044. teen hunters

Dean parks in a parking spot outside of the Sheriff Station.

"So, what are we looking at again?" Sam asks. Dean grabs the newspaper and gives it to Sam who reads it. ""Two young women found near the freeway with their throats ripped out.""

"Sounds vampy to me." Dean says.

"Yeah, maybe." Sam says.

"Listen, if you want to take a knee on this one, if you're not feeling up to it..." Dean says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"You know, the trials, what Cas said, that you got what he can't cure." Dean reminds.

"Hmm, which means what, exactly?"

"Well, I don't know. You tell me. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you okay?"

"Me?"

"Yeah. Um, Cas dinged you up pretty good."

"And?"

"And I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

"What, like my feelings?"

"If that's what you want to talk about, sure."

"Okay." Dean says after a few silent moments. "I'll tell you what. Why don't I go get some, uh, herbal tea."

"Okay."

"And you can find some Cowboy Junkies on the dial."

"Eat me, Dean." Sam gets out of the Impala.

"And you know what? We'll just talk it out." Dean says as Sam slams the door shut. "Good talk." He says.

"We'll stay here." Miranda calls out.

"Mommy, Wyatt pinched me." Carly tattles.

"I did not!" Wyatt argues.

Miranda lets out a heavy sigh as the two argue.

~ ~ ~

"Well, maybe he doesn't know she's doing this." Sam says as he and Dean walk to the Impala.

"What? Sneaking out in the middle of the night to go hunt monsters with the Apple Dumpling Gang? Is that what kids are doing for kicks these days?" Dean asks as they get in the car.

"What the hell are you two talking about?" Miranda questions.

"Krissy Chambers and a couple of other kids are hunting." Sam informs.

"So?" Miranda asks.

"So, they're kids." Sam says. "Maybe her dad knows and he's helping her out." He tells Dean.

"What, get caught on candid camera? Let's just go find her before she gets into any more trouble." Dean says.

+++

The trio of teens ended up killing a vamp with Sam and Dean there. They get to a house that the teens apparently live at with a guy named Victor and they make their way inside. Miranda is holding Serena who is asleep and Sam is holding Wyatt and holding onto Carly's hand.

"Huh." Dean hums, looking around.

"What's wrong?" Krissy asks.

"It's just not what I expected." Dean says.

"And what was that?" Krissy asks.

"A little more Lord of the Flies, less Huxtables." Dean says.

"Sorry to disappoint." A man walks down the stairs and over to them. "Victor Rogers."

"We met -- a rugaru hunt in Washington." Sam says, shaking the man's hand. "I'm Sam. This is Dean. And Miranda. Uh, our-- our kids, Carly, Wyatt, and Serena.