064. claire and metatron

"This is why you called us? This is your emergency?" Dean asks Cas.

"Yes." Cas answers.

"No, Cas. An emergency is a dead body, okay? Or-- or a wigged out angel or the apocalypse take three. Some chick bolting on you is not an emergency. That's... that's every Friday night for Sam."

"Dude." Sam says.

"Well." Dean says.

"That joke doesn't even work. I'm with him every Friday night. Every single night, seven days a week." Miranda says.

"This isn't just some chick." Cas states. "I'm responsible for her."

"Since when? You met her once, how many years ago?" Dean asks.

"Look, Cas, even if we do find Claire... then what?" Sam asks.

"She rolled you, and then she ran, okay? It's pretty clear that she doesn't want to play house." Dean says.

"I understand. But I need to know that Claire is safe. And I need your help." Cas says.

"All right. Uh... why don't we go ask around at the group home?" Sam suggests.

"Uh, you know what? We're going to stick here in case she circles back. You two go ahead." Dean says. He gives Sam the keys.

"Thank you." Cas tells them.

+++

Sam, Cas, Miranda, and the kids are waiting outside the Weiner Hut for Dustin.

"Dustin Tate?" Sam asks an approaching employee.

"Nah, man." He denies.

"Oh, really?" Sam asks.

Sam stops him and Cas walks up, grabbing the back of his jacket.

"Yes you are." Cas says. He pushes Dustin against the wall. "And you're going to tell me where Claire Novak is." He wraps his hand around Dustin's neck, lifting him off the ground. "Now."

Dean walks up, eating a hot dog.

"I'd do what he says." Dean says with his mouth full. Sam gives Dean a look and Dean points back at the Weiner Hut then gives a thumbs up.

+++

They're waiting in the alley of the convenience store. The kids are in the backseat of the Impala and all asleep.

"Claire, wait!" Cas calls.

"Screw you." Claire bites.

"Whoa, hey, Miley Cyrus. Settle." Dean says.

"Eat me, Hasselhoff." Claire fires back.

"Claire, hold on a second. Look, my name's--"

"Sam. And you're Dean and you're Miranda. We've met, remember?"

"Claire. You were going to rob that convenience store." Cas says.

"So?" Claire asks.

"So? So... it's-- it's wrong." Cas says.

"You want to talk to me about wrong? You killed my dad. Is that wrong enough for you?" Claire asks.

"No, I didn't."

"Really? Because without you, he'd still be here. And my mom would still be around."

"Claire, I'm--" Cas takes a step closer, but Claire points the gun at him.

"Don't!"

"That won't hurt me."

"Fine." Claire aims the gun at the three hunters.