The Wanderer

By Bloodline_Xox236

Asteria, a young, 16 year old girl who woke up with no memories of herself. She has a hard time remembering s... More

Asteria
Treehouse
Trust Too Easily
Can Of Peanuts
Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
King Of Snakes
Mechanical Heart
Electric Love
Harmonize
The Royal Blacksmiths
New Roomate
The Power Within
All Or Nothing
The Great Devourer
Giant Snake Problem
Fall Of The Great Devourer
Starting From The Bottom
What You Have Is What You Need
Dareth
Pirates Versus Ninja
The Cake Is A Lie
Double Trouble
Ninjaball Run
Child's Play
Wrong Place
Wrong Time
Unresolved Wounds
Stone Army Uprising
Voyage To Sea
Lighthouse In The Storm
Preparation
Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Countdown
Dawn Of A New Era
Resurgence
Silent Fist
Off The Grid
Broken Bonds
Golden Curse
Digitalize
Sibling Bond
Among The Stars
The Two Losses
The Unknown Element
Off The Island
One Can Remain
Stuck In The Present
The Visit
Where Paths Collide
Follow The Wind
Stiix
The Temple
Onto Cloud Kingdom!
Morro
Kidnapped
Curse World
Fame? Or Frame?
Public Enemy
Return Of Sky Pirates
The Island
Escape
A Last Resort
The Wish
The Encounter
Cyrus Borg
Zane
Ed & Edna
The Attack
The Sewers
The Swamp
Gone
The Palace
Serpentine Child
Samurai X
Found
The Quiet One
Resurrection
Garmadon
Oni And Dragons
Lost
Dragon
Power
Heavy Metal
Chased
Captured
FirstBorne
Home
The Black Cloud
Oni
The Proposal
Lazying Around
The New Enemy
Serpentine History
Sacrifice
Farewell, For Now
Never Realm
Fire-Maker
Traveller's Tree
The Land Bounty
Returning
Prime Empire
New Friend
I Am Okino!
Dance-Off
Speedway
Final Keytana
Unagami
Shintaro
Princess Vania
Failed Rescue
Story Of The Two Blades
Fight For Love
Grief Bringer
The Dragonoid Form
Father's Day
Twitchy Tim
Island Of The Keepers
The Gift
Uncontrollable Water
The Signal
Under The Sea
Recharging The Battery
The Merlopians
Benthomaar's Story
The Storm Amulet
Ninjago City
The Goodbyes
Home
Saving Nya
Freeing The Ninja
The Oni Form
Harbor
The End Of The Overlord
Reunited
Land Of The Three Mountains
Crossroads Carnival
Kai And Nya
Cloud Kingdom
Imperium
Dragon Power
The Temple
ArraKore
Golem
Hoarder
The Empress
Only The Beginning
Chronosteel
The Mechanic, Again
The Cook-Off
Nightmares
Battle At Cloud Kingdom
Visions

There Be Pirates

237 8 1
By Bloodline_Xox236

Lloyd hit the punching mitts as he trained. "Good, keep it up." Kai encouraged holding back each of his blows.

I watched with the others as Lloyd punched the mitts on Kai's hands. "Fists of fury!" Lloyd shouted punching the mitts faster growing excited from improvement "You can't even see 'em move, I'm so fast! Ha!"

"Save the gloating, it can only be used against you by your enemy" I reminded Lloyd. "Oh please, I'm ready to face whatever you throw at me!" Lloyd declared as he jumped and kicked Kai but he didn't move very far.

Kai uttered a soft chuckle "Calm down there grasshopper, you're not ready to face my pinky toe" he replied holding up my foot lightheartedly.

Sensei Wu took a sip of tea before saying "I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast Lloyd with lessons from the five ninja."

"Great, now with that lesson over how about some target practice on Kai" Cole proposed smirking to himself while Kai gulped with a growing worry. I snickered slightly and smirked.

"You'll each get your turn" Wu reminded us. "But first I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya" he told Lloyd much to the child's dismay.

"Aww, but when will I learn spinjitzu?" Lloyd sighed with a growing impatience.

Wu sighed reassuring Lloyd "Ah, patience it will only be unlocked when the key is ready to be found."

Cole turned to Jay and Zane "Ha! Sound familiar?" He teased Kai.

Kai raised an eyebrow "I wasn't that whiny" he retorted.

"No, you were worse" Zane corrected chuckling at Kai. "Agreed. Jay told me all of it." I chimed in and made a chuckle.

"Guys I know we're trying to prepare Lloyd for the future, but it's hard to give him the best training in these conditions...no offense Asteria-" Jay said. "None taken" I said and smiled.

"...Yeah, Jay's right. I miss the Destiny's Bounty. Too bad it's gone." Cole added in sighing to himself.

"Hm, I see your point" Sensei Wu replied looking into his cup of tea. "Perhaps we could find somewhere else to aid in his journey."

"I know a place" I piped in earning all of their eyes on me. "I was about to bring it up as an option..." I explained continuing. "I met a friend that owns a dojo, if you ask I'm sure he would allow you guys to train in between his lessons."

