Trashes of the Counts' Famili...

By rileymilamo33

Adara Thornwin, the best friend of Cale Henituse, and possibly equally as Trash as him, decides to visit her... More

A/N
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
A/N
28
29
30
31
32
A/N
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
˗ ˏ ˋ❆ Winter Special ❆ ˎˊ ˗
˗ ˏ ˋ❆ (The Real) Winter Special ❆ ˎˊ ˗
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Happy Anniversary!
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76

14

537 47 3
By rileymilamo33

The location where the kittens buried the black orb was above their expectations. The Viscount's villa was 30 meters away from the dragon's cave. On and Hong buried the black orb 50 meters away from that cave, in the forest, surrounded by trees and shrubs, where unless a mage was here, nobody would be able to find it.

"You two are kind of amazing," Cale commented.

"Very impressive," Adara remarked, "no one will be able to find it."

On's nose twitched in joy. "Something like this is a piece of cake."

Adara smiled, giving On a head pat.

The five of them were crouched around the location of the black orb, technically the Mana Disturbance Tool. Adara could see the cave, and could slightly hear the knights chattering. She put her hand on the hilt of her sword. She brought it just in case she was planning on using it. But now that she was here, she decided she was going to use it.

"You remember the plan?" Cale asked Choi Han and the kittens. Adara and Cale made up the plan together and went over it multiple times. They had explained the plan on their way over here.

"Say it one more time," Choi Han said, trying to cement the information in his head.

"There are a total of 6 people on guard at this time," Cale said.

Adara knew that dragons were smart, and this Black Dragon was proof of that. While being held captive for four years, the Black Dragon was slowly gathering information. Information about how many people were inside, when the guards patrolled, he gathered all and any information.

There were, approximately, 30 people in the villa. In the beginning, it was close to 100 people, but the number slowly went down once they realised how empty this territory was. In other words, they let their guard down.

Adara pointed to the cave. "There is one high-levelled knight outside the cave entrance, and one inside the cave. Three mid-levelled knights are also outside, as well as two soldiers. The Torturer is at the end of the cave." Adara saw Choi Han flinch after hearing the word 'torturer' but she ignored it. The Mana Disturbance Tool was going to activate soon, they would need to move fast.

"The magic recording devices located from the villa to the cave entrance will not work for 40 minutes thanks to the black orb that On and Hong buried. That is the same for the alarms, magic traps, and anything else. Nothing will work for 40 minutes," Cale informed them.

They needed to tame a dragon, the greatest Magic-Using Creature in this world, without the help of mages. Due to this, Marquis Stan filled the area with magic items. They did not think about Mana Disturbance Tools, so they might have relied a bit too much on magic items. They specifically put fewer guards due to their trust in their magic items. Adara smiled.

Cale had a magic bag on his waist, it was like Adara's spatial-dimension box. It allowed you to store a lot of items in it. They had spent a lot of money getting all of these things. Yet Adara couldn't help but think that the Marquis had spent more.

"I just need to take out the guards?" Choi Han asked.

Adara nodded. "I will occasionally help, might cut off an arm or two, but otherwise it will be all up to you."

Cale nodded. "What she said. You are the only person we can rely on to cover our backs."

Choi Han nodded with a sincere expression. "I will definitely live up to your expectations."

Oh, I'm sure you will, Adara thought. "As we already mentioned, make sure they see your outfit, then knock them out. You can cut off a few limbs, but make sure they can still live to talk about today."

"And don't show them your sword art," Cale added. "You remember what to do after that, right?"

Choi Han nodded. "Yes. I remember it all."

"Good, we'll leave it to you, then," Adra said.

Cale handed him a voice-changing device. It would not be pleasant if he had to talk during the fight and they'd recognise his voice at a later point in time. "It's expensive, so don't break it," Cale instructed. Giving one to Adara too.

"Got it. You do not need to worry about it."

The kittens were wagging their tails, looking intently at Adara and Cale. She guessed they wanted something. "We'll give you a lot of food once we're home."

Apparently, that wasn't the right answer since they did not answer back, they only snorted and turned away. "Meat and cake?" she tried again.

They still did not answer. She sighed, not thinking much about it. She looked at her watch, wanting to know when the Mana Disturbance Tool would start working. Five minutes.

It was dark by now, the moon high up in the sky. It was a starry night. Quiet and tranquil. Except, it would soon be chaotic.

She recalled the conversation they had with Billos.

"The magic items that have been influenced by the Mana Disturbance Tool will instantly stop working, and most of them will turn off to prevent it from blowing up. However, the highest quality magic items will start beeping to signal that they are broken. It isn't like alarm magic, instead, it is more like a clock alarm," he had explained.

"How loud will it be?" she asked.

