041. trials

Sam walks into his and Miranda's room, seeing the differences as she's added personal touches to it.

"Oh, come on. You and Dean?" Sam whines.

"Hey. We're living here now. I am making it homey." Miranda states.

"We're working here." Sam says.

"Well, I-- I don't know. I mean, we slept in that bed last night. That... means living here." Miranda says. "At the very least, spending the night."

"Whatever." Sam mumbles.

"Oh, come on, Sammy. We can be domestic and still hunt. Just because it was either hunting or homes doesn't mean we can't have both now." Miranda says. "The kids are finally sleeping in their own rooms. Well, Carly is, toddlers are still sharing."

"Or climbing in here with us." Sam says.

"Yeah. But Carly is super excited to decorate her own room." Miranda says. "I promised I'd take her shopping later." Sam gives her a look. "What? Don't you want our daughter to be filled with joy?"

"Guess it's better than her threatening to karate chop everybody in the neck." Sam mutters.

"Oh, no, she'll still do that. I-- I think that also gives her joy." Miranda says.

"We're in trouble when she grows up." Sam says.

"Well... there's always the other two." Miranda says.

+++

Sam, Miranda, and the kids are in the library and Sam is going through the multiple books on the table. Miranda is eating pasta while the kids are playing.

"What are you reading?" Dean asks as he walks in with two plates.

"Sort of, uh, everything." Sam says.

"Oh, good. Somebody's gonna have to dig through all this, and it ain't gonna be me." Dean says, putting a burger down in front of Sam.

"You made these?" Sam asks.

"We have a real kitchen." Dean says.

"I-I just didn't think you knew what a kitchen was." Sam jokes.

"I'm nesting, okay? Eat." Dean orders.

Sam takes a bite of the burger while Dean watches with a smile.

"Huh? Yeah." Dean nods.

"Wow." Sam says, his mouth full of food.

"You're welcome." Dean says. He goes to take a bite of his burger, but his phone rings. He sighs and puts the burger down, pulling his phone out and answering it.

"Yo. What? Kevin? Kevin?!" Dean pulls his phone away.

"Something wrong?" Sam asks.

"Guess." Dean says, walking out.

"Okay, uh--" Sam starts, grabbing his burger.

"But mommy promised she'd take me shopping." Carly pouts.

"It could be dangerous and I promised her. We'll stay back." Miranda says.

"Okay." Sam gives her a quick kiss before rushing out.

+++

"Trials?" Miranda asks.

"Yeah." Sam says. "Yeah, uh, Kevin said it's kind of like a Hercules thing. You know, those kind of trials, not... not trials like... you know, Law & Order."

"Oh, damn. My pre-law baby can't put his lawyer powers to use." Miranda pouts.

"Hilarious." Sam says.