Billionaire's Second Chance A...

De ditikoshy

*๐–๐€๐“๐“๐๐€๐ƒ ๐…๐„๐€๐“๐”๐‘๐„๐ƒ* After a short-lived marriage with the cold and arrogant billionaire Ronin L... Mais

Copyright & Stuff
[ ๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐Ž๐๐„ ]
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
[ ๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐“๐–๐Ž ]
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
[ ๐’๐„๐€๐’๐Ž๐ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„ ]
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eight One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eight Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty Six
Chapter Eighty Seven
Chapter Eighty Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter Hundred
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118

Chapter Thirty-Five

1.2K 58 12
De ditikoshy

Carmen pushed her food around on her plate, her appetite vanishing into thin air as she sat across from Ronin's grandfather. It was hard for her to forget that he was the same man who had once pleaded with her to walk down the aisle, all in the name of preserving his family's reputation.

What a huge disaster it had been!

Back then, Carmen had been naive enough to fall for their manipulation, allowing herself to be burdened with guilt even though she had done nothing wrong. But that was the consequence of her vulnerability, of wearing her heart on her sleeve.

Now, she was wiser and stronger than before. Or at least, that's what she told herself. She knew better than to be swayed by kindness that only led her deeper into trouble.

She might not be aware of this man's intention of being in her town, but she wasn't about to convince herself with false hopes that he wasn't here for what was apparently so obvious to her. She was going to assume the worst, and the worst was enough to put her more and more on edge every passing second.

The upscale restaurant oozed an air of elegance and refinement. Soft jazz melodies wafted through the air, blending with the symphony of clinking silverware and gentle conversations stemming from the surrounding tables.

Edgar Logan, now nearing the twilight of his life, had meticulously chosen a rooftop location that provided a breathtaking view of the town's most prestigious streets. The panoramic view showcased a tapestry of shimmering city lights and bustling activity below. The flickering glow of street lamps painted a golden aura upon the bustling thoroughfares.

Despite the passage of time, there was a timeless charisma about Edgar. His distinguished presence commanded attention, with a subtle strength that had stood the test of time. His voice, once gruff and commanding, had softened over the years, carrying a touch of wisdom and gentleness in its timbre.

Deep lines and wrinkles traced the contours of a life well-lived, each crease telling a story of conquests and hardships endured. Crow's feet danced at the corners of his eyes, evidence of countless smiles and moments of joy etched into his memory. His posture had also relaxed, his shoulders slightly slouched, and on occasion, she noticed a slight tremor in his hands. Yet, he seemed in peace by these changes, as if he had embraced and accepted them as part of his journey.

Before hopping into the car with Edgar, Carmen made sure to give her dad a heads-up about the latest developments. He wasn't exactly thrilled and insisted on tagging along. The concern in his voice didn't go unnoticed, and surprisingly, it tugged at her heartstrings.

But Carmen knew she had to start taking charge of her own life. Lessons from the past had taught her not to rely on others when it came to tough situations. She had to forge her own path and stay true to herself because, at the end of the day, her happiness was her own responsibility and no one else.

"It's been a long time I have been to Ashville," Edgar spoke, as he wiped his mouth with the napkin and put it back on the table.

Carmen was glad for the conversation, the silence had started to make her nervous. "You did?"

"Oh, absolutely. I came with my wife—Ronin's grandmother, Celine. It was for her friend's daughter's wedding, if I recall correctly. It had been raining that morning, and Celine was fretting about the bride's dress. She couldn't stand messiness, you know," he chuckled softly, his gaze becoming distant as if transported back in time. "When we arrived at the venue, her friend was livid with the manager. The outdoor area they had reserved was completely waterlogged, and there was no way to fix it in time, despite all the efforts."

"The bride must have been devastated," Carmen guessed, her head tipping to the side, as if invested in the story.

Edgar's smile widened, a genuine warmth in his eyes as he looked at Carmen. "That's what we thought too. But believe it or not, we had never seen a bride more radiant and joyful than her."

Carmen leaned forward, captivated by his words.