Billos shrugged. "I don't know where you plan on using it, but it should be loud enough for the enemy to hear." He then smiled. "However, if there are a lot of magic items in the area, it will probably get chaotic with all of the alarms going off at the same time."

Chaotic was enough, chaotic was more than enough.

"Get ready," Cale said to the kittens. They covered themselves in charcoal to hide the colour of their fur, and then they left Adara and Cale's side and disappeared into the darkness. Adara couldn't see them, but she could hear their small paws walking on the earth. Nobody would be able to see them. But they were both confident that the two siblings would follow the plan.

Adara and Cale stood up, Choi Han standing up with them. Something started to vibrate underneath the ground, the Mana Disturbance Tool was starting to activate. They watched their watches, watching as the seconds hand slowly approached the set time. Once it did, they looked up. "Let's go."

Choi Han and Adara then started running to the cave entrance. Adara reached it earlier, pulling her sword out of its scabbard, the fog suddenly settling in. The fog made it difficult for her to see, but that did not matter, she could hear them. And if she could not see, then the enemy could not see. A mid-levelled knight appeared in front of her, she rushed to him and cut off his sword arm. He barely had a chance to see her. The arm fell to the floor with a thump. She gave him a harsh kick to his stomach as he fell to the ground. She moved on.

The Mana Disturbance Tool finally activated, and some of the magic items started to ring loudly. "Hmm, maybe they aren't all the highest quality," she murmured. A soldier heard her, and rushed to her, his sword raised high. She ducked, slicing at his leg. He lost balance and fell on his front. She stomped on his back.

More bodies littered the floor, their breathing was laboured, but she could tell they were alive. They were all soldiers, as far as she could tell.

A bit to the left of her, she heard a voice. "Who are you? How dare you come to this place!" He was talking to Choi Han. She heard the movement of fabric and the clashing of swords. A few seconds later, the Knight fell onto the ground. His breath laboured like the rest.

Another voice appeared. "Shit! What the hell is going on?"

But by this time, Cale had caught up with them. She walked over to him, crouching down to wipe the blood off of her sword on a random passed-out soldier, before sheathing her sword and standing up to look at Cale.

"Poison," he spoke, his voice deep because of the voice-changing device. The fog surrounding them started to expand, red poison seeping into it, so even if the fainted individuals woke up, they would not be able to move for a while.

The high-levelled Knight was staring at them, unsure what to do, or perhaps frozen. His eyes were glued to the symbol on their chest. She smiled. "Cover." Her voice was also deeper. Maybe as deep as Cale's.

Choi Han got rid of the soldier and instantly stood in front of them. He walked over to the cave entrance, Cale and Adara behind him.

"Block them!" the high-levelled Knight shouted. And two mid-levelled Knights charged toward them, their swords glowing, meaning that they had inputted their aura into their swords. However, their blades were instantly cut down, falling to the ground with a clang.

The high-levelled Knight stammered in shock, "W— what the—? Is he a swordmaster?" His voice was both shocked and distressed. The only thing that could cut through an aura-filled sword was a swordmaster's aura blade.

Choi Han wasted no time, after cutting through the enemy's weapons with his aura, which was camouflaged in the darkness, he got rid of the mid-levelled Knights, purposefully dragging out the fight.

Adara turned her head to the villa. Multiple people were approaching quickly, with torches. She could hear their voices. "Intruders!" they yelled. She smiled. The more the better.

The mid-levelled knights, who were fighting with Choi Han, suddenly staggered, before falling down. Their eyes were still open, they could see, but they would not be able to move. "P— poison," one stammered.

"A— assassin," another one spluttered.

Choi Han made them faint before charging toward the high-levelled Knight. Cale and Adara used that as an opening to go through the cave entrance, making sure the mid-levelled Knight who called them assassins saw the six stars before fainting. The kittens had already gone inside, they knew.

Choi Han continued fighting with the high-levelled Knight, dragging it out longer than he would normally need to. He looked behind, verifying that they had entered, then moved to the front of the cave entrance. "Come," he said, looking at all the enemies coming from the villa with torches.

"We leave it to you," they said. Their voices calm though significantly deeper.

Choi Han started smiling. He turned around and started releasing only some of his strength. Dark Destruction Sword Art, was the name of his sword art. His sword art consisted of Darkness and Destruction. Of the two, the force of destruction started to surround Choi Han. The smile was gone now. He was glaring at everyone in front of him. "Nobody can get past this spot." He was someone who always kept his word. The only person who would enter the cave except for Cale and Adara would be him.

Adara, now walking inside, heard a voice panicking further down the cave. "Why, why?" the voice repeated, agitated and terrified. "Why isn't the Magic Crystal Ball working?" That voice belonged to none other than the Torturer. He was the only one still in the cave. Judging by only his voice, he was in a state of chaos.

