040. bunker

Dean pulls up to a bunker and they all get out and go to the entrance.

"When's the last time somebody was in this place?" Dean asks.

"Sixty-five, seventy years ago." Sam shrugs.

Dean opens the box and takes the key out. They walk down a short set of stairs and reach the door. Dean unlocks it, the group entering the dark building. The adults turn their flashlights on and look over the railing at the room.

"Son of a bitch." Dean mutters.

"Look at this. Ham radio, telegraph, switchboard. This was their nerve center." Sam says.

"Henry did say that they ran dispatch on their own team of hunters." Dean says, shining his flashlight on a table that has a chess board, ashtray, a glass, and a dirty mug. "Wow. Halfway through their coffee and a game of chess. Looks like whoever was manning the hub left quick."

"On the alarm call that ended the Men of Letters." Sam says. Dean opens a switch box on the wall and pushes a lever, the lights coming on.

"Whoa." Carly's eyes widen.

"Son of a bitch." Sam mutters. They go down the staircase and walk into the library that has many shelves and two long tables in the middle.

"Sammy, I think we found the Bat Cave." Dean says.

+++

The next morning, Sam and Miranda are in the library and Sam is looking through a bunch of books. Miranda is sitting across from him at the table. Wyatt and Serena are eating some food that Miranda bought the other day. Carly is sitting in an arm chair and reading The Wizard of Oz, having found it on one of the shelves.

Neither parent slept super well, all three of their kids ending up in bed with them relatively soon, none super keen on the idea of their own rooms.

"Morning." Dean greets, walking into the library.

"Morning." Sam says.

"The, uh, water pressure in the letters' shower room is marvelous." Dean says.

"Yeah. I still can't figure out how we even have water... or electricity." Sam says.

"Yep, well, I am putting that under the "ain't broke" column. Listen, little brother, let's not go all geek on this stuff, okay?"

""Geek?""

"Yeah. Yeah, I mean, don't-- don't get me wrong." Dean picks up a scimitar that was a display stand. "This stuff is awesome, and it looks like they ran a real tight outfit here, but I'm just saying, you know, don't, uh, don't think they knew some big secrets that we don't know."

As Sam's back is to him, Dean strikes some poses with the scimitar causing Miranda to roll her eyes. When Sam turns to him, Dean straightens up, acting like he wasn't doing anything.

"Dean... they were a secret society." Sam says.

"Which means that they made shit up and wore fezzes and sashes and swung around scimitars. They probably didn't even sharp--" Dean runs his fingers along the blade and cuts his finger. "That's very sharp." He puts the scimitar back on the stand.

"Dean, look, I think we might have something here -- something that could help us, help humanity. Henry certainly thought so. I mean, you know damn well we could use a break. What if we finally got one? Are you gonna take off the dead guy robe?"

+++

"Hey!" Dean greets, walking into the bunker.

"Hey. So... how's Kevin doing?" Sam asks.