VIRUSHKA: The Fairytale

By eilyywrites

Every lovestory is special but when the lovers crosses all the hurdles and problems life throws at them toget... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1: False Allegations
Chapter 2: THE PROPOSAL
Chapter 3: VIRAT'S DECISION
Chapter 4: MEETING THE TEAM
Chapter 5: LUNCH
Chapter 6: FINALLY ACCEPTED
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 7: THE FOOTBALL MATCH
Chapter 8: MOLESTATION
Chapter 9: MISUNDERSTOOD RELATIONS
Chapter 10: CLEARED CONFUSIONS
Chapter 11: MUSICAL RIDE
Chapter 12: PARTY NIGHT
Chapter 13: THE BEST DANCE
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 14: FUN AT KOHLI MANSION
Chapter 15: SURPRISE
Chapter 16: WARDROBE MALFUNCTION
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 17: SORTING THINGS OUT
Chapter 18: FUN BEFORE FLIGHT
Chapter 19: THE PAPARAZZI TORTURE
Chapter 20: BREWING FRIENDSHIP
IMPORTANT
Chapter 21: SHOPPING SPREE
Chapter 22: THE WORKOUT CHALLENGE
Chapter 23: SUPPORT
Chapter 24: GETTING THE GOALS RIGHT
Chapter 25: THE 'NON-DATE'
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 26: SLEDGING
Chapter 27: INJURY AND THE PAST
Chapter 28: SHARING THE PAST
Chapter 29: GETTING NORMAL
Chapter 30: THE LAST MATCH
Chapter 31: VICTORY CELEBRATION
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 32: THE FIRST DATE
Chapter 33: REALISING THE FEELINGS
INSTAGRAM
CHAPTER 34: THE SECOND DATE
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 35: REUNION
Chapter 36: STARTING THE JOURNEY
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 37: ENJOYING TOGETHERNESS
Chapter 38: JOINING FOR IPL
Chapter 39: THE WORKOUT FUN
Chapter 40: MUSICAL EVENING
Chapter 41: IPL SEASON ENDS
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 42: TELLING THE FAMILIES
NOTE
Chapter 44: INFORMING THE TEAM
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 45: THE BIG MATCH
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 46: THE ARGUMENT
Chapter 47: FAREWELL MISS MANAGER
Chapter 48: THE FAM JAM
Chapter 49: 'NUSH' LAUNCH
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 50: DILLI DARSHAN
Chapter 51: THE MISHAP
Chapter 52: FALLING APART
Chapter 53: LIVES WITHOUT EACH OTHER
INSTAGRAM
Chapter 55: THE NIGHT OUT
Chapter 56: THE BEST BOYFRIEND
INSTAGRAM
A/N
Chapter 57: THE POOL PARTY
Chapter 58: ROHIKA'S WEDDING
Chapter 59: THE BIG NEWS
Chapter 60: WILL YOU MARRY ME?
Chapter 61: BUSINESSPERSON OF THE YEAR
Chapter 62: WEDDING BELLS
Chapter 63: THE EVENTFUL EVENING
Chapter 64: HAPPILY EVER AFTER
Bonus Chapter 1
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter 54: PATCHING UP

2.3K 114 13
By eilyywrites

**
Before you guys read the chapter, I would request you all to read the lyrics of the song i have included in the chapter and not ignore them. The song supports the story and will give a different experience...
**

Third person POV:

After making sure Rits is happy with the dress choices, Virat moved back to his house to get ready. He opted for a white shirt and black trousers to go with it. He made sure to kill million of his fangirls when he rolled his sleeves. Wearing pointed leather shoes, he completed his look and drove to the venue.

Posing for the paparazzi, he made his way in to find some 5-6 people. Before he could've greeted anybody, there came a loud voice and the owner was none other than the host MR ROHIT PANDA SHARMA.
"You dhokebaaz insaan, Is this the time to come?" Ro screamed.
"Ohho. Someone looks handsome today... For the first time" Virat praised Rohit who was looking dapper in the white shirt and blue trouser.

