Business (completed) |H.S|

Door Into1D

1D watty awards winner | Completed| Harry Styles is a psychology student with a bright future, but when his m... Meer

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Thank you and announcements :)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! PLEASE READ
Chapter 36
TEARS
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 63 + thank you so much
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Final Chapter
Sequel (Please read)
New book: Between Devil and Satan

Chapter 39

1.8K 74 25
Door Into1D

HELLO EVERYONE. THE VOTE GOAL WASN'T REACHED BUT I REALLY REALLY WANTED TO UPDATE BECAUSE IT's MY BIRTHDAY TODAY. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY . I THINK I'M VVV HAPPY TODAY SO I MAY POST A SELFIE ON INSTAGRAM! :)

VOTE AND COMMENT DON'TFORGET TO VOTE FOR ME DAILY AT THE WATTYS!

---

DEDICATION TO MY ALMOST BIRTHDAY TWIN, LOVE YOU MIKA :) HAVE A GOOD ONE! x

---

- Ice Age II - a nice documentary about Ice Age -

*39*

Evelyn's POV

"This photo shoot is damn annoying." I mumbled, sighing deeply. The last photographs were taken under the courtyard. I could see from Payne's face his fatigue after the nightstand for the whole work.

"Not forcefully. There are some interesting things to watch." He smiled, looking at the four persons on the set. We were a few meters away from the set, sheltered in the shade of the mansion. We'd been there after getting proper clothes on, impatiently waiting for our leaving. I couldn't wait to leave this filthy house. Unfortunately, the photo shoot wouldn't be over before one hour.

"So, what do you want to do?" He asked, leaning against the high walls.

"Um, I don't know. " I replied, whirling towards him. His hair was glued to his forehead, hiding his view as well.

"So do you have any pastime?" he inquired, raising one brow. I only shrugged the question off, not finding anything to reply. "Tell me something you like..." My mouth was definitely shut, due to the hard thinking I was making. I guess all I did in the past years was studying. "Anything."

I could read some pity in the deep eyes.

"I like riding." I stated, my eyes looking to sky. The words came out a bit unsure, as if I said it totally randomly.

"I wasn't talking about sex, Evelyn." He chuckled lightly. I harshly poked his shoulder, making him yell at me a 'what'.

"I wasn't talking about sex, idiot! Riding a horse!" I yelled at him. I didn't know whether I should laugh or not since I could understand Styles' reaction.

"Oh, sorry." He said, ending up laughing cheekily. He uncomfortably shifted from his place and placed himself in front of me. "But I have to say I couldn't think of anything else but this."

At his words, the scene when Michael told him I loved riding came back in my memory. So the only thing up to his mind when it comes to me, is sex?

"So do you know any place where we could ride a horse over here?" He asked, holding his laughter back. However, I exploded before he did. My laughs resulted into a general laughter between us.

"Let's forget this word exists." I yelped, putting my hand above his shoulder to hold myself up. "But I know a place. I mean I knew a place, but I'm not sure if it does still exist."

-- -- -- -- -- --

The old big building in front of us didn't really look like the majestic place where I used to take my riding classes. The woods had taken over the building where the horses sheltered in their boxes. The white enclosure became brownish and surely got destroyed by the frequent rain and the lack of maintenance.

Styles and I had left the mansion by car that we had filled up, this time. We didn't bring any phone, to make sure no grumpy Payne would disturb us during our escapade. The equestrian center was in the same village as the mansion, it was just at the other side.

Hoping the place still held its old role, we entered the building. It smelled excrement and horses. The boxes lined up the building, as the majestic animals neighed due to our presence. My eyes wandered in the place that didn't seem to change too much, still dark and nauseating. I ran towards the back of the stable, I remembered last time I put my feet in this place, I saw a young foal. It should be older, now.

I looked for it in the horseboxes, but I didn't find any white horse.

"Hey Evelyn! I'm still here, remember?" Styles woke me up from my excitement. I turned towards him with the largest smile I ever had on my face. He reluctantly approached me, removing the sunglasses from his eyes.

