The Wanderer

By Bloodline_Xox236

Asteria, a young, 16 year old girl who woke up with no memories of herself. She has a hard time remembering s... More

Asteria
Treehouse
Trust Too Easily
Can Of Peanuts
Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
King Of Snakes
Mechanical Heart
Electric Love
Harmonize
The Royal Blacksmiths
New Roomate
The Power Within
All Or Nothing
The Great Devourer
Giant Snake Problem
Fall Of The Great Devourer
Starting From The Bottom
What You Have Is What You Need
Dareth
There Be Pirates
Pirates Versus Ninja
The Cake Is A Lie
Double Trouble
Ninjaball Run
Child's Play
Wrong Place
Wrong Time
Unresolved Wounds
Stone Army Uprising
Voyage To Sea
Lighthouse In The Storm
Preparation
Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Countdown
Dawn Of A New Era
Silent Fist
Off The Grid
Broken Bonds
Golden Curse
Digitalize
Sibling Bond
Among The Stars
The Two Losses
The Unknown Element
Off The Island
One Can Remain
Stuck In The Present
The Visit
Where Paths Collide
Follow The Wind
Stiix
The Temple
Onto Cloud Kingdom!
Morro
Kidnapped
Curse World
Fame? Or Frame?
Public Enemy
Return Of Sky Pirates
The Island
Escape
A Last Resort
The Wish
The Encounter
Cyrus Borg
Zane
Ed & Edna
The Attack
The Sewers
The Swamp
Gone
The Palace
Serpentine Child
Samurai X
Found
The Quiet One
Resurrection
Garmadon
Oni And Dragons
Lost
Dragon
Power
Heavy Metal
Chased
Captured
FirstBorne
Home
The Black Cloud
Oni
The Proposal
Lazying Around
The New Enemy
Serpentine History
Sacrifice
Farewell, For Now
Never Realm
Fire-Maker
Traveller's Tree
The Land Bounty
Returning
Prime Empire
New Friend
I Am Okino!
Dance-Off
Speedway
Final Keytana
Unagami
Shintaro
Princess Vania
Failed Rescue
Story Of The Two Blades
Fight For Love
Grief Bringer
The Dragonoid Form
Father's Day
Twitchy Tim
Island Of The Keepers
The Gift
Uncontrollable Water
The Signal
Under The Sea
Recharging The Battery
The Merlopians
Benthomaar's Story
The Storm Amulet
Ninjago City
The Goodbyes
Home
Saving Nya
Freeing The Ninja
The Oni Form
Harbor
The End Of The Overlord
Reunited
Land Of The Three Mountains
Crossroads Carnival
Kai And Nya
Cloud Kingdom
Imperium
Dragon Power
The Temple
ArraKore
Golem
Hoarder
The Empress
Only The Beginning
Chronosteel
The Mechanic, Again
The Cook-Off
Nightmares
Battle At Cloud Kingdom
Visions

Resurgence

247 6 0
By Bloodline_Xox236

The elevator let out a soft ding as the doors opened in front of me. I left the small space holding two paper cups filled with warm beverages. I had my hair in dreads and up in a bun.

I've changed over the many time has passed. My black hair has grown close to my middleback. I also grown to six two during the time that has passed.

"Good Morning Cyrus" I greeted my boss as he sat at his desk. He perked up when he heard my voice. He was fiddling with his hands worryingly staring at one of the security cameras.

"Good morning Asteria, I hope you slept well" he smiled softly as I placed one of the cups on his desk.

"Chamomile tea to relieve stress" I told him before sipping my own cup.

"Right, thank you" he sighed taking a sip of the tea.

"Miss Asteria, the field trip request for your friend's academy has been approved. The schedule has been cleared for their tour" Pixal spoke up to inform me.

"Thank you Pixal, I can go fetch them myself" I smiled at her "You also don't have to call me miss if you don't want to Pix."

"Right. Forgive me, I will take note of that" she replied coldly slowly nodding.

Scout perked up from his spot on the floor next to Indie as they both were relaxing.