"I look handsome everyday.. Btw, don't distract me from the main topic. Why are you so late?"
"Are, party starts at 9 and I'm here at 8:45. What else do you expect?" Virat stated.
"Shut up idiot, that timing is for guests. You're the co-host. You should've been here since afternoon..." The others 4-5 people who were present were looking as if they were looking at aliens.
"When did I become the co-host?" Virat asked.
"You're my friend thus you automatically becomes the co-host of every party I organise... Now, don't waste time and check the arrangements" Rohit ordered.. This is how two of the best batsman of this generation interacts. Yelling and ordering each other. That's what makes them ROHIRAT
"You have your own rules. Today's your special day thus I'll oblige you otherwise..." Before Virat could've completed, Rohit interuppted.
"You could've done nothing even then. So, now get to work"
"And what are you planning to do?" Virat asked Rohit who sat silently on the chair.
"I'll rest. Afterall it's my day. I'm not supposed to work" To this, Virat said some colorful Hindi words to Rohit and made his way to check the arrangements. Time went on and finally the guests started arriving one by one including all the team players.
On the other hand, Anushka came home and got ready in a black dress that ended right below her knees along with a pair of heels and some light makeup. Taking spare keys of home, she got to her car to reach the party. The group of paparazzi outside the venue didn't surprise her because she was used to it now.

Making her way inside the venue, she looked around to find not too many people. As Rohit informed, he had invited some of Ritika's close friends and some of his close friends which are the team players. She looked for some familiar faces and finally found Mahi Bhai with little Zeeva in her hands, Sakshi, Rohit, Jaddu and Hardik standing near the bar table. As she made her way towards them, due to the dim light she didn't notice that there was one more person standing with his back faced towards her.
"Ohh...Look who's here" Rohit screamed in happiness after looking at Anushka attracting everyone's attention. As Virat turned and looked at Anushka, the time froze, everything became still. Only their heartbeats were racing proving that they are alive. Neither Anushka moved a step ahead, nor Virat moved a little. Breaking the moment was Rohit who came forward and took Anushka in a warm hug bringing her out of the trance. Presence of Anushka did came as a shock to Virat as he didn't expect it and his face was saying this too. They both were seeing each other after 2 months. Two people who couldn't even used to stay away from each other for 2 hours, were now even having a glimpse of one other after 2 months. Virat looked at Anushka. His eyes still held that admiration for her, admiration for her beauty- both inner and outer beauty, his heart still skipped a beat when he saw her smile but adding to this was a unfamiliar hurt. Understanding Virat's inner turmoil, Mahi bhai gently placed his palm over his hand and blinked to give him a relaxing assurance. That's what he needed to be back to normal. Anushka's state was no different. She again got lost in Virat's eyes like she always does, those visible veins of his hands were again taking her heart, she was hardly holding her urge to go and hug Virat but nothing was as easy as it seemed. Anushka hugged Mahi bhai, Rahul, Jaddu and Sakshi bhabhi one by one. The awkwardness was so thick that it could be cut with a knife.
"Bhabhi, give this little munchkin to me. I'll show her around and I need to eat something too." Anushka said to Sakshi. Taking Zeeva in her arms, she went a little away. The party continued and a while later Ritika marked her entry. She looked absolutely gorgeous in that black dress, Virat even had to hold Rohit by his shoulder to save him from falling flat on the floor after seeing Ritika.

Everyone including Virat and Anushka were around Rohit and pushed him a little to bring him back to the real world. Rohit went to Ritika and offered his hand to her which she gladly accepted and then brought her where everyone was standing.
"You look beautiful, Ritsy" Rohit said making her turn into a red tomato.
"Credit goes to me too. I chose the best dress and accessories.. So talented I'm" Virat announced raising his collars.
"How self obsessed you're.." Anushka replied funnily as a reflex but later it registered in her mind that things have changed now. Virat also became quiet and the awkwardness again filled the room. The party went on with Virat, Anushka and others silently motivating Rohit to go ahead. After a while, Rohit finally reached the centre of the hall and attracted everyone's attention with his voice.

"Hey Everyone, I'll like to have your attention. I want to make this day special and having you all around is already making it true. But, to make it the best day, I need to call my most special person over here." Saying this, Rohit moved towards Ritika and extended his hand which she accepted and took her to the centre along with himself.
"I have practiced this more than 10 times but still if i slip, I know you'll find it cute... And that's why you own my heart.." Rohit said getting on his one knee. Ritika was almost red by now and all the people present were in awe of them. Taking Ritika's both hands into his, Rohit said
"Ritsy, From the day I've looked at your hands, i couldn't think of not holding them forever. From the day, I have looked into your eyes, I only saw my beautiful present and future in them. From the day I've known you, I have started believing in angels and you're the angel of my life.
You can rock swaggy pants as well as such beautiful dresses. You can be the clumsy girl as well as the DIVA. You can be the craziest as well as the calmest person. You are a rockstar but i want to make you the brightest star of my life.
So, Miss Ritika Sajdeh, Will you spend a life with me? Will you marry me?" Rohit asked taking out the ring from his pocket. Ritika's eyes were filled with happy tears by now. Virat, Anushka and everyone around was beaming with happiness...