"Oh of course. Sorry, the last time I had been touching a horse was when Zayn took me to the equestrian center, last year." I murmured, seeing the horses became a bit nervous when we entered. I came closer to old-looking animal, holding out my hand. This one was overly nervous so I brushed its mane with the palm of my hand. The animal progressively calmed down to my stroke. When it stopped neighing, I slowly pulled myself away, turning towards Styles.

His eyes were stuck on me and a weird grin crept on his lips.

"What?" I questioned, astonished with his odd face.

"I've never seen your eyes sparkle this way." He revealed, looking at the horse. His hands were shoved in his pockets. "So I bet you love riding a lot, how did you start?"

"Oh, we had choices for our extra-curricular classes in Rosenberg school: riding, dancing or sewing. All I wanted was to go out of the mansion and I chose riding. But I ended up liking it, actually." I said, remembering my first days of equestrian classes.

"Whoa. I didn't expect you to like horses. Mrs. All Clean." He mocked, crossing his arms above his strong chest.

"Some dirt doesn't kill." I said, stroking the head of the animal one more time, to his astonishment.

"I thought you had too high standards to like this sport. I'd have said you were just more into um... how to act like a witch classes." He joked, sticking his tongue at me.

If I didn't want to laugh, I'd have given him a good slap on his cheek. However, how could I even think of slapping him as he made me laugh?

"Sorry for my reaction, you're just surprising me a lot these last days." His voice hissed, breaking the few inches of space between us. I could clearly see his intentions through his intense gaze.

I wanted to kiss him, over and over again. May his lips never leave mine! At the precise moment, his lips were within arm's reach. They were a delicious temptation to which I would let myself give in. His arm slowly wrapped around my waist, making me chuckle slightly.

"I didn't know I was that surprising." I admitted, snaking my arms around his prominent neck.

"Hey you!" Someone yelled in an alerting tone. I spun around, unfolding my arms from his neck. My head flicked towards the door where an elderly man stood holding a shotgun. A dog followed him, excessively barking.

As the man pointed the weapon towards Styles and I, my heart jolted with fear. I held my breath in nervousness, but Styles grabbed my hand. He pulled me behind him to protect me from any harm. I wasn't too scared of the man to hold Styles until he wouldn't breathe. My hand only remained in the palm of his. I peeked at the angry man, upon Styles' shoulder.

"What are you doing here? It's a private property!"

"We're just-" Styles tried to explain, but the man stepped in, approaching the gun closer to us. He was cut off when the man started to talk in another language. Surely, some curse words to express his infuriation.

"You wanted to steal my thoroughbred?" he asked, his steps led him towards us as he scrutinized our faces.

"We don't want to steal your horse, we're just here for stroll on a horse!" Styles explained, slowly stretching one of his arms towards the owner. "Now, would you put this gun down so we can talk calmly?"

The man looked reluctant, seemingly hostile to any type of interaction with other people. Large drops of sweat ran down his forehead. But I couldn't totally see him due to the large hat on his head.

"We'll pay you!" I interfered, a bit unsure of my words since I feared a bad reaction from the man. Maybe the appealing word would make him drop his gun so none of us would be hurt.

"Evelyn, I can manage this." He murmured to me, dropping my hand. Fucking arrogant man! I could manage it as much as he could. I wasn't fragile at all.

"Who are you?" he asked, slowly putting the gun down. But we still could feel him tense around the two strangers we represented to him. His dog, a German shepherd came nearer and ran around us.

"I'm Harry and this is Eve." He introduced us, slowly checking on me. "And as I said, we're here for riding."

Styles' diplomacy happened to work more smoothly than my proposition of money. Every day, Styles just proved me that his charm and his voice could convince anyone without raising the tone. My hand clutched around his arm, slowly walking out of the place, I was hidden in to see the man.

"I don't rent out my horses. Now, get out of my property and ask someone else. There are other places!" he hissed, not even caring of the two of us. He shoved a cigarette into his lips, turning yellow because of his obvious frequent séances of smoking.

"Let's go Eve!" Styles said, pushing me towards the door. However, I didn't want to go.

"No! I'm staying here, I want this horse!" I said, pointing to the young one I had previously caressed. "I'm not going anywhere else!"

