053. breaking promises

Miranda walks into the kitchen with the kids, finding Sam asleep at the table. She frowns, knowing he slept plenty last night, not sure why he would be asleep already.

Carly goes to tap her dad, but Miranda quickly grabs her arm.

"No, let him sleep." Miranda quietly says.

"Why is he sleeping?" Carly asks.

"I don't know. Guess he's just really tired." Miranda says. "You can have his cereal."

"It's probably all soggy." Carly grimaces.

"Okay, fine, I'll give it to your brother. Boys eat anything." Miranda mutters, grabbing the bowl of soggy cereal and putting it in front of Wyatt who grins.

Carly and Serena both sit at the table and Miranda grabs some cereal bowls to pour them the food and fill Wyatt's bowl a bit up. She goes over to the counter, eating her own breakfast there.

Carly's eyes light up when she spots a sharpie at the end of the table. She reaches over her sister to grab it and quietly pulls the cap off.

Dean walks in and gets some coffee before grabbing a bowl.

Carly, with a grin on her face, gets the marker a few inches from Sam's face, her eyes twinkling with mischief and joy.

Dean drops the bowl on the table making Sam jump awake. Carly straightens up, quickly placing the marker in her lap, hurriedly putting the cap back on it.

"Dean." Miranda glares at him, the man just shrugging and giving her a clueless look.

"Hey." Dean says.

"Hey." Sam says.

"You okay?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Uh... yeah. Just, uh... resting my head for a second." Sam says. "Um, how's Kevin? He, uh-- he find anything?"

"Uh, jack." Dean answers. "On about four days no sleep. He looks worse than you."

"Huh. What about Crowley? Um, do you think he might be lying about the whole, uh, "Metatron's spell being irreversible" thing?" Sam asks.

"Oh, Crowley lie?" Dean remarks while getting himself some cereal. "I do know one thing. Next time that junkie's jonesing for a hit of blood, we got leverage." Sam loudly yawns. "Seriously, you want a pillow?"

"No, I'm fine." Sam says.

"You're sick." Dean says. Miranda grabs a bowl and fills it with cereal and milk before grabbing a spoon.

"No, I'm not sick. I'm just, um... I feel like my battery can't recharge." Sam says. Miranda puts the new bowl of cereal in front of him and kisses him on the forehead. "Thanks." He mumbles.

"Mm-hmm." She hums, gently squeezing his arm.

Dean's phone rings and he takes it out and answers it.

"Hello?" He asks. "Sheriff Mills. Hang on. Sam and Miranda are here, too." He puts the phone on speaker.

"Hey, Jody." Sam greets.

"Hey." Miranda calls out.

"Hey, guys." Jody greets. "Uh... I got a bit of an oddball to pitch your direction."

"Shoot." Dean says.

"A small town I cover outside of Sioux Falls -- only crime to speak of being the occasional cow tipping. Then last week... four people go missing." Jody says.

"All right, so, what makes you think this is our kind of weird?" Dean asks.

"I've got a witness who says he saw someone lift an SUV to nab a girl last night." Jody says.