"I'll love to share every moment of my life with you. I WILL marry you, Ro.. I love you" Ritika said with her teary eyes. Rohit slided the ring into Rits's finger. Everyone around hooted and both of them hugged.
"They look so good. Touchwood" Anushka muttered looking at Ro-Rits..
"Yeaah man. I wish they always stay this happy" Virat answered.. They were conversing without even realising.
"But it's not that easy. Making a relationship work and being happy for life ain't that easy" Anushka said.
"It ain't easy but it's definitely worth it. When both of the people put efforts, it is possible. What matters is EFFORTS, but some people choose the easy way out and end everything" Virat went away saying that with his eyes clearly showing the visible disappointment. Anushka exactly knew what he meant.

Anushka's POV:
Virat said and went away. He was disappointed and hurt and I know the reason. That's not how i wanted things to be. That's not what I wanted when i took that decision. I never wanted Virat to suffer but looks like that's exactly what's happening. I made both of us suffer. Breaking my chain of thoughts was the loud claps for Rits and Ro. I congratulated both of them and before I could've moved, there was another announcement. Announcement for Ball room Dance. I was not even a bit interested thus I was moving back but before that Jassi was there with his hands extended towards me asking for a dance. How could I deny this cute boy? I accepted his hand and went to dance floor. In my peripheral view, I could see a girl asking Virat for a dance, he accepted and now we both were on the dance floor but with different partners. The songs started and we kept dancing and switching partners. This time the song changed and we again switched the partners and my partner was Virat. We didn't move for a second. As he wrapped his one hand around my waist, I felt electricity running through my body, that's the kind of effect he has on me. Putting my one hand on his shoulder we started dancing. The DJ tuned into the song 'Hmari adhoori kahani'.

Paas Aaye
Dooriyan phir b kam na hui
Ek adhoori si hmari kahani rahi

Every line of the song held meaning. We were close yet so far. There was an unsaid distance between us. My eyes were watery by now. Looking into each other's eyes, we both were feeling the same emotions.

Aasaman ko zameen, ye zaruri nhi
Ja mile, jaa mile
Ishq saccha vhi, jisko milti nhi
Manzile.. mannzileee

Rang the, Noor tha
Jab kareeb tu tha
Ek jaannat sa tha
Ye jahan

Every word was hitting me like a rock. Our lives were so perfect when we were together. I had him, He had me and we had everything. Now, it seems incomplete. Was my decision really this unfair?

Waqt ki ret p
kuch mere naam sa
Likh ke chod gya
Tu kahan

Hmari adhoori kahani
Hmari adhoori Kahani

Pyaas ka ye safar
khatam ho jayega
Kuch adhoora sa jo tha
Poora ho jayega

We were slowly moving in sync when someone from behind pushed me unintentionally making me aware of the real world. I would've fallen flat on my face if Virat wouldn't have been there. I fell hard on his chest and he as a reflex wrapped his one hand around my waist and one around my head. We were looking like we were hugging each other. I also wrapped my hands around his chest. I don't know what I was doing but this felt right.

Being in his arms, I felt secure. I felt safe. I felt contented. I felt home. I felt home after a long long time. THIS IS WHERE I BELONG. This is where my heart resides. This is where I want to be. This is where my peace lies. No place can make me feel like being in his arms does.