"Sounds like a good place to start, you five along with Lloyd should go check it out" Sensei Wu said "Show them where it is Asteria" he asked politely.

"I'll call him and see if he's free" I nodded taking out my phone dialing Dareth's number leaving the room as Lloyd went to his lesson with Nya.

~~~

Gathering outside my apartment I met up with the others after getting permission from Dareth to come over and let them see the dojo.

"It's time we search Ninjago City for a more suitable place to train Lloyd" Wu told us gesturing to me "We'll begin by checking out this dojo you had recommended."

"How are we going to get there? It'll take us all day to get there on foot" Jay complained gesturing to the large bustling city around us.

"And without our golden weapons we have no spinjitzu vehicles..." Zane added in. "But how are we going to get around town?"

I cleared my throat and everyone looked at me. "I have a car." I said and held my car keys.

Kai facepalmed "Right. Forgot..." he said as we all headed to my car. It wasn't parked very far.

"Woah.." Lloyd said in awe and I smiled.

"It can fit seven people so it's perfect." I said and pressed the unlock button as I opened the backseat door.

"It's been a while since I've ridden in a vehicle." Lloyd hummed taking my hand as I helped him get in the car. I got in the driver seat as Jay got in the passenger seat, the others got in the car as the doors were closed.

I put my seatbelt on and turned the car on. "Make sure to keep your seatbelts on." I told everyone and drove out of the garage and towards Dareth's dojo.

~~~

I parked the car as we all had gotten out, I locked the car and put my keys in my pocket.

Cole looked at the sign skeptically "This is where Lloyd is going to train?" He raised an eyebrow looking at me.

"Have any better ideas?" I replied and raised an eyebrow. Meeting my hollow stare it immediately shut him up.

"...Thought so." I sighed leading the way inside.

"Woah...it has more room." Jay smiled optimistically following me, I nod agreeing with him.

Peaking my head into the dojo I walked in warily looking for the man in brown. "Dareth?" I called for him as the others looked around the space.

Dareth emerged from behind the beaded doorway strutting into the room with a cool grin. "Welcome to Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo" he spoke to the others. "I am Grand Sensei Dareth and I dare-th you to join my dojo."

"Hee-ya!" He shouted showing off his moves and struck some poses. The others winced at the sight looking over to me with questionable faces.

He twirled around on his feet and ended up tangled in his beaded door curtain.

"Uh...Dareth?" I asked as he let himself out of his own trap. "Face the wall of karate trophies" he gestured to his shelf that was lined with trophies "My name is on all of them."

He picked up one and gazing into his reflection "That is becasue I am a highly skilled karate machine."

"Dareth you remembered what we talked about on the phone? Can we use the space to train Lloyd?" I gestured to Lloyd who gave Dareth a friendly small wave.

"You see, we've been put in charge of training this little guy to become the greatest ninja in all of Ninjago" Kai added patting the boy on the back.

"Not possible, for I am the greatest in the land. How many trophies do you have?" Dareth asked the others.

"Look pal, we're the people who just saved the city from that giant snake" Jay told him narrowing his eyes.

"Heh, am I looking at Lord Garmadon? Because unless I'm stupid, and I'm not, Lord Garmadon destroyed the Devourer with the help of miss Asteria here" Dareth retorted gesturing to me and I sweat nervously.

"Heh heh, that's been a huge misunderstanding actually-" Jay tried to say but was easily ignored.

"I'll let you train here" Dareth said getting everyone's attention glancing in my direction.

"Consider it a favor for a friend." The four caught his gaze staring at me confused but shrugged it off for now.

"I, grand sensei Dareth, master of all animal fighting styles, wish to see what you have in terms of skill" he declared in a boasting way.

"I know the tiger. Rwar!" He got on all fours to show off the move. "The Python." He stood back up and waved his arms around. "Penguin" he stood still waddling like the animal he's showing off.

Kai put his hood on cracking his knuckles before spinning around with his spinjitzu. I winced slightly as Dareth screamed by Kai pounding him to the ground.

"How did you...?" Dareth asked with wide eyes and bewilderment.

"You may know animals, but we know spinjitzu" Kai replied holding his arms on his hips to look mighty.

"Alright, you lot sure know what you're doing" Dareth sighed getting to his feet gesturing to the equipment. "Enjoy the space."