"There was something so enchanting about her," Edgar continued, his voice filled with wonder. "Despite the unexpected setback, she embraced the situation with grace and resilience. She didn't let a little rain dampen her spirits. In fact, she turned it into an opportunity for spontaneity and adventure."

"What did she do?"

Edgar chuckled, his face lighting up with fondness. "She kicked off her shoes and led the whole wedding party into the rain-soaked grass. They danced and twirled, their laughter echoing through the air. It was as if the rain had transformed into a blessing, showering them with joy and unforgettable memories."

Carmen's imagination painted a vivid picture of that magical moment. She could almost feel the cool droplets on her skin and hear the infectious laughter in the air.

"That bride taught us a valuable lesson," Edgar continued, his voice tinged with wisdom. "Life doesn't always go as planned, Carmen. There will be challenges on the way, and people who take joy in seeing your fall. But it's how we respond to those moments that truly define us."

It dawned on Carmen a little late that Edgar might not be telling her the incident just to spark a conversation. No, this man was onto something. There was a vague outline in his words of what he was here for.

"No one understands the surprises life can throw at you better than me."

Edgar didn't resist her observation. "I agree."

"And I know you believe if I had just tried harder, things would be different now."

"That's not what I believe, Carmen."

Confusion flickered across Carmen's face, her brows furrowing. "Then why are we here? If not to imply that I could have changed the circumstances if I had tried harder?"

Edgar smiled. "I'm here because it was me who dragged you into this mess in the first place. If it weren't for my insistence you won't be so unhappy."

"I'm not unhappy."

"Is that really true?" He arched a brow.

Carmen pursed her lips and looked away, reasons beginning to abandon her. She couldn't tell if it were because he was telling the truth or if she simply lacked the strength to fight back, against him or anyone else.

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and shook her head, her fingers idly toying with the napkin on her lap. "I just know that I don't care anymore. What's done is done, and dwelling on the past won't change a thing. I have my entire future ahead of me, and I'd rather focus on that than allow myself to be consumed by the regrets and poor choices that brought us all to this point in our lives."

Edgar looked at Carmen in a way that made her think maybe he didn't quite believe her. But as she waited for him to try and prove her wrong, he leaned forward and kept a shaky hand over hers, his warm touch melting her resolve a little.

"I didn't come here to remind you of the past, Carmen. I came here to make things right."

Bewilderment grasped Carmen by the nape, her brows furrowing as she searched for understanding amidst the jumble of thoughts. "Make things right? How?"

A mischievous glimmer sparkled in Edgar's eyes as he smiled. "You'll see. I believe a person can only truly understand and respect the struggles of others when they walk in their shoes, don't you agree?"

Carmen shrugged, uncertainty lingering in her response. "I suppose so."

Edgar couldn't have looked more thrilled as he called for the bill and laughed a little. "Then it's decided."

Carmen's heart sank a little. "Decided what?"

"That someone is going to walk in the shoes of the others, and they're going to do it with a thousand-watt smile on their face."

"I don't think I understand." Where was he going with that? What was he trying to imply?

Ignoring Carmen's protest, Edgar settled the bill and left a generous tip.

"You will," he assured her, his tone carrying a note of mystery. He reached for his phone and cane, their polished surfaces catching the light. "Soon. But for now, how about you walk me to the car, and I'll drop you off at home? Your father must be growing worried."

He pushed his chair back and rose to his feet. "And we wouldn't want to burden your father with unnecessary worry, would we?"

A/N: Now you can follow me on Instagram @ditikoshy for more updates on books :)

You can also join me on Patreon if you want to stay ahead of this story or want to read more of my works! 

The link is available on my profile/Bio. :)

Continue lendo

Vocรช tambรฉm vai gostar

111K 5.2K 69
"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks like you parading your egos around. So...
1.8M 65.1K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...
35.9K 1.8K 50
Daisy has been a stripper all of her life against her wishes. With an annoyingly genius brother to take care of, she is ready to do whatever it takes...
1.1M 43K 48
"Now since we are done with the introductions I have a question. Are you sure about this marriage?" I nodded "I am." He scoffed and leaned against th...