068. angel heart

Sam told Miranda all about how he didn't burn the book and is planning to continue to try to find a way behind Dean's back.

"Are you positive about this?" Miranda asks.

"Yes." Sam nods.

"Sammy..."

"I need to do this, Randi. Please." Sam silently begs her for support.

"Fine." Miranda says. "Do what you need to. As long as you don't get yourself killed."

"Thank you." Sam pecks her on the lips. "I'm going here." He gives her a copy of the address. "It's a lot to explain, I'll do it later. I love you." He leaves.

"Idiot." Miranda mumbles.

+++

Cas is pacing outside of the hospital as the Impala approaches, the group getting out.

"Thanks for coming." Cas tells them.

"Yeah, of course." Sam says.

"Cas, look, we're always glad to help, but Claire and I aren't exactly on the best of terms. I mean, should I even be here?" Dean asks.

"I need help from all of you. You were troubled teens. You speak her language." Cas says.

"How is she?" Miranda asks.

"I-I haven't gone in yet. I was waiting for backup." Cas admits.

"Backup?" Dean asks. "Three men, a lady, and a munch of little terrors. Let's do this." Carly kicks him in the shin. "Ah!" He holds his leg, turning to the two parents. "Hello?!"

"We'll get you ice cream later, kiddo." Miranda tells her.

Sam reaches out and gently pulls Carly away from Dean.

They walk through the hospital, getting to Claire's room.

"What are you doing here?" Claire asks. "And why the hell did you bring him?" She asks, looking at Dean.

"Awesome." Dean mutters sarcastically.

"Um, the... the police found my number in your emergency contact list." Cas says.

"Yeah, well... that was a mistake." Claire says.

"Claire... why were you at a bar?" Cas asks.

"I wasn't." Claire says.

"Claire, what were you doing in an alley outside of a bar?" Sam asks.

"Wrong place, wrong time. Story of my life." Claire says.

"Look, we're not leaving until you tell us what the hell really happened. So if you want us gone... talk." Sam says.

"I was looking for my mom." Claire states. "I wanna find my mom and tell her she ruined my life."

"Your mom didn't--" Cas starts.

"She left me, and so did my dad." Claire states. "But Jimmy's gone, right? Has it easy up in Heaven. So... mom's the only one left I can tell off."

"When's the last anybody heard from your mom?" Sam asks.

"Um... when we were living with our grandmother, she used to send postcards." Claire says, taking a package out of her bag. "This is the last one." She hands the postcard to Sam. "I got it just before my grandma died. Three years ago. Nobody's heard from her since. It was sent from a motel here in town."

"That's where I've been crashing. I was at Susie's bar looking for a loser named Ronnie Cartwright. Mom's diary said she was gonna meet him around the time she disappeared. Before he knocked me down, he remembered her name. He knows something."