Jhuk gya aasman,
Mil gye do jahan
Har taraf hai Milan
ka samaa

Doliya hai saji
Khusbooen har kahin
Padhne aaya khuda
Khud yahan

Hmari adhoori kahani

No, I don't want our KAHANI to be ADHOORI. I don't want both of us to pay such a heavy price because of my impulsive decision. A decision that meant good for nobody. A decision that just broke hearts. I am the one who took a decision when i was emotionally drained, I should be the one facing all the burnt. He never deserved to go through this pain that he felt because of our break-up. His mind never deserved to be disappointed. His eyes never deserved to lose that sparkle. His heart never deserved to be broken.
I was at fault. I need to set everything right. In all this, I never realised that among every couple dancing we were the only one that were hugging and just standing peacefully. I could see Mahi bhai and the others looking at us lovingly. I slightly lifted my face to see Virat lost in another world with his eyes closed. That smile and peace his face reflected, I wish he always have that in his life. I have done wrong to this special human, he deserves nothing but happiness and I'll try my best to rectify my stupid mistake. I won't let him suffer anymore. I won't let US suffer anymore. Before i could have enjoyed this boy's serene beauty for some more time, the music stopped and everyone clapped bringing Virat out of his trance. He realised our positions and stood straight the very next second embarassed.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable" He said to me and without giving me a chance to respond, he left. Now, how do i tell him that, this was the best time i had in the last 2 months. How do i tell him that, it's me at fault and it's me who need to apologise. The party went on but my eyes were looking only for Virat who was nowhere to be seen. After saying sorry after our dance, he just went somewhere.
“Why do you look so lost?” Ritika asked me putting her arms around my neck.
“Nah, I'm fine....” I answered faking a smile.
“The one you are looking for is there...” She said pointing towards a garden type area  seperated from the main hall by a door.. I looked at her and she smiled and blinked in assurance.
“You are the best” I said giving her a tight hug before running towards the door.
As I opened the door and entered the garden, there he was silently sitting on the bench looking at the night sky.

Third person POV:

Virat after a minute realised Anushka's presence in the garden. Without saying anything, he started to move to the venue again.
“Have we got so distant that we can't even share a same place?” Anushka in a very slow tone asked Virat who was moving back to the hall. He didn't reply anything because he knew his words will be hurtful. He was just about to move when Anushka held him by his wrist.
“I know you have a lot to say, Virat. Say it..” Virat looked in her eyes that were requesting him to speak.
“We haven't been distant... YOU have made us distant, Anushka” Virat voiced his words.
Did it hurt Anushka? YES
Was it true? YES
Anushka knew that everything he was saying was true.
“I know I've created this long distance between us. I've turned us into strangers again. Sorry is an extremely small word to compensate all the wrongs I did. But that's the only thing i can do. Sorry for hurting you, for breaking you, for disappointing you.... I know this will not heal a little pain that you must've gone through all this while. This won't bring back the sparkle your eyes lost. This won't change anything but I truly am sorry” Anushka said with little water covering her eyes. Virat didn't expect this but he was hurt too deep to forget everything so easily.
“You are right Anushka. This apology won't change many things. Things get ruined up very easily but takes much more time to get better. Your one decision changed our whole equation but unfortunately a Sorry doesn't hold the same power.” Virat said looking right in Anushka's eyes. His words were bitter but true. It's easy to break something but thousand times hard to repair it. Silence filled the air before Anushka broke it with her words.
“I know one impulsive decision of mine have changed everything. But it's been hard. Everyday felt like a torture. Putting up a smile was the hardest thing. From the day we've parted ways, I've forgot to smile. You bring light into my world. You give my life a meaning.. You give my life a LIFE.” Saying this, tears rolled down her cheeks.
“That's the problem Anushka... It's always about YOU. And it's still about YOU.
You felt that it will be best for us to stay apart. So, we broke up.
You realised your mistake and want to mend everything. So, You apologised
Where am I in all this? Where am I in this relationship?
In a relationship of two, how can you decide for both? Where is my right to decide?
This is not how it works... THIS. IS. NOT. HOW. IT WORKS.” Virat said. This emotional meltdown brought out all his hidden emotions. The emotions he had kept in his heart for months was pouring out.
“I know I've done grave injustice to you and to our relationship. I realise that I've behaved like an idiot all this while. I was blessed with a beautiful relationship and I just messed it up. Messed it up badly. I did a mistake and I won't justify it... I have nothing to cover it up. A mistake that costed both of us- our relationship, our friendship.” Anushka said with tears constantly flowing down her eyes. Virat eyes also teary eyed by now.
“Anushka, you remember when we first had an argument and I said that ‘I need a break from this relationship’, you said a simple thing–” Before Virat could've completed, Anushka interrupted..
“ ‘The first solution that came into your mind after we had an argument was to take a break from this relationship. This is what hurted me the most’ ” Anushka repeated her exact sentence from that day, knowing the context.
“That's exactly what I feel. How did you cut off all the ties in a second? How did you ended everything? How did you not think of any other way?” Virat asked Anushka with his eyes depicting all the emotions. His voice was filled with hurt and, eyes with water.
“I don't know... How did I let those words come out of my system? How did i not think twice before saying Yess to your question? How did I let my inner turmoil take the charge of the situation and ruin everything? I don't know.. I just don't know” Anushka said crying. She sat on the bench with his hands clutching the bench from either sides, head hung down and eyes flowing tears. Virat also took the seat next to her, wiped her tears and started looking at the sky. Anushka after sometime followed his line of sight too. They both were now seated on the bench staring at the night sky. Some minutes passed in silence. After venting their inner emotions, they were now feeling at peace. The burden seems to be taken off.
“You remember the night of the World Cup Final when we first kissed” Virat asked still looking at the sky. A tint of blush crepted on Anushka's face.
“Hm. I remember” Anushka said with a smile playing on her lips remembering that beautiful night.
“This night sky always makes me remember those times. These stars twinkling, this cold breeze, this peaceful weather. Everything was so beautiful” Virat said with a sense of satisfaction after remembering the good times. After a minute of complete silence, Anushka said
“Can't everything go back to how it was? Can't it be same again?” Anushka asked with sincerity and longing looking at Virat's face. Virat kept looking at the sky and after some seconds looked towards Anushka facing her completely. Tucking a strand of hair behind her ears lovingly, he said
“Would it be easy?”
“won't be that hard too”
“what if anything happens again?”
“I won't let anything happen this time”
“I won't be able to look calm when I'll be flooding with emotions”
“I won't let your emotions stocked up”
“I won't find night sky beautiful when looking at it alone anymore”
“I won't let you look at it alone again”
“I won't be able to gather the pieces of my broken heart again”
“I won't let it break this time.”
“Pkka?”
“Pakka...”

