Night of the Living Bitches...

By __thedynamos__

Two girls finding their way through the apocalypse....what could go wrong? Started: July 7th, 2022 Ended: Oct... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1: New Friends?
Chapter 2: Blood-Soaked Jacket
Chapter 3: You Can't Die
Chapter 4: Never Be Alone
Chapter 5: Calum
Chapter 6: Shopping Center
Chapter 7: Back at the House
Chapter 8: Promise
Chapter 9: Handyman
Chapter 10: Trust Me
Chapter 11: The Barn
Chapter 12: Strictly Platonic
Chapter 13: Annoying Little Sister
Chapter 14: RIP Wawa
Chapter 15: Train Car
Chapter 16: The Crowbar
Chapter 17: Nialls Backpack
Chapter 18: Rabbit
Chapter 19: Tensions Rising
Chapter 20: Truth or Dare
Chapter 21: Taken
Chapter 22: Field of Wildflowers and Stone
Chapter 23: Blender
Chapter 24: Clifford
Chapter 25: Jackpot
Part 26: Party Time
Part 27: Barbie Mobile
Chapter 28: Tea!
Chapter 29: jealousy jealousy
Chapter 30: Leaving Him Behind
Chapter 31: Eggs Smush Wonky
Chapter 32: Crumbing Ground
Chapter 33: Manhattan
Chapter 34: tomatoes
Chapter 35: Uno
Chapter 36: Axe
Chapter 37: The Letter
Chapter 38: Deciding
Chapter 39: Dead Inside
Chapter 40: Love and Loss
Chapter 41: Time
Chapter 42: Grieving
Chapter 43: supply run
Chapter 44: unexpected relations
Chapter 45: Badass Status
Chapter 46: the truth
Chapter 47: Erica vs. Luke
Chapter 48: fighting back
Chapter 49: friends with benefits
Chapter 50: Anniversary
Chapter 51: eyes
Chapter 52: Two Weeks Late
Chapter 53: pinky promise
Chapter 54: Zombie Killer
Chapter 56: Any Day Now
Chapter 57: Seven Years Later
Chapter 58: Brown Leather Jacket
Chapter 59: Hunting
Chapter 60: Airborne
Chapter 61: hospital
Chapter 62: Turned
Chapter 63: Taking Charge
Chapter 64: Backlash
Chapter 65: Blood and Guts
Chapter 66: Decisions
Chapter 67: Petty
Chapter 68: Lower Your Weapon
Chapter 69: A Strange Encounter
Chapter 70: Haunted
Chapter 71: Grieving
Chapter 72: Cabin in the Woods
Chapter 73: rambo
Chapter 74: Duffle Bag
Chapter 75: Reunited
Chapter 76: A Week
Chapter 77: Glamorous Living
Chapter 78: Hot Chocolate
Chapter 79: Missing Jewlery
Chapter 80: A Dream
Chapter 81: Staying In Position
Chapter 82: Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Chapter 83: the final era

Chapter 55: Him

8 3 0
By __thedynamos__

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

--Erica's POV--

I step into the creek and wash the fresh blood off my hands as Blake stands guard. The only thing we have found for miles are walkers. No supplies, no food, and no animals to hunt. Either the changing seasons are making everything scarce or this area is becoming harder to live in, "Do you want to hit one more house before we go back?" he asks as I wipe my wet hands on my pants.

"Yeah, we should head north. Luke and Ashton cleared out past Hurth Street a while ago," I tell him as I point in the direction we need to go. He nods his head and secures his knife in his holster as we start walking again. We make it to the main road and get into the car to make this go by faster. I reach out to grab the door when metal is placed against my temple.

"Move and she dies," The woman says to Blake as he goes for his gun. He puts his hand back on the steering wheel as she continues speaking, "Step out of the car nice and slowly. I don't want to hurt anyone," she says as I follow her out. She makes eye contact and she looks scared.

"You don't have to do this," Blake says as he keeps his hands behind his head. She kicks his legs to make him kneel and I clench my jaw trying to restrain myself.

"This isn't personal. I haven't eaten in days," she says as she scavenges the back of the truck. I turn to Blake and he's staring at the sky. I turn to see her pause when she finds the box full of baby toys and clothes, "Oh my god you have a baby," she says putting her hand on her mouth.

