The Wanderer

By Bloodline_Xox236

Asteria, a young, 16 year old girl who woke up with no memories of herself. She has a hard time remembering s... More

Asteria
Treehouse
Trust Too Easily
Can Of Peanuts
Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
King Of Snakes
Mechanical Heart
Electric Love
Harmonize
The Royal Blacksmiths
New Roomate
The Power Within
All Or Nothing
The Great Devourer
Giant Snake Problem
Fall Of The Great Devourer
Starting From The Bottom
What You Have Is What You Need
Dareth
There Be Pirates
Pirates Versus Ninja
The Cake Is A Lie
Double Trouble
Ninjaball Run
Child's Play
Wrong Place
Wrong Time
Unresolved Wounds
Stone Army Uprising
Voyage To Sea
Lighthouse In The Storm
Preparation
Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Countdown
Dawn Of A New Era
Resurgence
Silent Fist
Off The Grid
Broken Bonds
Golden Curse
Digitalize
Sibling Bond
Among The Stars
The Two Losses
The Unknown Element
Off The Island
One Can Remain
Stuck In The Present
The Visit
Where Paths Collide
Follow The Wind
Stiix
The Temple
Onto Cloud Kingdom!
Morro
Kidnapped
Curse World
Fame? Or Frame?
Public Enemy
Return Of Sky Pirates
The Island
Escape
A Last Resort
The Wish
The Encounter
Cyrus Borg
Zane
Ed & Edna
The Attack
The Sewers
The Swamp
Gone
The Palace
Serpentine Child
Samurai X
Found
The Quiet One
Resurrection
Garmadon
Oni And Dragons
Lost
Dragon
Power
Heavy Metal
Chased
Captured
FirstBorne
Home
The Black Cloud
Oni
The Proposal
Lazying Around
Serpentine History
Sacrifice
Farewell, For Now
Never Realm
Fire-Maker
Traveller's Tree
The Land Bounty
Returning
Prime Empire
New Friend
I Am Okino!
Dance-Off
Speedway
Final Keytana
Unagami
Shintaro
Princess Vania
Failed Rescue
Story Of The Two Blades
Fight For Love
Grief Bringer
The Dragonoid Form
Father's Day
Twitchy Tim
Island Of The Keepers
The Gift
Uncontrollable Water
The Signal
Under The Sea
Recharging The Battery
The Merlopians
Benthomaar's Story
The Storm Amulet
Ninjago City
The Goodbyes
Home
Saving Nya
Freeing The Ninja
The Oni Form
Harbor
The End Of The Overlord
Reunited
Land Of The Three Mountains
Crossroads Carnival
Kai And Nya
Cloud Kingdom
Imperium
Dragon Power
The Temple
ArraKore
Golem
Hoarder
The Empress
Only The Beginning
Chronosteel
The Mechanic, Again
The Cook-Off
Nightmares
Battle At Cloud Kingdom
Visions

The New Enemy

125 2 0
By Bloodline_Xox236

I was sitting on the couch reading, Nadine was currently in her bedroom. I heard the sliding doors open "Let's not tell anyone about this day" Lloyd said and I looked over as he faceplanted on the couch. I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay with me" Nya groaned as she sat next to me. I cleared my throat and they all jumped. I rolled my eyes and sighed "Okay...Just this once, relax" I said and turned the tv on.

I heard the news as the reporter spoke. "I'm here with Ninjago's foremost archaeologist Clutch Powers, who's discovered an unknown pyramid buried deep in the Desert of Doom. Professor Powers, what can you tell us about the pyramid?"

I looked at the tv and Clutch spoke "Absolutely nothing Gayle. I haven't been inside and I don't plan to."

Gayle spoke in her microphone "But I thought-"

Clutch took the microphone "You wanna know what's inside? Traps. Booby traps. Butt loads of them. Pitfalls and blow darts, and fake tiles that collapse when you step on them, and big boulders that drop on you. No thank you."

