Night of the Living Bitches...

By __thedynamos__

Two girls finding their way through the apocalypse....what could go wrong? Started: July 7th, 2022 Ended: Oct... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: New Friends?
Chapter 2: Blood-Soaked Jacket
Chapter 3: You Can't Die
Chapter 4: Never Be Alone
Chapter 5: Calum
Chapter 6: Shopping Center
Chapter 7: Back at the House
Chapter 8: Promise
Chapter 9: Handyman
Chapter 10: Trust Me
Chapter 11: The Barn
Chapter 12: Strictly Platonic
Chapter 13: Annoying Little Sister
Chapter 14: RIP Wawa
Chapter 15: Train Car
Chapter 16: The Crowbar
Chapter 17: Nialls Backpack
Chapter 18: Rabbit
Chapter 19: Tensions Rising
Chapter 20: Truth or Dare
Chapter 21: Taken
Chapter 22: Field of Wildflowers and Stone
Chapter 23: Blender
Chapter 24: Clifford
Chapter 25: Jackpot
Part 26: Party Time
Part 27: Barbie Mobile
Chapter 28: Tea!
Chapter 29: jealousy jealousy
Chapter 30: Leaving Him Behind
Chapter 31: Eggs Smush Wonky
Chapter 32: Crumbing Ground
Chapter 33: Manhattan
Chapter 34: tomatoes
Chapter 35: Uno
Chapter 36: Axe
Chapter 37: The Letter
Chapter 38: Deciding
Chapter 39: Dead Inside
Chapter 40: Love and Loss
Chapter 41: Time
Chapter 42: Grieving
Chapter 43: supply run
Chapter 44: unexpected relations
Chapter 45: Badass Status
Chapter 46: the truth
Chapter 47: Erica vs. Luke
Chapter 48: fighting back
Chapter 49: friends with benefits
Chapter 50: Anniversary
Chapter 51: eyes
Chapter 52: Two Weeks Late
Chapter 53: pinky promise
Chapter 54: Zombie Killer
Chapter 55: Him
Chapter 56: Any Day Now
Chapter 57: Seven Years Later
Chapter 58: Brown Leather Jacket
Chapter 59: Hunting
Chapter 60: Airborne
Chapter 61: hospital
Chapter 62: Turned
Chapter 63: Taking Charge
Chapter 64: Backlash
Chapter 65: Blood and Guts
Chapter 66: Decisions
Chapter 67: Petty
Chapter 68: Lower Your Weapon
Chapter 69: A Strange Encounter
Chapter 70: Haunted
Chapter 71: Grieving
Chapter 73: rambo
Chapter 74: Duffle Bag
Chapter 75: Reunited
Chapter 76: A Week
Chapter 77: Glamorous Living
Chapter 78: Hot Chocolate
Chapter 79: Missing Jewlery
Chapter 80: A Dream
Chapter 81: Staying In Position
Chapter 82: Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Chapter 83: the final era

Chapter 72: Cabin in the Woods

11 1 0
By __thedynamos__

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

-Kyleigh's POV-

It's been three days since Blake died. The group has been traveling somewhat aimlessly through the woods with minimal conversation, only speaking when necessary. The weather keeps getting colder and colder, making matters somehow even worse. The events of the past 36 hours hang over us like a dark cloud, and I can tell that almost everyone is beginning to lose hope.

Luke nudges my shoulder and nods his head toward Reece, who is shoving his hands in his pockets and trying his best to show that he's not shivering. Two days ago, Reece gave his winter coat to Thomas, and we haven't been able to find a decent clothing store or house to scavenge. With how cold it is outside, I don't know how he's even made it this far.

"I'm thinking we should stop for the night," I say, breaking the silence and causing everyone to jump a little.

Reece turns back to look at me, and it's obvious he knows my intentions.

"We don't need to. I'm fine to keep going," Reece comments.

"We don't need you getting sick," Luke declares, "Plus, we don't have an actual destination. We'll stop for the day and hopefully we can find you warmer clothing."

"We should just keep going," Reece shakes his head as his breath forms a cloud in front of him, "You guys don't need to worry about me."

"It looks like there's some kind of building over there," Cora randomly speaks up, pointing at a structure in the distance.

We all turn to see where she's pointing and see a small building, but it's still a fair distance away.

"Perfect. We'll head in that direction, and if it's safe enough, we'll stop for the night. If not, we'll keep walking," I offer.

"I vote for that idea," Ashton nods.

"I don't know," Reece hesitates, his eyes traveling over to Erica, "Are you okay with stopping, E?"

Erica's head snaps up, shocked by being brought into the conversation. It's clear that she was disassociating, and it takes her a few seconds to recall the question.

"Uh. Sure," She finally replies. Reece nods, but I see the concern in his eyes from her distant behavior.

The group changes the route we were on and starts heading toward the building. Another silence falls upon us, and no one says a word until we arrive at the building, which turns out to be a cabin.

"I can't tell if finding a cabin in the middle of the words is terrifyingly ominous or fate," Ashton says.

"I'm hoping for fate," Reece replies as we walk up the few stairs. He twists the doorknob, but it doesn't budge.

"Of course," Reece frowns.

"Should we kick down the door?" Ashton asks, but we all know that's not a great option.

"Maybe there's a back door?" I suggest, "Or an open window?"

Before we even get the chance to check, Cora pushes past all of us and reaches for the doorknob. Suddenly, the lock clicks, and she pushes the door open with ease.

We all look in somewhat shock before Cora turns around and holds up a key.

"What? I found it underneath a knocked over flower pot at the bottom of the stairs."

A grin spreads across Luke's face as he ruffles her hair, "I swear you're the best survivalist out of the lot of us, Cora."