Once they approached, the Torturer was desperately clutching onto the Magic Crystal Ball, it was one of the emergency backups that Venion prepared. Obviously, it was not working because of the Mana Disturbance Tool, but he did not need to know that.

He turned his head, shaking violently, his eyes shaking as well. "D— don't come here! Do you know what is in here?"

She sighed. Yes, of course we do. That's why we're here. She knew why he was so scared and it wasn't because of them. Another one of Venion's emergency backups. He had a bomb implanted in him, which, if receiving an attack higher than an average person's strength, would instantly blow up. The strength of the blast would blow up the prison, the prison keys, possibly the dragon, but definitely the Torturer and whoever had delivered the blow.

"If you come, everyone here will die!" he exclaimed, still shaking.

Cale clicked his tongue and Adara made a dismissing motion with her hand. Once she did, the fog from the air suddenly headed to the Torturer. On and Hong were somewhere hidden in the shadows of the cave. They watched the paralysing fog surround the Torturer, watched him fall to the floor, clawing at his neck. "Just what—," he choked. "Poison?" He sounded shocked, or well as shocked as one could be while slowly choking. Cale started to rummage through his clothes.

I'll need to take him to the Thornwin Territory, she thought, staring at the Torturer, his body was shaking more violently than before, although this time it was not out of fear, but out of pain. He was unable to talk or move except for the forcible shaking. She didn't pity him. He tortured another being. She would only have wished she could have killed him. Instead, she was thinking about Hong. We have a bunch of poisons from the mutated plants in the Forest of Darkness. He could eat some leaves, and get a whole new array of poisons to put in the fog. She paused, staring as the Torturer convulsed. Ugh, that's not pleasant. Maybe we used too much poison. I don't think he'll die, but I don't really care either way. She continued staring at the Torturer and continued watching until he convulsed one last time and closed his eyes. Cale had the key.

She took her eyes off the Torturer, instead turning to Cale who had the keys in his hands. She snapped her fingers and two little black bundles fell from the ceiling almost instantly. It was On and Hon. Once they came under the torch that Cale was holding, they could finally see the two kittens. She examined them, they did not seem to be hurt. After making sure that they were safe, they walked to the farthest part of the prison.

She could see the dragon, its eyes were still closed, though she could tell it was not awake. The scent of blood was strong. Her hand was on her hilt before she knew it, and she had to purposefully take it off. She could not help it, the scent of blood was not a welcome smell for her.

Cale put the key into the lock and twisted it. The door unlocked with a soft noise. Cale slowly opened the iron gate and entered the prison. It was pretty large, she noted. There were whips and torture tools as well as a luxurious couch where Venion ate his meals. She wanted to slice the couch into ribbons, but she had a more important job.

In the corner of the prison, was a small figure. It was about 1 meter long, and it was laying on a stack of hay. The inner eyelids of the dragon were shaking, but it still had its eyes closed. There were chains on all of its limbs, and the Mana Restriction Chain was on its neck, making it unable to use any mana, or move.

"Hey," Cale spoke. He was crouched in front of the Black Dragon and even then the dragon hadn't opened its eyes. "Let's leave."

Cale used the key to undo the chains. Only then did the dragon open its bright blue eyes. Adara and Cale started to smile when they saw the dragon's gaze. It wasn't the dying gaze Choi Han had killed in 'The Birth of a Hero', it was a very strong gaze. It had not lost its will to live, and it would not, not anytime soon. The gaze was burning with the desire to live, filled with energy, anger, and resistance.

It was the gaze of a great and mighty Dragon.

"Such a pretty gaze," she commented, watching Cale lift the dragon into his arms. Once they were out of the prison, Cale set the dragon down in front of the two kittens.

"That looks like it hurts," On commented, circling the silent dragon.

"So sad," Hong responded.

The dragon showed its teeth and started to growl at them, it was probably the first time it saw something that wasn't human.

Adara checked the time on her watch. She nodded to Cale. They would have just enough time to escape.

"It looks like it hurts," Hong repeated, still circling the dragon. But On had come to Cale, tapping his leg. She seemed to be asking for the potion that Cale brought with them in his magic bag. Cale was the one with the magic bag, so only he could get the potion. "Hold on," he said. They could not use the potion until the Mana Restriction Chains were off. Only then would it work properly.

Adara walked over to the wall opposite the prison. She could hear Choi Han fighting in the distance, from what she heard, he was winning. But that was expected. She walked over to the Torturer and kicked him. He was in the way, but she found joy in watching as he convulsed again. Seems he's still alive, she thought. It does not matter, he will not be able to use his arm. She stomped on his arm, a low moan coming from him as he withered in pain. She sighed. Kicking him in the stomach one last time. Now he's out of the way. She turned to the wall and started patting it. She felt the Dragon staring at her with wide eyes.