Gayle scoffed "But isn't that your job as an archaeologist? To you know, explore and go on dangerous quests?"

"Technically yes. What's your point?"

"Well someone has to go inside."

"It would take a ninja to survive what's in there. Do I look like a ninja?"

"No."

"Point made."

Lloyd jumped out of his seat "That's it! That's our quest!"

"I'll pack my bag!" Nya exclaimed "Sunscreen! Bring lots of sunscreen!" Cole exclaimed. "Ooh, this is gonna be so much fun!!" Jay shouted.

"Ninjago!!" They all shouted and went separate ways outside the living room.

I took a breath and sighed as I closed my sketchbook. Indie tilted her head.

I stood up from seat and went to leave but heard the tv go off again. I stopped and looked over.

"Well there you have it. Gayle Gossip, broadcasting from a mysterious secret pyramid. That's gonna stay secret because no one's going in." The reporter went off screen and the camera zoomed in on a stone.

My eyes widened as it was that serpent from my dreams. "...What...?"

~~~

I was waiting in the monastery courtyard for the others as I had my luggage. Wasn't much, just some changeable clothes, water, my sketchbook, phone and my album.

The others came outside and started to pile their stuff. I blinked in confusion, they didn't need that many things.

Wu approached us with Pixal "What is the meaning of this?"

"We're off on our quest. Remember? To hone our ninja skills" Lloyd smiled at his uncle. He raised an eyebrow "How long are you going for?"

"Don't know. A day or two?" Jay awkwardly smiled at Wu.

"It's like you always say, better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it" Cole explained and Wu raised an eyebrow "I never said that."

Jay laughed "And you say we never listen!"

"...I never said that either" Wu sighed and Pixal pitched in "Master Wu, perhaps this is an opportunity to field-test the new joint-tactical vehicles."

Kai's expression brightened up "Oh! What new joint-tactic...What?"

~~~

We arrived at the living room. "Asteria, if you may?" Pixal inquired and I nod. I approached the target that hung on the wall and moved it sideways as I pressed the red button.

The tv area went below and the wall opened as an elevator showed. "Wow!" Nya exclaimed and all of us went in the elevator as Pixal pressed a button and we started to descend.

Calm music started to play and I smiled to myself as I listened.

"Did anyone know this was here?" Lloyd asked the others and Cole shook his head "No."

Kai groaned "Nobody tells me anything!"

"We've been working on it for the past six months" Pixal smiled and I nod.

"I didn't even notice any construction" Jay said and my expression changed to disappointment as I faced my brother "You were playing video games."

"Huh...?" He muttered and I sighed as we got to the bottom floor and the elevator opened.

We all stepped out of the elevator "Woah..." The others exclaimed.

"We have a secret base!!" Jay shouted excitedly. "Huh, what's that?" Nya pointed to one of the vehicles. Pixal smiled "We call it the Land Bounty."

She took out a Manuel "Each vehicle has a Manuel so make sure to-"

The others quickly drove out and I groaned. "Did they even take the luggage?" Pixal questioned.

I sighed and the three of us took the elevator back up and went to the courtyard. I went to transform into my Dragon but heard Nadine ask "Mom...?"

I turned "Oh, Nadine." I walked over and knelt down to her. "I'm sorry, did I forget to tell you? Your mother and I are heading off to a little day trip with the others. We won't be gone for too long. I'm sure Master Wu and Pixal can help entertain yo while we're gone."

Nadine hugged me "Okay. Be safe!"

I hugged back and smiled as we pulled away. I transformed into my Dragon and took the luggage in my front two claws.

