028. purgatory

They still haven't been able to find Cas and spend most of their time looking for him, next to fighting and killing monsters they come across.

Miranda wishes she was anywhere else, or at least here with somebody else. Every day, she also has to fight the urge to kill Dean.

They're currently chasing a vampire. They came to a halt, listening for anything. They hear rustling, their heads shooting in the direction it came from.

They take off in that direction. Dean stands behind the vampire. The vamp turns and Dean attacks him, the two fighting. Dean pins the vamp against a tree with the machete to his throat. The vamp bares his fangs.

"Take a breath. Calm down." Dean says. The vamp pants, out of breath from running, his fangs disappearing. "Where's the angel?"

"You're him." The vamp smirks. "The human. And the other human." He glances at Miranda.

"Where's the angel?" Dean harshly repeats his question.

"I don't know." The vamp states. Dean hums, a smirk gracing his face. He loses the smirk, stabbing the blade into the vamp's arm making him scream and snarl.

Dean picks up his handmade weapon and beheads the vamp. Suddenly, Dean is attacked and thrown to the ground, a vampire holding him down.

Miranda attacks the vamp, but it easily gets the upper hand and pins her to the ground. Before he can kill her, his head is chopped off.

Miranda scrambles to her feet, grabbing her weapon, staring at the unknown man with caution. Dean gets his weapon and stands up. The man, a vampire, bares his fangs for a moment before they descend back into his gums.

"What? No thanks for helping y'all out?" The vamp asks.

"Sure. I won't shove this up your ass." Dean says, holding his weapon up.

"Awful strange way to punch your meal ticket, friend." The vamp says. They circle each other. "I got something you guys need."

"Yeah, what's that?" Dean asks.

"A way out." The vamp says making Dean chuckle.

"Even a dental apocalypse like you knows there's no such thing." Dean says.

"There is if you're human." The vamp says. "God has made it so. At least, that's the rumor."

"Bullshit." Dean says.

"Suit yourself. Maybe you've gone native. Maybe you like being man meat for every Tom, Dick, and Harry." He chuckles as they stop walking, still standing across from each other.

"Prove it." Dean says.

"Nah. You're either in or you're out."

"So you just want to guide us out of Purgatory out of the goodness of your undead heart?"

"More or less."

"What's in it for you?"

"I'm hopping a ride."

"What?"

"It's a human portal, jackass. Only humans can pass through. I show you the door, you hump my soul to the other side."

"So you're looking for a soul train."

"Sure. If that's what you're into."

"And how do I know this isn't a set up? How do I know neither of us ain't gonna end up like your friend over there?"

"He wasn't my friend. Now, you and your friend are. First rule of Purgatory, kids. You can't trust nobody."

"You just asked us to trust you."