030. happy again

Sam walks into Rufus' cabin and walks inside a bit. The three kids follow him in, Carly helping Serena waddle in, the youngest determined to walk all the time now since she learned a few weeks ago.

Sam is suddenly tackled to the floor making his kids scream while Dean douses his little brother with holy water.

"What the--? I'm not a demon." Sam says.

Dean splashes the kids in holy water causing Serena to burst into tears.

"Dean!" Carly whines.

Dean pours borax over Sam.

"Or a leviathan. What--" Sam's cut off as Dean slices his arm with a knife making Sam hiss in pain.

"Or a shifter. Good." Dean stands up. He turns to the kids with the knife in Borax.

"No. No! No!" Sam stops him. "No weapons or chemicals near the kids."

Carly manages to get Serena to calm down, the younger one latching onto the six year old.

"My turn. Come on. Let's go." Dean holds the holy water and borax out to Sam.

"I don't need to. I know it's you." Sam says.

"Damn it, Sammy!" Dean splashes holy water and then borax on himself. He holds the knife out to Sam who is standing up again. "Come on!"

"No! Dean, can I just say hello?" Sam asks. Dean rolls his sleeve up and cuts his arm.

"All right." Dean smiles. "Well... let's do this."

"I don't know whether to give you a hug or take a shower." Sam chuckles.

"Come here." Dean pulls him into a hug.

"Dean, what the fuck is your prob--" Miranda stops when she spots her four family members.

"Randi." Sam mumbles.

"Mommy!" Carly screams, racing to the blonde.

"Carly!" Miranda grins, easily managing to pick the six year old up. "Hi, baby." She covers her oldest in kisses causing the blonde to giggle.

"Mama!" Wyatt runs over to her.

"Hi, baby." Miranda crouches down, her son crashing into her. "Hi. Hey." She kisses him. "Oh, I love you two so, so, so much."

Serena wobbles over, not having much memory of her mother, though she recognizes the woman from all the pictures her dad and sister show her.

"Oh, my God." Miranda whispers, seeing her youngest so much older than the last time. "Oh, you're walking." She sniffles, letting out a laugh that's bittersweet. "Hi, baby."

Miranda knows that Serena probably doesn't really remember her, simply just holding her hands out to the brunette instead of immediately engulfing her in a hug.

Serena rests her tiny hands in her mother's, Miranda softly rubbing the back of her hands.

"Hey, baby. I'm your mommy. It's been a while, huh?" Serena says, keeping her voice soft, feeling her heart swell at the sight of her daughter, but completely break at the same time, understanding how much she missed.

Serena stares at her mother as if she's inspecting her and gently places one hand on the woman's face. Serena softly giggles, squishing her mom's cheeks causing her to laugh.

"Hi, baby." Miranda kisses her daughter's hand, the one year old squealing.

Miranda looks up at footsteps and slowly stands up, turning to Sam.

"Hi." She quietly greets, looking into his teary eyes.

Sam can't help it and pulls her into a tight hug. Miranda grimaces, knowing he has borax all over him, but she still doesn't care, just glad to be able to hug him after a year.