020. dean's kid

It's been a week and a half since Serena was born, the family still not getting out much aside from walks that Sam and Miranda take the kids on to get them some sun.

Currently, Dean is standing at the wall of research while Miranda rocks Wyatt to try to get him to fall asleep, the boy not getting much last night. Sam walks in and puts duffel bags on the table.

"Dean, you know, um... I wonder if-- if we-- I mean, should we be telling people? I mean, people he knew." Sam says.

"How long ago did I give Frank these numbers? It's been a few weeks, right? What, is he nuts or is he just being rude?" Dean asks.

"Probably both. Dean, I-I got to ask you a question." Sam says.

"Unless, of course, something happened to him. He can't get to the phone because a leviathan ate his face." Dean says.

"Yeah, also a possibility." Sam says.

"We should go check on him." Dean says.

"Dean, do you want to call Bobby's people or not?"

"W-why is-- why is that our job?" Dean asks.

"Because who else is gonna do it?" Sam asks.

"I'm not calling anybody. If you want to, you go right ahead." Dean says.

"I don't want to call anybody. You kidding me?" Sam scoffs.

A phone from one of the bags rings.

"Well, I'm not getting it." Dean says.

Wyatt stirs in his mom's arms, the blonde gently shushing him and combing through his hair.

Sam finds the phone and answers it.

"Hello?" He asks. "Uh, oh. He's, uh... i-i-it's not, but I'm a friend of his." Sam says. "He's... not here, but, look, if you need s--"

"Who was it?" Dean asks.

"Just some kid." Sam says.

"For Bobby? Girl Scout cookies?" Dean asks.

"I think maybe... maybe a-a hunter's kid? I mean, she sounded pretty scared. You know, I have caller ID. Maybe we should go find her. We-- we can go check on her." Sam says.

"What about Frank?" Dean asks.

"Well, Dean, I think we should go find this girl first." Sam says.

"Sam, Frank's been working on the numbers that Bobby spent his last breath on, and you want to back burner that?"

"Fine. You go check out Girl Scout. I'll find Frank."

"Fine. But you know what? On one condition, if Frank is just spinning his wheels, then you bail out on crazy and come meet me."

"And thanks for drinking my entire beer." Dean says.

"I didn't touch your beer. Mine's right there." Sam points to the kitchen table. Dean looks at Miranda.

"I can't drink beer right now, idiot." Miranda says.

"You probably drank it without noticing." Sam says.

"Right." Dean mumbles.

"You go ahead. I'll stay here." Miranda says.

"Wha-- are-- are you sure?" Sam frowns.

"Yeah. The kids don't need to deal with everything and I'm not really in the mood to take a one and a half week old on a road trip." She says. "Go ahead."

"Okay. Just-- call me." Sam tells her. "You know, for-- for anything."

"I will. Go." Miranda tells him.