046. grounded

"No!" Serena smacks her brother when he tries to take her snack.

"Mommy!" Wyatt whines.

"You have to ask before you take any food." Miranda tells him. "You can't just take stuff off somebody else's plate, baby."

"Mommy!" Carly calls, running in. "Daddy's still asleep."

"Yeah, let him sleep, baby." Miranda tells her.

"But he said he was gonna let me braid his hair." Carly whines.

"Well... practice on your siblings." Miranda says.

"His hair isn't long enough and she never sits still." Carly pouts.

"Look, if he feels up to it whenever he wakes up, you can do it later still." Miranda says. "Think of it this way -- no school."

"No school is always a good thing." Dean states, walking in and putting groceries on the table. He grabs a beer and opens it. They all hear noise and look over, Sam walking in. His hair a mess and he looks extremely tired despite having been asleep for so long.

"Y-- man, I'm telling you, give me five minutes with some clippers, and..." Dean says. Miranda smacks him over the head making Serena and Wyatt both giggle.

"Oh, shut up." Sam tells his brother. "Uh, what time did I lay down?"

"You took a siesta around noon. Yesterday." Dean says. He grabs a beer and tosses it to Sam, but the younger one fails to catch it, the bottle crashing to the floor.

"I'm sorry. I, uh..." Sam says.

"That's why we don't have nice things, Sam." Dean says as Sam stumbles.

"You all right?" Miranda asks.

"Yeah, I'm-- I'm fine. I just--" Sam leans against the table. "Uh, you know what, I'm gonna get dressed. We should go find Kevin."

"Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Easy, Sleeping Beauty." Dean tells him. "Look, man, I've hacked into every security camera around Garth's houseboat, Kevin's hometown, where Ms. Tran lived..."

"And?"

"Well, nothing so far."

"Dean, we have to find him."

"I know. I know, but Garth is out looking for him, we got a hunter APB out on Kevin, we will do what we can from here while you get better."

"I-- I'm fine. I can still go out there. I can still hunt." Sam says.

"Really?" Dean asks.

Miranda and the kids stay back while the brothers go to the shooting gallery. They get back after a bit.

"Can I braid your hair?" Carly asks her dad.

"I-- maybe later, honey." Sam says. Carly huffs, slouching in her seat.

The laptop dings and Sam goes over to it.

"It's from Charlie." He says, sitting down. ""In the neighborhood, found you guys a case." Found us a case?"

"In the neighborhood? How the hell does she know where we are?" Dean asks.

"Uh, well, she doesn't. Not exactly, at least. It says she tracked our cells to a 20 mile radius then the signal went out." Sam says. "Huh. This place must be in some kinda, like, Bermuda Triangle."

"What, are you saying we can make and receive phone calls from here and nobody can track us? Man, I love this place."

+++

They're leaning against the Impala outside of the bunker as they wait for Charlie. Miranda is holding Serena while Wyatt and Carly are both inside, the boy taking a nap.