With this they both had a peaceful smile on their faces.. Both of them leaned forward and closed the little distance between them joining their lips. The kiss was not a passionate one but a satisfactory one as if they were telling how much have they missed each other. Both of them poured all their emotions into the kiss and finally after running short of breath, they broke the kiss.
“Kissing under the night sky is our thing” Virat said.
“It'll always be”
Both of them joined their foreheads and smiled with their full heart after a long time. After another 30 minutes of being in each other's arm, both of them made their way inside the party hall with hand in hand. The hall looked almost empty. They looked around only to find The ICT gang sitting in a corner passing a teasing smile to both of them.
“Where are the other guests?” Virat asked as soon as they reached near the team.
“All of them left for their respective homes unlike some people who were busy romancing” teased Jaddu eyeing their entwined hands.
“Shut up Jaddu. We were just talking out things” Virat replied.
“Ohh.. Is that so? We never knew that shirt can get lipstick mark only by ‘talking out things’ ” Ro said pointing towards Virat's shirt that had a visible lipstick mark and bursting into laughter along with the whole team.
“Ro, Shut up. Don't tease them so much.” Ritika said to Rohit immediately making him go silent while Virat mouthed a Thank you to her.
“So happy that you guys finally are together again. Always stay like this” Mahi bhai said taking both of them into a hug. The rest of the team also joined in the hug making it a group hug. After teasing them a little more, they all called it a day. As Virat and Anushka stepped out of the venue with hand in hand, the paps clicked them left right and centre afterall it was going to be the biggest news tomorrow.

*******************************************
A long chapter 🤩
It took a lot of efforts to pen this down, hopefully it will be worth it.
Will be waiting for your comments 💘

Keep reading, Stay happy 😁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 1.3K 57
Virat and Anushka are celebrities who are successful in two of the most celebrated industries in the country India. This story highlights how their p...
19.6K 2.3K 25
Virat is in love with Nikita, and Anushka is engaged to Advay. So what exactly is cooking between these two? [In which we have a besotted hero, who g...
4K 226 21
Hi guysss! Thankss for showering love on my second novel. Love uu guyss, so I decided to create one cricket ff novel, so this story is about AASHIKA...
10.4K 690 24
Neha Varma is an orthopaedic, a doctor for bones. She has done specialization in it and is a gold medalist. Neha works at one of the finest hospitals...