"Are you alone?" I ask slowly standing up when she puts her gun down, "If you don't do anything stupid we can all walk away from this," I tell her as she puts her head in her hands.

"This isn't me. I don't do this. My group...." she cries. Blake takes her gun off the truck and puts it into his waistband as we stare at the girl, "They all died. We woke up one night screaming and we all ran in different directions. I hid till morning and then went back to see them all moving as one of those things," she says as I squat down next to her with a bottle of water.

"Were you watching our group?" I ask remembering the feeling of being watched. She nods her head as she thanks me for the water, "Why?".

"You know what kind of people are out there. I didn't want to knock on the front door without knowing which kind you were," she says. I look at Blake and he looks unimpressed by her sob story. I stand up next to him and he doesn't give me a second before he's grilling the girl.

"So, why rob us now? Figured we looked weak and you could take us? Or did you become desperate?" he asks making her back up away from him. I grab his chest and push his back telling him to chill.

"How can we trust you?" I ask standing in between them. She wipes the tears away and stands up looking behind me to convince him, "Don't look at him. Look at me. How can we trust you after you pull this shit?" I ask. She shakes her head and starts begging for us to take her back to the camp. She can't do this anymore without people. She tells us her last job in her old community was to farm and take care of kids. Blake pulls me to the side of the truck where he can keep an eye on her.

"Do you trust her around Kyleigh?" He asks.

"Stop. Think about this. She's weak and she just lost all of her friends. You do fucked up things when you are desperate," I tell him.

"It's on you if she fucks something up," he says with a small smile. I roll my eyes and walk back over to the girl standing there nervous.

"We will bring you back but we are going to tie your hands," I tell her. She eagerly nods her head and thanks us for taking her in, "If you make one wrong move we are sending you on your way," I tell her.

"My name is Erica. This is Blake," I tell her as I finish tying her wrists.

"Bailee"

I nod my head and put her into the passenger seat of the car and tell Blake to hurry. A couple walkers are walking out of the woods as I hop into the back. I tap the back and he pulls away just as a walker gets close to me. It doesn't take us long to get to our place and when we do Reece and Ashton give us weird looks. We haven't brought in anyone for a while and with our supplies being low it's not the best time.

"Holy shit...how many people live here?" she asks looking around at all the houses and people walking by. Blake and I both ignore her before stopping outside of the main house. Blake says he will watch her while I get the group. When I walk in Kyleigh and Luke are on the couch talking and they look at me excited.

"Find anything good?" Luke asks standing up.

"We brought someone back....and we might have found a crib and some baby toys," I tell them with a bright smile, "Do you know where Jensen is? I'm not in the mood for a welcome tour right now," I tell them getting suspicious eyes.

"Where did you find this person?" Kyleigh asks. I tell her the story about how she held a gun to my head and they look uneasy with her being here.

"We can have someone keep an eye on her until she settles in," I tell them as we walk out the front door. I see Blake and her laughing and her hands are free. I stand back a little and let Luke talk to the girl as Kyleigh goes to get Jensen. He's better at introducing people to this place and we know he's got a script in his mind.

"You good?" Blake whispers as he walks back to watch Bailee and Luke talk. His eyes linger on Bailee as she smiles when Luke points to the front gates where some kids are running around.

"I just don't know how I feel about this," I tell him.

"You were the one who stopped me from interrogating her and now you're weirded out?" He asks moving his gaze from her to me. I shrug my shoulders and continue watching as Jensen walks over with his usual happy smile. The pair walk off shortly after so he can show her the farm and the pantry where we hand out food every day.

"What's her name?" Kyleigh asks.

"Bailee," Blake tells her as we walk to the truck. The guys grab the crib and carry it all the way upstairs leaving Kyleigh and me alone.

"How are you feeling?" I ask hopping onto the lift to hand her some light boxes. She gets distracted by a tiny blue elephant stuffed animal in the box and leans on the back, "You okay?" I ask.

"Weirdly enough I'm perfect. Still a little scared about giving birth during the apocalypse but Reece came running in with a book on natural deliveries. He said he's going to make it his life's mission to make this as easy as possible," she says making me laugh.

"Why are you ladies chitchatting while we carry the heavy boxes?" Blake asks making Luke push his shoulder.