The man looked up to me as he shoved his lighter into his pocket. One of his eyebrows raised and his dark eyes scrutinized me one more time.

"Evelyn? Evelyn Sethi?" he asked, finally dropping the gun to the floor.

"Yes, and you are?" I asked, folding my arms above my chest. Walking closer to him, I saw him taking off his hat.

"It's been long years so you may not remember, I was your instructor here." His voice calmly said after the whole tensed conversation. I could slowly reminisce of his face, still as old as in my memory and this ounce of audacity in the eyes.

"Mr. Julien? You aren't dead?" I didn't mince the words so much I was surprised. I actually couldn't believe he was still alive since I was reported he died to oldness.

"I'm not, as you can see!" he replied, laughing patting me on the shoulder.

Styles marched and stopped in between the two of us. He looked at me, then to the man with an astonished expression.

"Can you two explain me?" he asked, cocking one brow. "You know him?"

"Oh, Mr. Julien was my teacher." I replied, smiling at the man. "And he's still alive!"

Mr. Julien crashed the smoke of his cigarette on Styles and I's faces, making the both of us wince.

"So you're telling me this paranoid man who tried to kill us knows you?" he asked, running his hand through his hair. I could understand his confusion. The last minute, this man had attempted to shoot us down and probably kill us and now, he was literally nice to me.

"Yes. He just didn't recognize me." I explained shortly to defend Mr. Julien.

"Yes, you're a woman! When I last saw you, you had braids and you were as tall as a pony!" he laughed at me, remembering my ridiculous outfits. "Now, look at you: you're a beautiful woman with a boyfriend!"

Both Styles and I turned to the man with astounded faces.

"No we aren't together!" we both said, shaking our heads awkwardly.

He let out a very mocking laugh that embarrassed me a lot. The smoke left from his nostrils as he made his way out of the stable. Then, he slightly spun around and scrutinized us.

"Don't lie to me. I saw you two." He chuckled. He smiled at us, making his eyes disappear under his eyelids.

"But still!" I snapped at him, stepping forward.

"Keep your strength for the stroll!"

I looked back at Styles, flashing him a huge smile. I'd get what I really wanted. He just put his thumbs up and followed the old man out of the stable.

"Hope you like pork chop for lunch." He stammered inaudibly because of his cigarette between his lips.

"Oh, we don't think we can stay here." Styles said, checking his watch. I knew it was almost noon, however, saying no to Mr. Julien would break him. He'd surely insult and curse us for not accepting his rare hospitality.

"You have to stay, I insist. And we have to feed you a bit. You look like skeletal bull." He yelled at Styles before finally leaving the stable.

I ended up laughing like crazy at the comparison that made Styles go red like a... bull.

"A skeletal bull?" he repeated, crossing his arms above his chest. He breathed heavily, seemingly pushing away his obvious anger.

"Yes, he's hilarious." I replied, choking on my own laughter. He just slightly smiled at me, taking my hand into his as we headed towards the back of stable where Mr. Julien's house was.

JUST WANNA THANK YOU ALL FOR THE BIRTHDAY WISHES. 18 was the first song I heard as an 18-year-old girl. Just the best! I HAD SOME FRIENDS AND COUSINS OVER AND WE ALL GOT CRAZY. WITH PIZZASSS!

ZAYN's HAIR!! HAHAHA I MEAN ZAYN's LACK OF HAIR AHAHHAHAH

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

30.8K 753 12
Harry's struggling with anxiety and depression, and Louis' trying his best to help the love of his life. Their relationship is tested when Harry's me...
107K 2.1K 63
Sometimes you feel a connection with someone so strong, that it's almost like you're crashing into them. Joselyn Myers knows the feeling well, liter...
437K 6.9K 67
*THE STORY IS NOT LIKE DARK* Harry Styles. What do you think of when you hear that name? Sweet? Generous? Hot? Cheeky? Yes, Harry is all of those thi...
13.2K 360 12
I looked up at him, unsure of what just happened. I saw the blood glistening off of his gold H ring as he pushed my hair out of my face, scanning my...