051. oz

While Sam and Dean had went to find Cas, Miranda stayed back at the bunker with the kids, not totally caring about the angel's whereabouts.

Cas did get killed, but Dean just told everybody that he made a deal with the reaper who killed him saying that if she brought Cas back he wouldn't kill her. Cas got brought back and the reaper got killed, nobody but Dean knowing what actually happened.

"You know, you never answered my question. How did you know where to find Cas?" Sam asks.

"I told you. I went through Maurice's pockets. I found an address and took a shot." Dean says.

"I never saw you go through Maurice's pockets." Sam says, handing out burritos to his kids and wife.

"What are you talking about? I don't see half of the nerdy stuff that you do. It doesn't mean that you don't do nerdy stuff." Dean says.

"I am really enjoying this place." Cas says, walking in. Sam unwraps the foil around Serena's burrito, the girl quickly picking up the food and taking as large a bite as she can. "Plentiful food. Good water pressure. Things I never even considered before. There really is a lot to being human, isn't there?"

"It ain't all just burritos and strippers, my friend." Dean says.

"Yeah. I understand what you're saying." Cas says.

"You do?" Sam asks.

"Yes, there's more to humanity than survival. You... look for purpose, and you must not be defeated by anger or despair. Or hedonism, for that matter." Cas says.

"Where does hedonism come into it?" Dean asks.

"Well, my time with April was very educational." Cas says.

"Yeah. I mean, I would think that getting killed is something." Sam says.

"Depends. What have you learned?" Miranda questions.

"Ah-ha-ha-ha." Sam fake laughs at her, Miranda letting out a quiet laugh.

"And having sex." Cas states. Dean chokes on his burrito and Miranda chokes on her drink.

"You had sex with April?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, that would be where the hedonism comes in." Sam says, him and Cas awkwardly nodding at each other.

"So... did you have protection?" Dean asks.

"I had my angel blade." Cas says. Miranda chokes on her burrito, breaking into a coughing fit.

"Oh-- oh, he had the angel blade." Dean says.

"Isn't that good?" Carly frowns in confusion.

"Um..." Sam mumbles, looking at Miranda, panic in his eyes, Miranda returning the look.

"Uh... let's go wash our hands." Miranda says, getting up.

"Why?" Carly asks.

"Cause we're gonna eat. We need clean hands to eat burritos." Miranda says.

"But we already started eating them." Carly frowns.

"You can never be too clean." Miranda says, dragging her children out.

+++

Sam is sitting at the map table and has Serena on his lap while he works. Miranda is sitting across from him and helping Carly with science. Wyatt is sitting on the floor and playing with toy trains.

"Hey. How'd it go with Kevin?" Sam asks.

"Oh, that little nerd is in a lovely warded hotel room in Branson. He's got about 48 hours of pay-per-porn and Kenny Rogers ahead of him." Dean says.