038. larping

"You okay, man?" Dean asks his brother.

"We have the most powerful weapon we've ever had against demons and we can't find a way to use it." Sam says.

"Yeah, well, Kevin's on it. And when he finds something, he'll call. So we wait. Look, we've had a rough go over these past couple of weeks. And, uh... I know what you gave up wasn't easy. Maybe we ought to take the night off. Go see a flick, hit a bar or two, have some fun. You remember fun, don't you, Sammy?"

"Kevin, what do you got?" Sam asks after answering his phone. "Garth. Hey." Sam greets. "Really? Okay. Uh, yeah. Thanks, man." He says. "Oh, wait, hey-- hey, Garth. Garth, are you there?" He asks. "How'd you know where we are?"

"Look, it's bad enough that you're tracking us, but it's even worse when you say we've been "Garthed."" Sam says making Miranda snort. "Yeah." Sam hangs up. "Okay, we got to lose the GPS on our phones because Garth has been tracking us, and other hunters, apparently, to assign cases."

"Smart. A total Bobby move." Dean says. "What's the deal?"

"Uh, well, it's close -- Farmington Hills, Michigan. Dude got ripped limb from limb inside his locked apartment." Sam says.

"That's not good." Dean says.

"Working a case. As long we're waiting on Kevin, that'll be our fun." Sam says.

"Think you need to read the definition of "fun," Sammy." Miranda comments.

+++

After the brothers talked to a guy at the police station and got a little more caught up on the case, they also looked into where the guy they talked to does LARPing.

They saw a video about it, seeing Charlie Bradbury in it.

They all get to Moondoor Camp and walk around, everybody dressed in costumes and weapon props. They walk up to where a guy is in a stock.

"I, Boltar the Furious, bind you to this stock so that all of Moondoor may see you for what you are -- a thief." The guy says to the one trapped.

"My Shadow Orc brethren will descend from the Black Hills and the tents of Mo--" The orc's fake teeth fall out.

"Uh, hold." Boltar says. He picks the fake teeth up and brushes them off.

"Thanks, Gerry. Sorry." The orc says.

"Yeah, no problem, Monty." Gerry says. He puts the fake teeth back in Monty's mouth and he gives Gerry a thumbs up. "Resume."

"And the tents of Moondoor will be bathed in blood as we unseat the queen of the Moons from the throne she stole from the rightful heir -- the Shadow King. And you--"

"Silentium!" Gerry throws a red beanbag at Monty, hitting him in the face. "Serve your time with honor, heathen. And if you need to use the chamber pot, stomp your feet thrice." Gerry walks away.

"Excuse me. Hi." Dean says, following Gerry, stopping him. "Uh, you are a LARPer, yeah?"

"I prefer the term "interactive literaturist."" Gerry says.

"Right. Uh, I am Special Agent Rosewood. This is Special Agent Taggart and Special Agent Bogomil." The three hold their badges up.

"Hold!" Gerry calls. "Um, guys, we're not doing the whole genre mash up thing this weekend. We only do that every third month."

"The..." Dean says.

"Come again?" Sam asks.

"Your fake badges, the cheap suits. It's very cool. I get it. Your characters are FBI agents that somehow traveled to Moondoor, but I'm telling you it's just-- it's straight up Moondoor this weekend. Plus, no kids."