I turned back to Cyrus as he stared at his cup, knowing we both were being watched very intently. "Take a deep breath my friend. I'll make sure they receive the statue myself if needed" I reassured the genius with a small wink.

~~~

I leaned against my motorcycle outside as I called my brother's number and put the phone to my ear.

I waited and he soon picked it up "...Hello?"

"Hey Jay, it's been a while" I spoke with the same warmth in my voice.

"Yeah it has" he let out a nervous chuckle "Where have you been?"

"I've been working in New Ninjago city for the most part" I replied "Are the others with you? Everyone doing well?"

"We're alright Asteria" I heard Nya's voice and a gentle smile formed on my face as I heard her and the others greet me over the call.

"Hey guys" I greeted everyone before my voice faltered sighing "I'm sorry for leaving out of the blue like that..."

"I want to apologize in person" I spoke sincerely as a small pang of guilt washed over me.

"You can buy us dinner when we see you again" Cole replied.

"Pick a place and I'll pay" I chuckled before informing them "So you guys are teachers now? Your field trip request at Borg Industries has been approved."

"Yes we are. Wait- how do you know about that?" Kai questioned.

"Borg Industries?!" Jay gasped enthusiastically and I softly chuckled at his excitement.

"I work there and I pulled some strings" I replied hiding my amusement from hearing Jay's fangirling in the background. "Anyways, we can head over today if you'd like. I'll be your escort through New Ninjago City" I continued.

"Wait are you coming to the school?" Jay asked.

I hummed in response "I've been overdue on a visit anyways. I'll see you in a bit" I replied before ending the call after they didn't respond.

I pulled my hairtie out, letting my dreads fall on my back and I put my helmet on. I positioned myself on my motorcycle as I turned the engine on. I put my visor down and drove off towards the school.

~~~

I soon arrived and came to a halt in the courtyard. The students outside started to surround me asking questions.

"Alright everyone, back away give some space" I heard Cole's voice and looked up seeing him and the others walking to me as the students backed away.

"It's alright Cole" I spoke with my helmet staring right at them. It covered my entire head with a pitch black visor. The kids were awing at the subtle blue lights glowing from the sides of the helmet.

I took off my helmet revealing my dreads. My helmet mechanically folded up until it formed a small cube fitting the size of my hand. I dismounted my motorcycle facing my old friends.

"Hey" I greeted sheepishly. "It's good to see you guys again" I smiled.

Nya returned the smile and was the first one to step up to me. "We missed you Asteria" she sighed and pulled me into a soft hug.

"I missed you as well." I said and sighed deeply as we pulled away.

I took in Nya's appearance. "I love your outfit Nya. You look very beautiful" I complimented wholeheartedly.

Nya's eyes widened as a small amount of heat formed on her face.

I proceeded to pull everyone else into one big group hug, catching them off guard. "I'm truly sorry for leaving you guys..."

"It's okay Asteria" Kai reassured patting me on the back "You just wanted some space."

"You are forgiven" Cole smirked and proceeded to ruffle my hair playfully.

I chuckled softly and slightly swat his hand away.

"Like I said on the phone, I'll be your escort back to New Ninjago City. Mr. Borg would like to talk to you guys as well" I pulled away from the group hug and looked at the four ninja specifically.

"Look at you working up the corporate ladder. What's your job at Borg Industries?" Cole asked with a smug smirk.

"I am his assistant. I mainly oversee the security and the creative side of business" I replied making Jay's eyes widen.

"Assistant?!" He exclaimed flabbergasted. "Assistant to the super genius reclusive savant Cyrus Borg? Inventor of the hover car and everything else cool in this world?" He questioned as he started to ramble. "And we'll get to personally meet him?"

"I was originally his bodyguard and then we became friends" I explained adding "Yes and he wants to give you guys something important."

Jay started to freak out in the best ways possible only for Zane to hit him in the side to snap him out of it.

"Sounds like a plan" Nya hummed at the idea. She'll be in charge of the class while the four have a talk with Cyrus Borg himself.

"That means we'll get to take the bus" Cole smiled pumping his fist.

"I'll ride with you all since I have to give you the directions" I smiled and looked to my bike.

Kai raised an eyebrow asking "Is it okay to leave that here?"

I raised an eyebrow giving him a smirk "Who says I'm leaving it?" I walked over and pressed a button on the bike's control panel and watched as the ride started to fold up. The bike converted into a carry on suitcase for me to hold.

"Wait was that the motorcycle you and I worked on together?" Nya raised an eyebrow.

I smirked at Nya as I carried the case in hand. "Yep!" I replied pridefully "It's my favorite and I only did some minor upgrades."

