Night of the Living Bitches...

By __thedynamos__

Two girls finding their way through the apocalypse....what could go wrong? Started: July 7th, 2022 Ended: Oct... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: New Friends?
Chapter 2: Blood-Soaked Jacket
Chapter 3: You Can't Die
Chapter 4: Never Be Alone
Chapter 5: Calum
Chapter 6: Shopping Center
Chapter 7: Back at the House
Chapter 8: Promise
Chapter 9: Handyman
Chapter 10: Trust Me
Chapter 11: The Barn
Chapter 12: Strictly Platonic
Chapter 13: Annoying Little Sister
Chapter 14: RIP Wawa
Chapter 15: Train Car
Chapter 16: The Crowbar
Chapter 17: Nialls Backpack
Chapter 18: Rabbit
Chapter 19: Tensions Rising
Chapter 20: Truth or Dare
Chapter 21: Taken
Chapter 22: Field of Wildflowers and Stone
Chapter 23: Blender
Chapter 24: Clifford
Chapter 25: Jackpot
Part 26: Party Time
Part 27: Barbie Mobile
Chapter 28: Tea!
Chapter 29: jealousy jealousy
Chapter 30: Leaving Him Behind
Chapter 31: Eggs Smush Wonky
Chapter 32: Crumbing Ground
Chapter 33: Manhattan
Chapter 34: tomatoes
Chapter 35: Uno
Chapter 36: Axe
Chapter 37: The Letter
Chapter 38: Deciding
Chapter 39: Dead Inside
Chapter 40: Love and Loss
Chapter 41: Time
Chapter 42: Grieving
Chapter 43: supply run
Chapter 44: unexpected relations
Chapter 45: Badass Status
Chapter 46: the truth
Chapter 47: Erica vs. Luke
Chapter 48: fighting back
Chapter 49: friends with benefits
Chapter 50: Anniversary
Chapter 51: eyes
Chapter 52: Two Weeks Late
Chapter 53: pinky promise
Chapter 54: Zombie Killer
Chapter 55: Him
Chapter 56: Any Day Now
Chapter 57: Seven Years Later
Chapter 58: Brown Leather Jacket
Chapter 59: Hunting
Chapter 60: Airborne
Chapter 61: hospital
Chapter 62: Turned
Chapter 63: Taking Charge
Chapter 64: Backlash
Chapter 65: Blood and Guts
Chapter 66: Decisions
Chapter 67: Petty
Chapter 68: Lower Your Weapon
Chapter 69: A Strange Encounter
Chapter 70: Haunted
Chapter 71: Grieving
Chapter 72: Cabin in the Woods
Chapter 73: rambo
Chapter 74: Duffle Bag
Chapter 75: Reunited
Chapter 76: A Week
Chapter 78: Hot Chocolate
Chapter 79: Missing Jewlery
Chapter 80: A Dream
Chapter 81: Staying In Position
Chapter 82: Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Chapter 83: the final era

Chapter 77: Glamorous Living

4 2 0
By __thedynamos__

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

--Erica's POV--

"Where are the kids?" I ask walking into the living room where the group is gathered. Jensen motions me over to the window, pushing the curtains out of the way. A smile adorns my face once I see them running around with the friends they've quickly made. Brenton's son is laughing at something Thomas said as Brenton watches them from a bench off to the side, "What have I missed?" I ask turning back to the group.

Luke lets out a tired smile as he leans into the couch. Kyleigh is stitching up Cora's jacket, the material on the arm must have gotten caught in a branch, "Henry wanted to meet us. He invited us over for a proper dinner party," She says putting the needle down as she cuts the leftover thread.

"This is insane, right?" Ashton asks as Reece holds his arm in his, "A dinner party? We could barely manage to find anything out there and now we are celebrating," He points out.

"Shouldn't you be embracing it then?" Jensen asks eyeing up his skepticism, "It will be fun and you guys will finally understand why this place is still running," He tells us.

"I'm excited to meet him," Kyleigh says as Luke side-eyes her, "He looks like a nice guy and he clearly cares about the community," She adds.

"Are the kids invited?" I ask turning to look out the window again, "I'm not into the idea of Thomas being there if things hit the fan," I tell them.

"I'll stay back and keep an eye on them. I'm not really feeling up for a dinner party," Reece says as Ashton squeezes his hand. I give him a thankful smile before grabbing an apple off the table. Everyone carries on with their normal conversation as I walk outside to see Thomas. When he sees me walking out of the house he runs over to give me a hug.

"How did you sleep?" I ask as he gives me an out-of-breath thumbs up, "Having fun?" I ask. Instead of answering he runs off again joining the other kids. I start walking over to Brenton and he makes some room on the bench.

"Will you be at this welcoming dinner?" I ask before biting into the fruit.

"I will be. I hope you like dog," he says making me choke on the piece I'm chewing on. He turns to me and laughs as he tells me he was joking. I glare at him as he continues laughing while watching the kids.

"I was one second away from packing out bags and running out of this place," I tell him as he nods his head, "But what is on the menu?" I ask feeling the hunger rising even though it's hours away.

