050. kevin solo

They're in the bunker and the power had gone out, the door locking. Miranda couldn't find anything to open the door, figuring it was locked from the outside.

The door opens and Kevin shoots an arrow, only hitting the railing.

"The hell?" Dean questions.

Kevin stands up from behind the barricade of books and a flipped over table he made and he's holding a crossbow.

"Dean? You're alive!" Kevin exclaims.

"Yeah, cause you're a shitty shot, Katniss." Dean remarks, taking the arrow out of the railing.

"Sorry. It's been a bad couple of days. I haven't slept or eaten, I... I'm pretty backed up." Kevin says.

"Gross." Miranda whispers.

"Okay, overshare." Dean says.

"Backed up with what?" Carly asks.

"After we talked, this place went nuts. Th-there was some alarm and all the machines were freaking out, and the bunker just locked down. I couldn't open the door, my cell phone stopped working, I thought the world was ending!"

"Close. The angels fell." Dean informs.

"What does that mean?" Kevin asks.

"Nothing good." Dean says. He takes the crossbow. "Listen, next time the world's ending, grab a gun."

"Why? So you can have a bullet in the railing this time?" Carly remarks.

"Okay, fuck the angels. Where's Sam?" Miranda asks.

"He's fine. He-- he's outside, still getting out of the car. Be inside in a bit." Dean says making Miranda relax. "I got service." Kevin flips a switch and the lights turn on and they can hear the mechanics whirring up.

"It's back online. Maybe when you opened the door from the outside, it reset the system." Kevin says.

"Yeah, okay, let's go with that." Dean says.

The door opens.

"Hey. We all good?" Sam asks.

"Is it ever. Come on." Dean says.

Miranda watches Sam lead Crowley down the stairs, her arm wrapping around Carly. The brothers lead Crowley off to the dungeon. Miranda glances at Kevin, wincing.

~ ~ ~

"What's Crowley doing here?! Why isn't he dead?! Why aren't you stabbing him right now?!" Kevin yells.

"Alright, alright, chill out, Kevin, okay?" Dean tells him. "We need him."

"What?!" Kevin exclaims.

"Kevin, look... if we can get Crowley to give us the name of every demon he's got topside, we can hunt them down. All of 'em." Sam says.

"He will break, okay? When he does, we'll hold him down while you knife him. Then we all go out for ice cream and strippers." Dean says. "Well, not all." He says, motioning over to Miranda and the kids.

"Just stay away from him, alright?" Sam tells the young man.

"So now what?" Kevin asks.

"I gotta make some phone calls. You need to hit the angel tablet, see if you can find anything on the spell that Metatron used to empty out Heaven." Dean says.

"Yeah, maybe we can reverse it before the God Squad does too much damage." Sam says.

"Yeah, if we're lucky. All right, check the net for anything angel-y." Dean says.