"My student has become a master" Nya applauded my handiness and I softly chuckled.

~~~

As we were boarding the bus I heard one of the kids complain "Why can't we take the Ultra Dragon? Or the Ultra sonic raider?"

"Because they don't have one of these" Cole replied and I heard him talk into a microphone "Pretty cool huh? I'm on a microphone. I am the Mc, The Mighty Cole."

The kids groaned at Cole's giddiness "Mr. Cole is the worst" Brad said.

"I heard that!" Cole grumbled from inside the bus.

"So we really are going back to the city. We haven't been there since- well you know" Kai stated nostalgically.

"Yesterday is gone, tomorrow has not yet come. We only have today or else this offer expires" Sensei Wu spoke as he boarded the bus.

I hopped on the bus behind Sensei adding in "There's no room to rescheduling either" I shook my head sighing.

I walked down the aisle to go sit in the back of the bus with my motorcycle case in hand.

I noticed Nya sitting alone and took a seat next to her. I sat with my motorcycle brief case resting in my lap as I talked to Nya. We both were already speaking like nothing has changed.

I could feel a wave of calm wash over me. It was nice to see everyone again yet I couldn't help but still feel remorse for losing touch briefly.

During the time apart I've been focusing on getting a steady footing in Ninjago. Before I was dissociated with the world I had forgotten about, now I feel like an actual citizen of the province. Like I belong here and not a waste of air.

It was rough on my own again at first but I grew accustomed very quickly. I met Cyrus when I managed to save him from getting robbed. He offered me a job to be his personal bodyguard and that was my start. The rest is history but the time I've spent with the genius are fond memories.

On the note of memories, nothing has surfaced. Nothing has been appearing in my dreams either. With access to a vast database I've tried searching for the man. Facial recognition came back with nothing, there was no one registered.

Only I know of this person's existence and only vaguely.

I listened to Nya as she told some stories she's experienced with being a teacher so far. One story made me chuckle. It was about how all the male students never seem to pay attention to her lessons.

As we talked one girl sitting in front of us turned around listening intently.

"What's your name?" She asked shyly with her chin resting on the back of the seat.

"I'm Asteria what's yours?" I replied kindly lightly tapping on the case in my lap.

I didn't even get to learn the girl's name as two other students butted in. "Are you dating anyone?" They said in sync almost enthusiastically.

I noticed Nya stiffen at their questioned and tried to get her students to drop it. The others sitting in the front of the bus were listening in as well.

I was confused. Why would it matter if I was courting someone? What's so special about it? I simply don't understand the appeal.

"No I am not. I don't know what to make of it" I answered concisely.

One girl gasped aloud "You've never dated anyone?!"

"Uh, let's drop the subject since that is very personal to ask" Nya butted in my defense and the girls dropped it for now. She gave me a apologetic smile if her students made me uncomfortable.

Bright neon lights shined through the windows as the bus entered the city. The kids left me alone, they were more drawn in by the beautiful lights of the city.

I smiled watching their eyes light up in wonder as I glanced at the cityscape. It's funny how something you see on the daily could be so amazing when someone sees it for the first time.

Nya looked out in awe "Wow, you leave town a short while and-"

I felt the bus lurch to the side too quickly and I sensed an oncoming vehicle. I shot up from my spot running to the front and grabbing the steering wheel. The bus turned to the side out of the way last second.

"Who here uses wheels anymore? Get with the program!" The postman shouted at me and Sensei who was driving.

I frowned opening the bus door to tell the guy off "The light was red on your end and it's on camera." I gestured to the stop light that was still red and the camera attached to it.

He frowned with wide eyes before trying to drive away quietly trying not to stir trouble.

"Yeah keep going that's what I thought." I hissed sending the old man a glare as he drives by. My forked tongue flicked slightly.

"Are you okay Sensei?" I questioned Wu and he nodded "Yes. Thank you Asteria."

"Everyone else alright?" I looked to everyone in the bus earning an array of nods and confirmations.

I held onto a pole and directed Sensei where we needed to go. He drove up to the sidewalk and parked, allowing everyone to get out. They followed my lead heading inside the Borg Industries tower. In the lobby Pixal was there to greet me and the group.

"Welcome back Asteria" she greeted in her usual flat tone. "Are your friends ready to start the tour?"

"Yes they are" I nodded gesturing to the kids. I turned to the other four and gestured for them to follow me.

Pixal stepped forward to address the class and begin "Welcome to Borg Industries. I am Pixal, Cyrus's Primary Interactive X-ternal Assistant Live-form."

Leading the four to the elevator I pressed a button. "Head up to the top floor. Cyrus would like to talk to you guys personally" I informed them as the doors opened.

"About what?" Cole inquired curiously.

Knowing full well I was being watched I stayed calm. "I just know it's important" I lied and pushed them into the elevator.

"See you in a bit" I hummed pressing the button for the doors to close. I noticed Scout and Indie come to me and I smiled.

I've put my part of the plan into motion and knew I'm on standby. I followed after the tour group waiting for the four to come back with the trophy containing the Techno Blades. This has been going smoother since Lloyd isn't here.

Good thing I have kept my distance from the others since the discovery of the Overlord virus in the system. They all needed to stay out of the city for their own protection, especially the golden ninja.