"My girl is pregnant. What's your excuse?" Luke asks looking at me. I scoff and throw a stuffed animal at his head as I grab two boxes full of random shit. I walk to their room and toss the shit on their bed before shutting the door behind me. I lean on the railing and look down seeing the three of them 'chitchatting'.

"I'm gonna go hunting to see if I can find anything better for dinner tonight. Might start hoarding some of my catches for Kyleigh," I tell them as I start walking down. She shakes her head and then sees all of our reactions and chooses to just agree to save us from an argument, "I'll be back late. Don't wait up," I tell them going into the garage. I go to shut the door behind me and see Blake following me.

"Want me to come with?" he asks. I shake my head and grab Abigail's bow and arrow. Since we are low on ammo it's better to hunt with this, I have been meaning to train with it anyways, "Are you sure?" he asks holding onto the quiver as I start walking out.

"Yes. You have to be here in case Bailee is some psychopath," I tell him. He gives me a look not letting go of my bow. I soften my eyes and put a hand on his chest, "Seriously, I need you here with Luke," I tell him with a quick kiss on his cheek. He passes me a backpack and I say a small thank you before walking out of the house.

_

_

"Welcome back," Ashton says as he opens the door for me, "Nothing?" he asks worried that I don't have anything. I shake my head and he gives me a small frown before putting his arm around my shoulder. The twins take over for watch as the two of us walk to the house. I go to ask about Bailee when I hear her laugh in the kitchen of our house. Ashton brings me over and she's standing in the kitchen with everyone.

"Find anything?" Luke asks as he slides a plate over. I shake my head and grab a fork before sitting on the counter where everyone is speaking. I watch as Blake talks to Bailee and doesn't even notice I'm there. Kyleigh's face goes between him and me and I just ignore it.

"What's the plan for tomorrow?" I ask as Reece and Ashton walk over.

"I was thinking of expanding the farm because of the increase in people," Reece says, "And then Ashton was thinking about scavenging with some of the new trainees," He adds.

"I'll go with you to help make sure everything goes smoothly," I tell him.

"I'll go. Is that okay?" Bailee asks interrupting our conversation.

I quickly shake my head, "No, you have to stay here".

"Why? Isn't it better to have more people with us?" He asks, "It's not like she can't take care of herself," he says making me tilt my head back in shock.

"Fine. Just don't be a liability"

The room goes silent as I finish my meal and put the plate in the sink to be washed later. I give everyone a smile and go upstairs to get some sleep since it's already late. Just as I finish changing there's a knock at my door. I expect it to be Kyleigh so I say come in but it's Blake, "You good?" He asks shutting the door behind him.

"Just tired"

"Why did you snap at Bailee? She was just offering to help," He says.

"Sorry didn't realize you guys were so close," I say offering a fake smile.

"Alright talk to me when you're done being a child," he says as he walks out. I laugh and shut the door behind him. I didn't think getting sleep would be so difficult.

-

-

In the morning everyone who is going with us today is gathered up. Jensen and Ashton put them in a line and give me my gun, "Erica will take it over from here. She has a more aggressive touch to these kinds of things," Jensen says making Ashton laugh. I see Kyleigh and Luke on the stairs as the small group we have lined up in front of me.

"Listen. This isn't some practice round where I can promise everyone will be okay. We watch each other's back," I tell them pacing from left to right in front of them, "Everyone will be put into pairs. Watch out for your partner. If they get stuck and you run don't bother coming back. If your partner goes down and there is nothing you can do.....don't try and be a hero," I state stopping in front of the twins, "And lastly. Everything and I means everything we find is for the group. You will put it in the trunk of the cars and we will continue dividing it among the houses. Selfishness leads to death. I'm going to assume no one wants to die here, right?" I ask stopping in front of Bailee.

"Sir yes sir," she jokes making some of the group members laugh.

"Oh shit. You're right maybe I should just let you guys run in there and kill each other over a fucking candy bar. Or maybe we can let you guys go alone and see if you can survive," I say eyeing the way the twins fall back in line, "That's what I thought," I smirk looking back at Bailee. I stop in front of the door and open it up, "Load up". When the last person leaves the house the group comes down.

