002. sammy

Miranda is at Bobby's, Carly upstairs and taking a nap. Wyatt woke up from his nap earlier than usual, being even more glued to his mom given his somewhat tired state.

There's a knock on the door and Bobby goes to answer it. After hearing some talking, Miranda walks towards the door, frowning when she sees Dean.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Miranda questions.

"Well..." Dean trails off.

Sam steps in the doorway, Miranda freezing.

"Hey, Bobby. Hey, Randi." Sam smiles.

"What the fuck?" Miranda mumbles. The eight month old in her arms babbles.

"Sam." Bobby nods.

Not sensing shock in his voice, Miranda looks at Bobby who isn't shocked to see the supposedly dead brother.

"What the hell is happening?" Miranda questions. "How are-- when did you--"

"We'll explain everything, I promise." Sam tells her.

~ ~ ~

"You knew. You knew Sam was alive." Dean says.

"Yeah." Bobby nods.

"How long?" Dean asks.

"Look--" Bobby tries.

"How long?!" Dean asks again.

"All year." Bobby admits.

"Yeah?!" Miranda exclaims. "You've been alive this whole fucking time?"

"Yeah." Sam quietly admits.

"And you didn't think to tell me?" She turns to Bobby. "All those times you babysat Carly for me and-- and came to her birthday, you didn't think to mention that her father was alive?! What the fuck?!"

"And I'd do it again." Bobby says.

"What?" Miranda scoffs.

"Why?!" Dean asks.

"Because you both got out! You walked away from the life. And I was so damn grateful, you got no idea."

"Oh, yeah, no, I-I much rather believe my boyfriend is fucking dead, leaving myself to raise two children alone!" Miranda sneers.

"Do you have any clue what walking away meant for me?" Dean asks.

"Yeah -- a woman and a kid and not getting your guts ripped out at age 30. That's what it meant." Bobby says. "And you got your two kids."

"I got a baby and a heartbroken daughter who still doesn't understand where her dad went!"

"That woman and that kid -- I went to them because you asked me to." Dean says.

"Good." Bobby says.

"Good for who? I showed up on their doorstep half out of my head with grief. God knows why they even let me in. I drank too much. I had nightmares. I looked everywhere. I collected hundreds of books, trying to find anything to bust you out."

"You promised you'd leave it alone." Sam says.

"Of course I didn't leave it alone! Sue me! A damn year? You couldn't put me out of my misery?" Dean asks.

"Look, I get it wasn't easy. But that's life! And it's as close to happiness as I've ever seen a hunter get, let alone two. It ain't like I wanted to lie to you, kids. But you were out."

"Do I look out to you?" Dean storms out.

"This whole fucking year. Venting about how hard being a single mother is and-- and how Carly keeps asking "where's daddy?" and you didn't have the sense to tell me a single damn thing. Or to let him pop up."