~~~

Following behind the group as Pixal brought the kids into a room filled with all kinds of inventions. The technology ranging from videogames, virtual reality and hovercars. But that only scratches the surface.

"They have a perfect match console!" One of the girl students gushed as they practically dragged me and Nya over to check it out.

"What's perfect match?" Nya asked the girls curiously as she stared at the peculiar machine.

"It's the latest craze. It finds your perfect partner with flawless results. You should both try it" Sally explained as Nya tried it out first.

She raised an eyebrow skeptically "I doubt a machine could know someone's-"

The machine burst to life and spoke "Hello, Nya. You are an independent, self confident young woman who refuses to be in a boys club. Analyzing match now." The machine took a moment to calculate the results.

I watched the screen scratching my head at why Cyrus would design something like this. Scout tilted his head.

"Of course it's gonna to be Mr. Jay" Marla smiled in anticipation.

They gasped when Cole's face popped up on the screen. My eyes widened at the results but kept quiet as it truly didn't matter. Indie's ears went down as she saw the results.

"There goes my OTP..." One girl sighed dejectedly.

Nya turned to everyone pleading "Promise you won't tell anyone." She turned to me holding my shoulders with worry "Please promise me too Asteria.."

I took her hands in mine "Nya it's fine. The results don't mean anything because they're just going off of data and not what you feel about Jay" I tried calming her down.

I made Nya take a deep breath. "You're right, but you know how Jay is...He'll panic."

"Then you talk it out with him" I replied "You know I don't know much about this stuff, but as with any friendship, you talk and come to a resolution."

"Like Miss Asteria said, it could be wrong" Sally reassured and pushed me to step up "Let's have her try."

I stepped up on the heart as the machine glowed pink once again.

"Asteria, you are a calm, honest and headstrong young woman who's hiding a tender sweet side. Analyzing your match now..." The machine spoke as it calculated the results.

The machine took longer than a minute to calculate. Then out of nowhere the screen started to glitch before completely shutting off and breaking.

I looked to Nya and the students with a confused look "I think I broke it..." I said as I stepped off of it.

"Guess I'm unlovable" I thought because out of all the people it could choose, it couldn't even find one person I was supposedly compatible with.

"I'm sure it was just a glitch from all your matches" Sally tried comforting me.