Cale appeared next to her. Patting with her. "It should be here somewhere," he muttered. Venion was extremely worried about someone intruding while he was inside, so he prepared a secret tunnel as an escape route if something like what was happening right now ever happen. If the Torturer knew about it, which he didn't because Venion intended for the escape route to be used by him, and only him, he would have probably used it in a second. But, unfortunately for him, he didn't know.

Suddenly, they came across a flat area on the bumpy wall. It was about as big as a person's hand. While Venion looked incredibly weak, everyone in the Marquis Family was required to learn martial arts.

If you punch it in the strength befitting of an above-average person, the wall should open up, Adara thought. Choi Han was done with the battle, she could hear no more swords or yells of pain, and only the sound of someone walking the halls could be heard. He entered a few moments later, bloody.

"All done?" Adara asked though the answer was obvious.

"Yes." He swung his sword in the air to get rid of the blood on it and then approached the two. His gaze shifted to the dragon and he started to frown. It was certainly upsetting to see such a small creature covered in its own blood. The glare in his eyes as he turned to the Torturer was unmissable. He could see his broken hand, limp and bloody, and he also noted the blood on Adara's shoes.

"Choi Han," Cale and Adara called out. The dragon flinched lightly at their synchronisation.

Choi Han reported while still glaring at the Torturer. "As you ordered, I left the escaping workers alone. I also made sure that all of the strong individuals would not be able to fight."

"Good job," they praised.

Adara pointed to the flat area on the wall. "Punch this spot."

"As strong as I can?"

Adara looked at him, shocked. "Dear Gods, no."

"Control your strength. Just pretend you are creating a 10cm dent in this wall," Cale explained.

Choi Han nodded with a passive face. "So, very lightly?"

"Sure," Cale agreed, stepping away, Adara stepped with him. Neither Adara nor Cale would've been able to do it with their bare hands, maybe Adara could've if she gained enough momentum while swinging her sword, but with her bare hands? No way. Maybe she would've been able to kick it.

Choi Han interpreted their gesture as telling him to hurry, so he immediately punched the wall with his fist. The kittens gasped as a chilling screeching noise came out of the wall, and an area the size of the average adult male appeared in the wall. Choi Han picked up a torch.

"Wow," On said, admiring.

"Oh," Hong said, his jaw slack.

Adara walked over to the dragon and picked him up. He was heavy, but not heavy enough that she could not hold him.

"Let's go," they said in unison. At their command, the kittens jumped onto Choi Han's back, as he stepped into the tunnel. Cale followed behind him, with Adara and the dragon at last. The dragon was quiet in her arms, she could only hear its breathing. But she could feel the dragon looking at her, it didn't specifically want to harm her, but it was staring intensely. She didn't expect him to be filled with any gratitude, but while he seemed angry and resentful toward humans, he was also curious.

"Stop staring at me like that."

The dragon opened its mouth. He was speaking lowly, but everyone heard him in the quiet of the tunnel. "You are not human."

She nodded, they were running down the tunnel now. "That's right. I'm not."

His small face scrunched up. "But you smell human."

"That's because I am only half-human." She looked at the dragon in her arms. He was still bleeding, and his blood was coming onto her hands and outfit. It did not matter, blood did not show up on black. He did not trust her, she could tell. He probably thinks we're taking him so we can tame him ourselves. "You will be free."

"When?"

"Now. From today on, you will be free."

He paused. "Humans lie," he hissed.

She could not deny that. "That is true. I do lie often, even if I am not fully human, I think that is the reason I lie so well. But I am not lying right now."

"I do not believe you."

She sighed. "That is not my problem. Whether you believe me or not, we will set you free, with no restrictions. And you will be able to fly."

It seemed like a dream to the Black Dragon. He could not believe it. He refused to believe it. How could a human even give him something like freedom? Even if she was only half-human. And the red-haired human from before. They would never give him anything like that.

~~~

[Fun Fact]: While helping with the transportation of poisonous plants, Adara rememberers hearing something walk on two legs. She thought it might have been a mutated goblin, but she wasn't sure, it seemed too tall for a goblin, even a mutated one, and it was too passive, it just stood there, observing them. Now, she realises, it was Choi Han.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 7K 14
"You die, I die. You live, I live. That's how it goes, isn't it." White star smiled as Cale stood in front of him with the world tree branch. "If th...
31.5K 1.7K 10
[Completed]Og!Cale Henituse attracts all kinds of people with his maxed out charisma stat...Unfortunately that includes kidnappers. Or a string of ba...
492 23 5
'Waste' 'Lout' 'Trash' Those are the names of Cale Henituse, a man infamous for his reputation as a loud, violent, drunkard. The same trash that had...
137K 9.1K 63
A fanfiction for Lout of the Count's Family written by Yu Ryeo Han. I do not own the Lout of the Count's Family. This is just a FANFICTION. Note: Thi...