"Asteria, look after them please" Wu said and sighed. I made a gentle roar in understanding as I flew off in the sky and dove after the six.

~~~

I flew above the six as they drove through the desert and I flew up above. I saw an oasis nearby and the others drove over there. I followed as they parked and got out/off their vehicles.

"Uh guys, where's our luggage?" Lloyd questioned and I landed on the ground as I set their luggage down. Cole glanced over "Oh no way! Thanks Asteria!"

I glared at the six of them and walked over to the large pond as I curled up near it and the others set up picnic blankets and umbrellas as they relaxed and ate food.

I relaxed near the water until I heard something. I tilted my head up and glanced over at the basket and cooler.

I heard the others talking about some bug...Jay called it Bernie.

Cole walked over to the basket and cooler until it was sucked into the sand. "Aah! Did you guys see that?!" He exclaimed and the others stood up "Yeah we did! What was that?" Kai questioned and I walked over immediately as I looked around on my guard.

The ground started to rumble and the large bug, Beohernie jumped out from the sand and roared at us. I made a roar at the others "Guys, get away! I'll handle this!"

"Okay, be careful!" Lloyd shouted and the six ran to their vehicles as I faced Beohernie. He roared and went to charge at the others but I lunged at him and bit around his side as I picked him up in my mouth and threw him.

I turned to the others as they called for me and I ran toward them.

Until something got in the way.

The ground rumbled and Beohernie emerged from underneath me as his pincers dug into each side of me and I growled from the pain and fell backwards.

"Asteria!" The others shouted and I glanced up at Beohernie. He roared as he tried to eat my face but I grabbed his own face to keep his away. I glanced at the others and roared at them "Get out of here!"

"Asteria we can't leave you!" Nya shouted. I saw Jay put a hand on her shoulder and they all drove off.

I glanced at Beohernie and took a breath in. I breathed out fire at his face and he screeched in pain as he backed up and descended into the sand.

I stood up on my four feet and my wounds slowly healed. My wings opened and I took off into the sky following everyone else's auras.

~~~

I flew down and landed next to everyone's vehicles as I slowly turned human. I noticed the tent of Clutch Powers and walked to it. I heard Lloyd say "We already lost our friend out there, she helped us get here. Can't you help us get through the pyramid?"

I walked in the tent "Really?"

The others turned to me "Asteria!"

I rolled my eyes "Guys come on...I survived in the black cloud, I can survive a bug attack."

Clutch sighed "Hm. Anyway, as I was saying...The answer is no. I'm not going in that pyramid."

Nya glanced over "What? Isn't there anything we can do to convince you?"

He huffed "No."

I growled slightly "Come on guys. We can explore the pyramid ourselves...Since this guy is too afraid to explore it." I said and turned to leave.

"Wait a minute!-" He exclaimed and I stopped in my tracks as I glanced at Clutch. He sighed "Fine fine, I'll come with Dragon. Just don't eat me" he grumbled and walked out the tent.

Lloyd approached me "How did...How did you do that?"