"Eh, oh well" I shrugged turning on my feet to group up with the others.

~~~

My body tensed as the factory's alarm beeped and the lights turned red. The door behind me shut and locked and the assembling robot's eyes glowed red.

"They found the Techno Blades" I thought as I reached into my inner coat pocket.

I pulled out a dagger and some miniature metal balls.

"Stay back and stay together" Nya told the children as they cried out in fear. Scout and Indie stayed close to protect them from any danger.

I lept into action pressing the button on my dagger smirking as the energy glowed a bright blue. Pressing a button on one of the metal balls it glowed a bright blue as I chucked it at the entrance I came from. Swiping the dagger at the robots I lopped off metal limbs as I heard the door explode.

"Head that way!" I told Nya and Wu to take the students back the way we came.

"Let's go Asteria!" Nya called as she kicked a saw away from me. Nodding me, Nya, Scout and Indie followed after the kids heading to the exit.

Bursting through the main door I looked out to the streets watching all of the street technology going haywire.

I defended the bus as the kids piled inside.

Charging forth I swiped at the machine and tossed out another bomb. Looking up I saw lasers shoot at the robots.

The others were up above with Zane piloting an aircraft that he hijacked with the Techno Blade. I let out a sigh of relief as they landed nearby.

"Get to the academy as fast as you can, sis. We need the Golden Ninja" Kai said to Nya as she got in the bus to leave.

Her eyes widened "What about you guys?!" She exclaimed.

"We must protect the people" Sensei Wu turned to the four urgently.

Meanwhile I was busy taking care of the rampaging robots I couldn't put my input. "Wait! Don't get Lloyd-" I was cut off by a security robot smashing the ground in front of me.

"Hold on Asteria!" Cole shouted as he used his spinjitzu to get above the enemy. He landed on the machine's back easily taking out some of its core wiring.

When I turned back to the others to tell them why Lloyd needed to stay away, Nya was already gone with the bus of kids, Scout and Indie had gone with them.

The four and I split up to take out a larger scale of haywire machines. I tossed my motorcycle case out allowing it to unfold into my ride before mounting it. I unfolded my helmet covering my face before racing off down the street.

Speeding around I would throw my bombs at the machines to provide cover to Sensei Wu. Meanwhile the old man would help people escape through the sewer system.

After that was done I allowed Sensei to ride on my bike as I rendezvoused with the other four. Robots were surrounding us and converging on our position.

"There's too many! We'll never get out!" Cole shouted as more piled up on all sides.

I threw the last of my handheld bombs and pulled out my laser pistol. I aimed for their cores as I dodged incoming fire.

Kai launched missiles from his red jet saying "Keep fighting. They'll have to run out of batteries at some point."

Missiles attacked Zane's aircraft shaking him up "Well, I'm not so sure about that" he retorted as he steadied himself.

There was a large burst of golden light that blinded my view. When it dimmed I looked around to see the machine's lights were green. Golden dust sparkled on the streets and I grew wary.

The other four cheered as Lloyd flew down atop his golden dragon. "Robots versus ninja? Dare I ask?" He joked as everyone greeted him enthusiastically.

I still sat on my bike looking around on guard with my gun in hand. This was only a temporary fix.

"So you couldn't help yourself. The Golden Ninja we meet again" the Overlord spoke with its face appearing on the tv screens.

"Overlord. I defeated you once, I'll defeat you again" Lloyd glared down the malevolent being.

The Virus darkly chuckled "Oh, I don't want to fight. I just want your power."

I watched the golden power get absorbed into the robots as their lights turned red once more. The robots charged at us once more.

Lloyd stepped up to take care of the issue but Sensei Wu urged him not to. "No, Lloyd your power is only making them stronger."

"But how do we fight?" Lloyd huffed defiantly.

"We don't" I spoke up as I blasted the robots. "Our top priority is to get Lloyd and the Techno Blades out of the city."

"I don't think he'll let us leave" Cole retorted as more gathered around.

Sensei Wu brought the five close "I have an idea, but I don't have much time to explain. Listen close."

~~~

I drove after the five after escaping the city. Sensei Wu had sacrificed himself by diverting the Overlord's attention. This allowed the others and I to slip away with ease.

"We have to go back for him" Lloyd urged over communications as he rode his golden dragon.

"We will, but only when you are safe" Kai replied firmly as the sight of the city was well behind me.

"He wants these weapons, and for some reason, he also wants you. Remember, this was Sensei's plan. They can't break him" Cole reassured Lloyd.

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow is yet to come. We need to worry about today" Zane added in.

"You said it, Zane" Jay agreed with a hopeful tone.

Zane also added in "We will come back to New Ninjago City. And when we do we'll be ready."

"But for now, we find some place safe to hide. They'll be looking for us" Kai finished as I followed closely behind quietly.

~~~

Author's Edit: Oct 12, 2023

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 746 64
Hi guys! Jay here! Nya said that I should write a blog about myself so here it is! I tell you guys all my secrets and my deepest feelings about the...
7.9K 166 15
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, using the Four Weapons of Spinjitzu. The Scythe of Quakes, the Nunchu...
744 24 6
I don't own Ninjago, LEGO does! Also, this wasn't my original idea it was @Lordexploionmurder idea. Even though I'm planning for this story for the p...
88.8K 2.9K 34
When (y/n) was 7, her and her family lived in the amazing city of New York. However, after learning that (y/n) was leaving the house in the middle of...