"I'm not sure. Henry always tries to make something new with whatever ingredients he has when new people come in," He informs me.

"What can't he do? He cooks, scavenges, runs a community, and manages to have everyone love him? I don't buy it," I tell him as leaves rustle from beside us.

"I'm sorry I don't come off as a trustworthy guy," He says making me freeze in my spot. When I turn around he's wearing a dark jacket and his hands are buried in his pockets. His nose is red from the cold air surrounding us.

"I feel like I was just caught by the superintendent, " I tell him as I stand up from the bench. He puts his hand out and I go to shake it but end up pressing my half-eaten apple into his outstretched hand, "I'm just gonna pretend this isn't happening," I say trying not to sink into the ground below me.

"It's nice to meet you....." He says trailing off as he asks for my name.

"Erica. That little guy over there," I tell him pointing out Thomas, " Is my son," I say with a smile.

"I hope you'll be joining your friends for dinner tonight," He says as I nod my head. He turns his head to Brenton and they excuse themselves as I walk away. When I walk inside the group looks at me confused as I shove my head into the couch.

"I just met Henry for the first time," I tell them before explaining what happens. Luke immediately starts laughing at my misery as the others try to hold it in.

After getting over my introduction to the leader of this place. We spent the rest of the day meeting some of the others while learning about the daily jobs people have to keep this place running. It reminds me a lot of our place and it's hard not to let all those memories come into mind, "I look ridiculous," I tell Kyleigh as she walks into the room. Her eyes widen when she sees me in a dress for the first time in almost ten years.

"I didn't think this dinner was going to be so....fancy," she says adjusting the straps on the navy blue dress she's in, "Luke's putting on a button-up shirt right now," she tells me.

"You must be loving that," I tease making her smile, "Maybe I should stay back. My first introduction wasn't the best," I point out. She walks over picking up the pair of shoes that was placed in the closet of the room I'm staying in.

"How did they know your size?" She asks suspicious of all of the new clothes.

"Apparently Reece told Brenton. Makes sense he would know since he helped us find winter clothes all the time," I say with a shrug, "My hair hasn't been this soft in forever," I whisper running my hands down the back of my head.

"You kind of look like a different person. We all do. There is no dirt covering us, our hair is washed, and we don't stink of camping," she says making me laugh.

"This place is like an apocalypse in an apocalypse," I say with wide eyes. There's a small knock at the door and soon Luke is walking in with Thomas.

"He's sad he can't go tonight," Luke says as Thomas runs over. I squat down and give him a small smile.

"Do you really want to sit around hearing the adults talk about this place?" I ask as he shakes his head.

"No but the food sounds good," he says making me laugh.

"Food is being brought over as we speak. Don't worry we wouldn't let you guys starve," I tell him as he nods his head. I wrap my arms around the growing boy before standing back up.

"Where are your pants?" He asks looking at Kyleigh and I. Luke starts giggling to himself before leaving the room to talk to Cora.

"Come on let's go," I tell him walking towards the door. The three of us walk downstairs and as soon as we do Ashton and Reece start cheering.

"Well don't you guys look pretty," Ashton says standing up off of the couch.

"You don't look so bad yourself," Kyleigh says, "Are we ready to go?" She asks. After a quick goodbye to the kids and Reece, we start walking down the street. Jensen meets us about halfway to show us where the house is. He holds his arm out and I walk side by side with him.

"Excited?" He asks.

"More nervous than anything," I tell him as we start walking up the stairs to a house a little bit bigger than ours. There's a bench on the porch with a small plant next to it. The winter air must have killed whatever was growing. When he opens the door there is light music playing in the background. Maybe he will let us steal his radio to play the guy's band. I think the kids would appreciate the trip down memory lane.

"I'll go let them know you're here," Jensen says holding onto the top of my hand before walking off. I turn back to the others but they are all taking in the ambiance of the house.

"Now I see why we were all dressed up," Kyleigh says with an impressed look on her face.

"It's a little bit excessive, don't you think?" Henry asks walking into the room. A woman has a tray beside him filled with champagne flutes. She passes them out and we thank her but she's already gone, "That was Lana. She helps me with planning around the community," he says with a small laugh.

"I'm Henry and welcome to your new home," he says leading us into another room. There's a big table in the middle surrounded by expensive dishes and a chandelier, "This stuff was all here before this started and I felt bad throwing it out," he tells us as we sit down around the table.

"It makes you look official," I tell him after taking a sip of the champagne. He gives me a smile before Lana comes back in with Jensen and Brenton. Jensen sits across from me and Brenton takes the seat to my left that's next to Henry. Luke of course took to the head of the table. I wonder how he feels about handing over his leadership card to Henry.

"You look nice," Brenton says under his breath glancing in my direction, "I expected you to show up in jeans and a sweater," he says making me laugh.

"Didn't want to be underdressed," I tell him as I look at the dark blue button-up he's wearing, as well as the black slacks. There's an expensive-looking watch attached to his wrist.