She smiles at the praise, and the group doesn't waste another second as we all head inside and lock the door behind us. It's a relatively small cabin with only one floor, so it doesn't take long to check the place out and make sure it's safe.

"I didn't realize how cold it was until we stopped," Ashton comments, rubbing his hands together.

I walk over to an ottoman in the middle of the room and open it, revealing several blankets. I immediately chuck a few toward Reece and Ashton before divvying out the rest.

"Mom, do we have any food left?" I hear Thomas ask. I look over and notice Erica zoning out as she stares at the white skies.

"Mom," Thomas whines again, "I'm hungry."

Erica finally looks away from the window and says, "What's the status on food?"

"We have nothing left," Ashton replies.

Without another word, Erica picks up the bow and arrow and heads toward the door. She doesn't wait for anyone to say anything before she slams the door shut. I share a concerned glance with Reece before following her trail, "I'll be right back."

I open the door and see her already a few feet away.

Without even turning around, she somehow knows I'm standing there.

"Don't worry about me. I'm just finding us something to eat," She calls loudly.

"Do you want company?" I yell back, but I already know what her reply will be.

"No. I'll be back before dark."

I sigh and watch her go further into the distance. I want to go after her, but I know she needs her space right now. I head back inside and everyone's face falls as they realize she went out on her own again. It's been hard the last few days with Erica never wanting to talk and always seeming 1000 miles away mentally, but we can't blame her. We know it's her way of coping.

The rest of us settle in and try to get as warm as possible. About half an hour later, Ashton stands up to check on Cora's wounds.

"How does it look?" Luke asks.

"It's healing really nicely," Ashton reassures us, "Considering the circumstances, this is the best we could hope for."

"Does it still hurt?" I ask Cora.

She shakes her head, "Not nearly as bad as it used to."

"That's good," Ashton smiles, "We should still keep it bandaged as it continues to heals so it doesn't get infected."

"Am I going to have a sick scar like Aunt E?" Cora randomly asks.

"Yes," Ashton nods, "You will."

"That's so fucking cool," Cora says excitedly as she looks down to admire her arm. All of us widen our eyes at her language before me, Reece, and Ashton start to laugh while Luke's mouth drops in shock.

"Woah, woah, woah," Luke starts as he crosses his arms, "Who taught you that word?"

"What word?" Cora asks innocently. Luke quirks an eyebrow and she smiles, "Uncle Ashton."

"Cora," Ashton gasps, "How could you betray me like this?"

Cora starts uncontrollably giggling as Luke walks over and jokingly smacks the back of Ashton's head.

"Dad, stop" Cora says through laughter, "You curse basically every day."

Ashton takes the chance and smacks the back of Luke's head, saying, "Yeah dumbass, she probably learned it from you."

Luke tackles Ashton onto the couch and they playfully begin to wrestle. Thomas happily cheers them on as the rest of us watch in amusement.

They finally agree to a truce and just as Luke is standing up and straightening his shirt out, Thomas breaks the silence by saying, "I'm really fucking hungry."

"Not you, too. What kind of kids are we raising?" Luke shakes his head before beginning to chase Thomas around the cabin. Thomas' laughter fills the room as Luke eventually catches him and picks him up so he's hanging upside down.

"Uncle Luke," Thomas giggles, "Put me down!"

"Not until you take it back," Luke laughs.

"Take what back?"

Luke begins to tickle Thomas' side causing Thomas and Cora to both lose it. Their shrieks of laughter are contagious, causing the rest of us to ultimately join in. We know we're being way too loud, but it's been too long since we have heard the kids laugh like this.

Luke stops his attack for a second, long enough for Thomas to catch his breath and say, "Fine. I'm really freaking hungry."

"That's what I thought," Luke smiles before flipping Thomas back over and dropping him gently on the couch next to Reece.

We suddenly hear someone clear their throat and turn our heads to see Erica standing in the doorway.

With absolutely no expression on her face, she drops three dead rabbits on the ground.

"You guys should be more quiet," She finally states before heading straight back out the door.

We sit there for a second in silence, not knowing what to say. I move to stand up, but Luke holds his hand out to stop me.

"I got it," Luke quietly comments before grabbing a blanket and heading out the door. The rest of us watch him leave and follow after Erica before Ashton takes a deep breath and says, "I guess we should try to make a fire."

It's shocking how quickly the group sobered up from what was happening only moments before.

"Yeah. There were a lot of loose branches around the house," Reece says, making a move to stand up.

"You should stay here where it's warm. Ashton and I will make the fire," I say.

"I can do it," Reece responds.

"You're still way too cold," Ashton replies, "Cora and Thomas, stay here and make sure your Uncle doesn't move from under those blankets."

"I want to help with the fire," Cora says, straightening her back.

Ashton looks at me and I nod, "Fine, Cora comes with us, and Reece and Thomas stay here."

Cora smiles successfully as she follows me and Ashton out the door and down the stairs. We begin to stockpile some branches and I can feel the weather get impossibly colder as the sky begins to darken.

This group has experienced way too much shit recently. We just need a win.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 410 21
One step can change your life; √ Luke Hemmings + Ariana Grande √ Calum Hood √ Ashton Irwin √ Niall Horan √ Zombies 1.24.16.-2.15.16
314K 5.1K 89
Luke Hemmings Michael Clifford Calum Hood Ashton Irwin + Harry Styles Liam Payne Niall Horan Louis Tomlinson And Zayn Malik
573 55 51
You think you know what its like to live with a mental illness but, in all reality you dont know unless you are living with it. This story involves...
14.6K 438 21
The group decides to go camping when things take a turn for the worse. People go missing, others start dying. They must find this crazy killer. But w...