060. fed up miranda

They get out of the Impala outside of a building.

"This is the address?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods, picking Serena up. They go to the door and go to knock on it when it opens, an angel standing there.

"If you'll follow me, the commander will see you now." Benjamin states.

"The commander?" Dean scoffs. Benjamin leads them through the command center.

"Sir." Benjamin calls to Cas who turns, seeing the group.

Cas hugs Dean and then Sam. He goes to hug Miranda who wraps her arms around Carly's chest, stepping back.

"Pass." The blonde says, giving the angel a weird look.

"Um... dismissed." Cas tells Benjamin who leaves. "He can be a little stuffy."

"So... commander?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, not my idea. They had no leader, and they insisted on following me." Cas says.

"Yeah. No, we get it. You're a rock star." Dean says.

"Bartholomew is dead. Malachi was murdered by Gadreel, and with Metatron as powerful as he is now, I needed to do something." Cas says.

"So this war between angels is really gonna happen, huh?" Sam asks.

"Not if I can find a diplomatic option for getting rid of Metatron." Cas says.

"Good luck with that." Dean says.

"Dean, this angel on angel violence -- it has to end. Someone has to say "enough."" Cas states.

"And that someone is you?" Sam asks.

"That brings me to why you're here. We have a prisoner. It's an angel from Metatron's inner circle. I need to know what they're planning, but so far, he's revealed nothing." Cas says.

"So, you're done with the rough stuff, and you want us to be your goons?" Dean asks.

"Well, you've had success at these situations before. If you don't want to do it, I understand." Cas says.

"Who says I don't want to do it?" Dean asks.

+++

"It's unbelievable. I mean, he was fine when we left him." Sam says. They're in Cas' office, somebody having killed the guy the brothers had to interrogate earlier.

"I barely touched the guy." Dean says.

"Still shackled, no weapon. It wasn't suicide." Sam says.

"No. This was an angel kill." Cas says.

"Okay. Well, I'm gonna say it. Maybe your operation's been hacked. You know, Metatron's got somebody on the inside." Dean says.

"I was sure everyone here was loyal. Finally united by a common cause." Cas says.

"Well, that's the problem. See, you don't think anybody's lying. I think everybody's lying. It's a gift." Dean says. "Let's do some nosin' around." Dean walks out.

Sam, Miranda, and the kids start to leave, the kids getting out of the office.

"Sam." Cas stops him, Miranda staying back as well. "You have a moment?"

"Yeah. What?" Sam asks.

"I wanted to ask you about Gadreel, the time he possessed you." Cas says.

"It's not really something I like to--"

"Sam, please."

"Sam, no." Miranda says. "If-- if he doesn't wanna talk about it, you can't make him, he owes you jackshit." She tells Cas.