"If you don't mind me asking, what was your last community like?" he asks looking directly at Luke. Before he starts I excuse myself to the bathroom. When I stand up I give Kyleigh a look telling her that I'm alright. When I turn down the hallway I make my way to the back door. The cold air hits me in the face in the minimal clothing that I'm wearing. Jensen's voice makes me jump.

"Are you okay?" he asks placing his jacket on my shoulders. I thank him as he wraps his arm around my shoulder, "Thinking about Blake?" he asks.

"Everyday"

"He'd be proud of you," He says making me smile, "You're strong. Thomas is lucky to have you as a mother," he assures me.

"It sucks hearing about what we had all the time," I tell him with a small laugh, "I'd give anything to wake up in my bed again with Blake next to me," I whisper.

"Bailee and Blake are definitely looking down at us right now," He says as we stare at the stars, "Calum and him are probably arguing over you right now," he adds making me laugh.

"We should probably go back in," I tell him letting out a deep sigh. He nods his head as he opens up the back door. I hand him back his jacket as he follows me into the dining room. I sit back down next to Brenton and he notices the redness of my nose. Thankfully their conversation about our old camp is over.

"Erica," Henry says making me look over at him, "I heard you were quite the hunter," he says.

"I'm not terrible, why?" I ask looking at the food on my plate. It looks like deer with some vegetables on the side. I'm not sure what the sauce is but it's enough to have my stomach excited.

"I'd like for you to become a hunter for this place. Why waste time finding the perfect place for you when clearly that's where you should be," He says as I nod my head.

"I don't know if it's the best idea for her to be going outside these walls so soon," Luke says making me furrow my eyebrows, "Are there any other jobs you have in mind?" He asks.

"She wouldn't be alone out there. I assure you it's safer than the hunting you're used to," Henry says looking back at me.

"I'll think about it," I tell him not wanting to set anything off right now. I thank him for the offer and look back at my plate.

"Ashton...Jensen told me about how Reece and you would watch the kids of the community," He says as Ashton nods his head, "Would you want to continue that over here? Some of the mothers have two jobs and would greatly appreciate being able to leave them in the care of able beings," He says making Ashton smile.

"That's awful trusting. At our community we didn't trust any new person near our kids until almost a year of them being there," he tells Henry.

"Well Jensen, Brenton, and your other friends have vouched for you," he tells us. I glance at Brenton and he's staring at his plate deep in thought. I can't help but look at the silent conversation Kyleigh and Luke are having with their eyes. I think the tensions are rising.

"For the rest of you, you can continue going around to find the jobs that are perfect for you," he says. By the time we finish our meals, everyone is caught up in their own conversations. I've been listening to Henry and Brenton's conversation for a couple minutes now. It's been pretty boring and nothing out of the ordinary.

"How is Thomas settling in here?" Henry asks as I sip from my glass.

"He loves being around other kids. I think Noah and him are becoming best friends," I tell Brenton.

"He enjoys making new friends," he says smiling. Henry holds up his glass. He stands up at the end of the table and offers a toast.

"This is for new beginnings and becoming family," he says holding his drink up. I can see the suspicion in Luke's eyes but to Henry he just looks like a gracious guest, "Tomorrow marks the first day of officially being a member of our society," he adds. I raise my glass and down it once everyone cheers. I turn and see Brenton with a smirk on his face before he does the same.

I don't know how much I trust these new beginnings, but we have food and water. That's all that matters for the kids. Suddenly a man rushes into the house and looks like he has some important news. He sees us gathered around the table and pulls Henry away. Before he leaves the room he welcomes us to stay for coffee. I turn to Jensen and he looks just as confused as we do. He gets up and follows after them as Brenton sits back in his chair unbothered.

"I'm surprised you vouched for us. You barely know anything about us. You should be more carfeul or you're gonna get yourself killed," I point out to him we move to his living room. Lana brings out a pot of coffee and a couple glasses. It's weird how causal they are about having these things. They must have an abundance if they are willing to share it with us. I stand off to the side and he stops next to me as we watch the others sit around the coffee table. Luke and Kyleigh are whispering about something but I'm sure I'll hear about it later.

"You saved my son I guess I have a weak spot for you," He whispers before taking a seat beside Ashton. I bite the inside of my cheek as I try to figure out the motive behind his actions. These people are too trusting. None of this makes sense. But I'm going to figure it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 410 21
One step can change your life; √ Luke Hemmings + Ariana Grande √ Calum Hood √ Ashton Irwin √ Niall Horan √ Zombies 1.24.16.-2.15.16
583 15 47
This is the continuation from the last book. Some more drama is going to happen when the boys come back from the tour, Megan gets a new boyfriend and...
26.6K 357 60
she was just lucky meeting celebrities •••NEW INSTAGRAM OUT NOW!!••• *****UNDER REVISION READ AT YOUR OWN RISK***** billyhargroveswhore ©all rights...
10.8M 265K 49
In which Luke is in love with his best friend Victoria, who has a not-so-great boyfriend. Trying to navigate relationships, friendships and Luke's ba...