? But I think we should go." Sam says.

"Whoa, wait. We're just gonna drop everything?" Dean asks.

"Dude, two minutes ago, you weren't doing anything." Sam says.

"You got mysterious coordinates from a mysterious Mr. X, leading to a mysterious town? That doesn't throw up red flags to you?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. Maybe. But that doesn't mean we can just ignore a bunch of missing girls, right?" Sam asks.

"Okay. We'll check it out. But if things get squirrely, we dump out, okay?" Dean says.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

+++

They're at a restaurant in Bristol and Dean is looking through missing persons leaflets as the four sit at a table, the twins in high chairs.

"Well, freak's got a type... brunettes." Dean says. "Whoa. This one's got a little bit of a wild side." He shows a photo. "It's all in the eyes, Sam. See it?"

"All right, well, aside from your little deep insight there, these women actually have nothing in common. Different jobs, different friends, different everything. So, what's the connection?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Why don't you two figure that out? I'm gonna go hit the poop deck." Dean says before going to the bathroom.

"Agent Roark?" The ex-couple look up to find a woman and a man walk over. "It's good to see you again." She addresses Sam.

"It is." Sam says.

"Oh, you remember my husband?" The woman asks, gesturing to her husband.

"Right." Sam politely smiles.