"That was a little harsh don't you think?" Kyleigh asks passing me my backpack as Luke secures his, "You," I say pointing at him, "Are not coming".

"I don't really think that's your choice," he says with a small laugh.

"You're not going. End of story. Kyleigh will not raise your child as a single mother. Now go and help around here. We got this," I tell him taking his backpack and giving it to Blake. Ashton and Jensen tell him I'm right before walking outside.

"Blake, Reece, Ashton, Jensen, and I got this," I assure him with a small hug to the couple. Blake pokes his head back into the house and tells me to hurry up making Kyleigh smile.

"Have fun," she says as I walk to the door.

-

-

Ashton bangs on the outside window and we all hold up waiting for any signs of life. Minutes later Reece and I open the doors for Blake and Jensen to do an initial sweep. I move my arm and motion for the group to go as Reece and I stand outside. Once we are all inside we shut the front door and turn out flashlights on checking over the shelves. Everything seems to be picked over but many some of these people will be good scavengers.

"Look at how cute this is," Reece whispers holding up clothing pins that look like little monkeys. I smile as he puts them in his bag as I look at more baby books. I know we have a while before we need them but it's adorable. Suddenly a large bang emanates from a couple aisles over making us both jump. I pull my knife out and slowly walk over seeing one of the twins trapped under a shelf. Reece and I ask if he's okay and they just give an embarrassed yes. We lift it up just enough for them to crawl out. He gives us a weak smile before backing away from that section. I check the sign and see he was looking at the condoms making him quickly walk away in shame.

"I'm gonna go make sure everyone is okay," I whisper to Reece, leaving him in the home and garden section. I use my flashlight and shine it down a few empty sections before seeing Blake and Bailee relaxing on beach chairs, "Comfy?" I ask before walking away. Everyone out here is doing work and these assholes are getting comfortable. I hear some walking from behind me and turn around expecting it to be Blake and come face to face with a walker. I jump as it lunges at me. My feet stumble over a fallen shelf sending me to the floor. I grunt as the walker falls on top of me and tries to bite my neck. I try and get my knife in the right position to stab it but my hand it falling through its decomposing chest. Its teeth come close to my face as I turn to the side trying to push it off me. My eyes widen as a blade comes centimeters from my eye making my body freeze.

"Shit are you okay?" Jensen asks helping me to my feet after he pulls the body off of me. I stand up and see no one else around me and feel my blood boil. I tell Jensen a thank you before storming back to where Bailee and Blake are relaxing.

"Truck. Now"

Bailee doesn't hesitate when she sees the blood all over my face from Jensen's blade. Blake stands up and I shove him back so he doesn't get close to me, "You...This," I tell him motioning between us, "Done". I tell him before walking off to the truck. I grab a bandana from the front and use the mirror to get all the blood off me. I see Bailee walking over in small strides as she puts her knife in her waistband.

"I didn't know you and him were something," she says. I clench my jaw and try not to curl my hand into a fist as I turn around to look at her.

"We aren't. Do you see what happens when people fuck around and get lazy?" I ask as she stares at the ground, "People get hurt. Did you even care to look and see why someone was screaming?" I ask making her wince at my tone. I see some other people from our group coming out with their bags full to dump them into the truck. I give her one final look before walking back inside to find Jensen. I turn the corner and see him with Reece looking at seeds.

"Anything worth taking?" I ask as I drop my bag to the floor and start searching. Jensen whispers something to Reece making him excuse himself. I turn him and see him standing up straight. I copy his posture and bite my lip.

"You and Blake?" he asks.

"No. He was too busy messing around to make sure someone was dying a couple feet away," I tell him.

"Maybe you're jealous another girl is talking to him," He says making me scoff.

"Jensen, you saw how close that walker was too biting me. If you weren't there I would be dead," I tell him.

"The only reason I saw you was that I was passing by in the aisles. Sounds echo off these walls and I was on my way to find where the one bang came from," he says.

"I screamed and he was in the next aisle over," I point out.

"You didn't scream," he tells me, "Erica, you were basically silent. He had no way to know you were even in danger. If he did you know that he would be the first one running over to help you," He says. I close my eyes and wipe my face with my hands, "Why aren't you and Blake together?" he asks. I look at him and try to come up with an answer which only makes him smile wider.