I shrugged "Don't know. I might be a persuasive person. Or Dragon" I chuckled and followed Clutch with the other six.

~~~

We had crossed a rickety bridge inside and soon arrived at steps that had a cobweb on the first step.

"What are you staring at? It's just a cobweb" Cole questioned "Yeah that's what they want you to think" Clutch said and stepped over the cobweb with the others and Jay stood next to me.

I flew over the cobweb and followed the others while in the air.

I heard a click and looked as the stairs turned flat and Jay had stepped on the cobweb. My eyes widened as the others were sliding down the flat stairs and screamed.

I dove after them. "Grab onto something!!" Kai shouted. "There's nothing to grab on! It's too flat!" Zane exclaimed.

I noticed spikes up ahead. I quickly changed into my Dragon form and shot a fireball at the spikes as they destroyed and I dove down to the open area as I caught everyone in my wings.

I sat down as I carefully set them down and I sighed.

"Ah...Thanks" Clutch thanked me and stood up wiping the dust off him. I glanced down at Jay and growled at him. "Aah!-" Jay flinched slightly and we all walked down the hall soon getting to a large room. I transformed back human since I wasn't able to fit.

"Woah...Hey it's like a puzzle! I'm good at puzzles! Kai, come help me!" Jay exclaimed and took Kai's hand as he took him with to the large puzzle.

I made a light chuckle as I watched the two oblivious lovebirds work on the puzzle. The others walked to a wall with paintings as I watched Kai and Jay work on the puzzle.

As it was being finished I took notice of what it was...The serpent lady from my dreams.

A soft gasp escaped Zane's lips "Wait, don't!-"

He was too late as the puzzle exploded and everyone was sent back. My feet dug into the ground and I glanced forward. My eyes widened as the serpent lady sighed "Ah...Finally."

The others stood next to me, Kai whispered "What...?"

The serpent lady turned to Lloyd "You. Where is he?"

"H-Huh? Who?" Lloyd questioned. "The boy who imprisoned me. For I, Aspherra will take revenge on him!" The serpent lady exclaimed and I glared at her.

"What do I tell her?" Lloyd whispered and I whispered back "Tell her the truth. We don't know."

Lloyd stepped towards Aspherra "Uh, well that was a long time ago..."

She held her long spear sword and attacked us. I quickly jumped back and watched as everyone's powers didn't effect her. She made a soft hiss and eyed Kai "You. You're a fire element right?"

Kai glared "Yeah I am." He sent fire off his hands at Aspherra but it didn't do anything. She hummed "Your fire warms me..." She smirked and a purple aura surrounded Kai as he was lifted in the air and she started to steal his power.

My eyes widened and Jay shouted "Kai! What's happening to him?!"

Zane spoke "She's stealing his power. We must stop her!"

The others used their spinjitzu to attack Aspherra but she used it as well as everyone was hit back, she stopped and I growled. I ran at her and jumped as I hit my tail against her and she was sent back.

"No!" She shouted and quickly slithered pass me as she continued to take Kai's power. I ran at her but she used spinjitzu. I was hit back against a wall and I groaned as I fell.

I heard something and looked up as I saw Aspherra had taken Kai's powers and her appearance changed. "I thank you, elemental. In return for your gift, I shall spare your lives" she said and pointed her spear at them as they all lifted against a wall and their arms were chained.

I stood as I growled at Aspherra and she faced me "And you."

A chain came my way and I quickly transformed into my Dragon form so the chains couldn't wrap around me. Aspherra's eyes widened "A Dragon? My my, how unique...I shall come back for you dear." Aspherra said and slithered off.

I growled and then noticed lava starting to form on the ground. My eyes widened and I quickly flew to the others as I broke the chains and caught each one with my claws.

"Asteria, get us out of here!" Lloyd exclaimed and I nod as I immediately flew through the halls and up.

I crashed through the open door and flew off as below was nothing but lava. I spotted their vehicles but then saw a helicopter.

My eyes widened "Pixal" I thought and landed next to everyone's vehicles as I set them down and Pixal landed the helicopter as she jumped out and dashed over to us.

"Pixal! What are you doing here?" Lloyd questioned. "A paperboy informed us that you were all trapped. But it seems like Asteria has gotten you all out" she said and I gently smiled.

"Paperboy?" Cole tilted his head. "The more important thing is that a serpent wizard is attacking Ninjago with large fire snakes and we need you guys to get to Ninjago" Pixal explained and I nod.

Kai groaned as he sat up "Ugh, my head...What happened?"

Jay ran to Kai "You're alright!"

"We need to go back to Ninjago City then." I say and everyone agrees.

~~~

Author's Edit: Oct 17, 2023

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 746 64
Hi guys! Jay here! Nya said that I should write a blog about myself so here it is! I tell you guys all my secrets and my deepest feelings about the...
11.2K 193 22
Who is willing to save a girl when she is unwilling to save herself? ~*~ Everyone's been bullied. There's no doubt about that. Some more than others...
811 23 10
Alice, a fourteen year old girl, who is trying to live a normal life as she can, had a little encounter with Ninjago City's most disliked teenager bu...
2K 47 17
This was my first story ever, even though the grammer and the story plot aren't that great, I am really happy with it. I am grateful to the people wh...