The four looked at one another and we got right to training the young green ninja.

~~~

I was taking a break from training Lloyd as the others helped the young Garmadon. I was sitting to the side sitting on the window's ledge drawing in a blue notebook.

Dareth took a seat next to me watching the four train Lloyd. I continued to draw in my notebook.

"Asteria can you teach me spinjitzu?" He whispered hopefully.

"Sorry Dareth..I don't know exactly how." I apologized looking at him. "I'm not sure how I even taught it myself."

"Aww..." he sighed looking down at his croissant with a gloomy gaze.

I thought for a moment before proposing "How about I draw one of your Zoojitzu poses?" This made him perk up instantly getting to his feet.

"Really? I'd love that" he smiled striking a pose "Is this alright?" He raised his left hand into the air holding his croissant in all its glory. I nodded turning the page in my book and began sketching Dareth.

I could hear the others.

"You must be light on your feet" Jay said to Lloyd.

I slightly glanced over as Cole stacked wooden boards on a table saying "You may be small but you're strong."

Lloyd concentrated on his inner power before jumping up and striking down on the boards. He split both them and the table in half leaving a large crack in the floor. The others were knocked back by the raw power shaking the foundation under all of our feet.

Zane laid on the floor while Jay was knocked into the wooden beams. Kai facplanted into the wall while Cole dangled from a punching bag holding on tightly.

Dareth fell forward and I caught him. I set him down and glared at the others "You guys could at least be more careful." I scolded.

"Sorry sorry-" Jay apologized to me and I sighed.

"That was the power of the staff of quakes and you did it without the golden weapons!" Kai commented in awe as Lloyd looked down at his hands.

"...He's able to produce elements without weapons." Zane chimed in.

"Really? Cool" Lloyd smiled looking to me.

"With this power you must be careful. You must control it before it controls you" Sensei Wu reminded the green ninja in training.

"I have to admit, not bad for a kid" Dareth added in as he set a plate down next to me. "But instead of ten boards, how about fifty? Stack em boys."

Two boys entered the room at his call holding more wooden boards and started to stack them on cinder blocks. "And perhaps if I, Grand Sensei Dareth, can break through them all, you will allow me to join your team and become the brown ninja!" Dareth added in pulling a brown hood over his head.

"The Brown Ninja" struck a pose as Jay and Cole snickered while I tried to not laugh. Kai and Zane were at complete loss. "Heh, the brown ninja? You gotta be joking" Jay laughed aloud.

"Sorry pal, club is already full" Cole added in shooting him down with an amused smile.

"Okay, okay then maybe this demonstration of my superhuman strength may persuade you" Dareth proclaimed as he walked over to the stacked boards.

Jeffy and Phil were the little boys that set up the boards for Dareth. The two spotted me and ran over to my side to hug me. They sat on both of my sides to witness Dareth's skill.

"Observe" Dareth called as he tried concentrating "I call upon the greatest animal to give me strength, the Dragon."

"Hee-yah!" He roared as he slammed his hand against the boards. The wood didn't even budge under the force of his hand. I could hear the sound of something crack as the brown ninja let out a yelp in pain.

Dareth cried out in pain doubling over to cover his throbbing hand. Getting up from my spot I held him in place gently. Phil and Jeffy followed as they looked at Dareth with worry.

"Breathe through the pain..." I sighed checking his hand for bruising. Dareth let out small yelps of pain with each movement but he tried to keep some dignity intact.

"Nothing is broken, your hand is just sore and maybe bruises" I told Dareth after further observation turning to the two kids.

"Go ice his hand. Please and thank you" I smiled at the pair showing the three out the door.

"Bye Asteria, come back soon!" The kids bade me goodbye as Phil comforted Dareth. I waved with a kind smile watching their retreating figures.

"Just what do you see in him?" Cole laughed wiping the tear from his eyes from laughing. I turned to the others and glared.

"He's a kind man...at least show some respect" I told them and frowned.

I followed the four outside the dojo as they joked about Dareth behind his back. They have only met him and already jumped to conclusions on who he is as a person.

"It's kinda annoying how much he boasts" Jay added in earning nods from the other three as we arrived at my car.

"You guys boast more." I frowned and sighed.

"Uh, guys...?" Cole asked and we turned to him. He pointed to the sky and we looked.

"Hey! That's our ship!" Jay exclaimed.

"But pirates?" Lloyd asked gesturing to the ones aboard the ship.

At a complete loss Zane adds in "Pirates haven't been around for centuries. I sense Lord Garmadon is somehow behind this" he hypothesized. The booster of the ship blew through the city sweeping up a breeze. A newspaper flew up smacking right into Zane's face.

Lloyd looked around "How are we gonna follow them? The car won't catch up to that!"

Kai took out a bus token that Sensei handed him "Perhaps this could be of some use."

"Hm. You guys do that...me and Lloyd are taking the car." I said and smirked as the others piled in the bus and it drove off.

"You ready?" I asked Lloyd as I got in the driver seat and he got in the passenger seat. "Yeah!" He said and I drove off.

~~~

Author's Edit: Sept 13, 2023

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 47 14
The ninja have finally defeated the lava-snake empress, Aspeera! With Kai's Powers back and Ninjago City tidied up once again, the ninja are back to...
7.8K 166 15
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master, using the Four Weapons of Spinjitzu. The Scythe of Quakes, the Nunchu...
543K 7.3K 51
"You're.....the ninja?" "In the flesh." The one in the red commented. "But, I cannot be flesh." The one in silver poked. "I guess you have a point...
11.2K 193 22
Who is willing to save a girl when she is unwilling to save herself? ~*~ Everyone's been bullied. There's no doubt about that. Some more than others...