"Erica, you have to let yourself enjoy things. Calum wouldn't want you to use him as an excuse to not be happy," he says looking at the ring around my neck, "You can put up this tuff act all you want. But I knew you when you were a lovestruck girl who hated going out alone," he says making me smile.

"I miss talking with you," I tell him as he pulls me in for a hug. He doesn't say anything as he pushes me in the direction of where he saw Blake, "Jensen...I just made this big scene and..." I tell him trying to stop us from going forward.

"Just get over yourself and let the man love you god damn it"

He hears Reece over the walkie saying the truck is full and he glares at me, "If you don't talk to him before tonight I'm gonna lie and tell him you're pregnant," he says making me laugh.

"I will"

-

-

"Woah, who found this?" Kyleigh asks as she holds up the hundreds of seeds we packed. Reece smiles humbly in the corner as we start dividing everything between supplies and food. Sadly we didn't find much food we can eat right away but it's a start. I see a small package of pads and remember one of the families asking me to grab some.

"I'm gonna go make a late-night delivery," I tell them grabbing the package. Everyone continues to do their work as I step out into the night. There's a small breeze circling the houses making it feel less hot. The sun going down definitely made it less humid, "Erica," Blake calls making me turn around. I slowly continue walking as he catches up to me. I tell him to hold on a second and place the package on their doorstep for her to find in the morning.

"I was gonna stop by later tonight to talk," I tell him looking at the few water droplets falling from his messy hair. Some of the group separated to go take showers cause of the heat. He stays silent as we make it to their house and I stand by the door, "I was scared and...I'm sorry for freaking out on you," I tell him shuffling in my spot. He makes my breath get caught in my throat as he puts his hand on my cheek to have me look at him.

"You were right. If I wasn't so distracted and was actually helping you wouldn't have been in that position," he says sliding his thumb over my skin, "If anything were to happen to you I wouldn't forgive myself," he says as I bite the inside of my lip.

"I was jealous and it's dumb and unfair to you. I was the one who told you that we couldn't date. Why wouldn't you move on when another girl comes along?" I tell him with a small smile.

"Move on? Jealous?" he asks genuinely shocked, "What are you talking about?" he asks as he moves his hand down to my waist.

"When I came back from hunting you guys seemed close...I saw the way she was looking at you," I tell him confused why he is confused, "You were sitting down on a scavenge....you never sit down outside of these walls," I point out making him laugh.

"Did you even hear what we were talking about?" He asks as I shake my head, "You. You idiot. She was asking about everyone and I got caught up talking about you that she had us sit down," he says making my cheeks light up.

"Why? Surely Reece is far easier to talk about," I tell him.

"I got stuck talking about your eyes and how they look when you're fighting. And how much they change depending on how you're feeling that day. Or the way they look when they are staring right back at me. And how they become so bright in the sun it's hard to not get distracted, "He says as I meet his gaze.

"Blake..."

"Just say yes," he whispers as I look between his eyes and his lips. I do as he says and he closes the distance between us, moving his lips against mine in urgency as he lifts my legs around his waist. I pull away as he drops us onto the couch making me laugh at the way he's looking at me. He brushes the hair that fell onto my face behind my ear as I cup his face in my hands.

"What made you change your mind? You know besides my charm and good looks," he says making me roll my eyes.

"Jensen.....he told me to shut up and get over myself. He also threatened to tell you I was pregnant," I say making his eyes widen, "Which I'm not. calm down," I tell him laughing.

"Make sure to remind me to thank him," he whispers before kissing me again as I feel him smiling against my lips. Maybe Bailee was good for the group after all...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197 41 40
you live the perfect life. you have a boyfriend and an amazing friend who you now all you're whole live, you do things that you love the most. ever...
42.7K 1.2K 35
SEQUEL TO BROKEN Every time life seems to be going well something has to interrupt the fun, and this time hell is speeding towards Calum and Maddie l...
21.6K 1.7K 53
~𝓚𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓶𝔂 𝓼𝓸𝓾𝓵, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓭𝓲𝓮~ Started: 18/10/2018 Finished: 20/04/2019
6.1K 410 21
One step can change your life; √ Luke Hemmings + Ariana Grande √ Calum Hood √ Ashton Irwin √ Niall Horan √ Zombies 1.24.16.-2.15.16