Business (completed) |H.S|

By Into1D

1D watty awards winner | Completed| Harry Styles is a psychology student with a bright future, but when his m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Thank you and announcements :)
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! PLEASE READ
Chapter 36
TEARS
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 63 + thank you so much
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Final Chapter
Sequel (Please read)
New book: Between Devil and Satan

Chapter 38

1.8K 83 67
By Into1D

- Bones -

HELLO VVV LATE UPDATE BC 1. I COULDN’T WRITE 2. THE VOTE GOAL WASN’T REACHED 3. ONE OF MY FAV WRITERS DISAPPEARED FROM WATTPAD (IF YOU EVER SEE THIS, PLSSS COME BACK)

I GOT IN STAGE 2 OF THE WATTYS, PLEASE DO VOTE FOR ME!! THE LINK IS IN MY BIO, YOU CAN’T MISS IT. IT’D BE A VVVVV NICE BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR ME :)

VOTE GOAL: 22

*38*

Harry’s POV

Love destroys. Hate destroys. Jealousy destroys. Power destroys. Money destroys… That’s what I concluded from Evelyn’s story. Everything, even the most beautiful feeling on Earth, destroyed who she was. I clearly knew a person couldn’t be as cold as she was. I knew she suffered. However, I never expected her sufferings to be so cruel. Everyone was against her, no matter what. No one helped her.

Her childhood and youth were taken away from her while she needed to live them like every child.

I guess I didn’t dare to look at her face anymore, seized by the guilt. Also the sad expression crept on her face, the tears streaming down her cheeks non-stop and the pain laced in her weak voice baffled me. The words were taken off my lips, every time I tried to say something. Mixed feelings gathered in me, my thoughts drifting to Angelica.

I had decided that letting Evelyn lying on the couch wouldn’t make her feel better. We were hanging around the corridors of the huge mansion for a little while. Every single room or door reminded her of everything she spent there. A few people strangely eyed us in the corridor, however, we didn’t really care of them.

“I believe you did nothing to her. All the proofs were just against you. But if they truly believed you killed her and hurt deliberately Angie, why are you here? Not in detention.” I asked, puzzled by the tricky case of her situation.

She was a few inches away from me, her head- previously ducked down- looked up towards me. The mysterious blue of her eyes sparkled with the tears in her eyes.

“Oh, that was quite complicated.” She explained as we left the mansion and into the garden. The sunlight settled on the both of us as we crossed the door.

“Tell me anyway.” I said in a pushy way, devoured by my natural curiosity.

She observed me for a few seconds as we walked in the alleys of the garden.

“I was obviously too young for prison. My advocates, because I had so many of them, expected me to be sent into reform school. But my mom was against it as it’d darken her reputation.”

She paused for a long moment as if trying to remember what had actually happened.

“After a long conversation, they all ended up agreeing on explaining my supposed mistake with the fact that I had been physically and psychologically mistreated. And that was the truth, anyway. I had to be diagnosed a psychological trauma. The punishment would be less heavy for me.”

**~**

“Good morning, Evelyn.” The doctor said, shaking slightly my shoulder. I forced my puffy eyes open and vigorously rubbed them with the back of my hands.

I didn’t reply, I had no sympathy for this doctor. He worked for none other than my mother, like most of the nurses around me at the clinic. It was only seven in the morning, and it was time for my usual check-up, hopefully the last one.

“Take your medicines.” He said, handing me a palette of medicines. For anxiety, for my depressive state, for my headache, for my cardiac rhythm… Sometimes I didn’t remember which one I should take first. A dozen of medicines every morning, half a dozen in the afternoon and another half before sleeping. Some of them were injected through syringe. When I was given this pills first, I actually thought they’d help me through my mental situation. Nevertheless, it just worsened my state. Soon, I discovered that I needed to be a ‘bit’ sicker than I actually was to wash the supposed murder from my hands.

“Open your mouth.” He ordered, noticing I didn’t properly gulp the little pill. I obeyed and he forced the pill into my throat, as most of psychiatrists did for reluctant patients like me.

I was almost dull. I felt nothing. I didn’t clearly remember everything that happened. All I knew was that I had no reaction, as if the pills had washed every little feeling from my heart.

“You were excessively having pills.” I said, cutting her. I was unable to hold this for me. How could people be so rude to her?

“Yeah I know. Maybe for two months, I stayed at the hospital. But I usually got used to the infect smell of the hospital bed. I somehow even forgot my mother’s existence, still too busy.” She said, chuckling.

But her chuckle got me even more nervous, even though it attempted to enlighten the atmosphere. I still couldn’t believe after this whole trauma and disaster, she could manage to live properly. Evelyn managed to be normal. Instead of totally breaking her into a thousand shreds, she got even stronger. Of course, behind this strength was still hiding the broken Evelyn who should be mended.

My fists and jaw were clenched, as if I were ready to explode. But why?

“Styles, should I stop?” she asked, fluttering her eyelashes.

“No, no, of course, no. I was just thinking what kind of bitch your mother is.” I replied calmly. “Just tell me when exactly you turned out to be you?”

She raised an eyebrow at my awkwardness. I didn’t know what to say, in all honesty.

Me?” she questioned.

“Yeah. I mean, you know, your bad side.” I attempted to be clear, trying to choose the words so I wouldn’t hurt her in any way.

She uncomfortably sighed, running her hand through her heap of messy hair.

“It’s not a side, it’s my nature.” She said, taking another deep sigh.

“You’re not born bad, you know. The world changed you. And anyway, nothing is totally black or white. It can be both. There are so many shades between black and white and every human being is like that. No one is totally bad or good. It just depends, so never tell me again, you’re born this way.” The monologue I pronounced came from my heart. That’s one thing I cherished more than anything else because it had saved my life. And whenever someone started to say they were bad, I automatically replied it.

“If you say so.” She mumbled, not convinced by my speech. But if she didn’t believe me, I would make her believe, but I’d save this subject for another day.  “So you were asking why I’m not like Angelica. One, I’m not an angel from heaven. Two, I had never been someone like mother Theresa anyway.”

She was brief and abrupt, as if remembering those things scared her and she turned them into ironic words. I gave her a little shove, playfully.

“Please tell me you have a third reason because those are stupid.” I grumbled.

“Okay, okay…” she paused for a long moment as I was savouring the stroll we were making in the immense garden that the sunshine had lit. “You know. My mom was scared that I’d, once again, try to run away from her when I am out of the hospital or that I’d disobey her.”

I nodded, interested even more in what was following.

“When I took my pills in the morning, a man came in my room. I don’t remember the whole thing, but he told me things like my mother was sad about me, that she was disappointed and she wanted me in the right way. But the pills had some drug effect on me, I listened to everyone. I became somehow obedient while I was the one who broke the rules.”

“He brainwashed you.” I mumbled, rubbing my chin in between my index finger and my thumb. “So you ended up obeying to your mother’s words. Like hating men, or throwing me like trash on the cement.”

She laughed, reviving her tired traits and making her blue eyes sparkle.

“Yes, but you know, throwing you onto the cement was my own innovation.” She flattered herself with a cocky voice.

“Yeah I kind of guessed. Your mother would have killed me right away.” I said, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. “Wait, are you trying to distract me from the subject?”

“Was it working?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. I liked this version of Evelyn. A playful and amusing version I didn’t expect the existence of when I first met her. This showed how much first impressions could change, how a glance could mistake you and how judging by physics was bad.

“Yes it was. Now stop fluttering your eyelashes and continue the story.” I almost forced her so much she was stubborn.

“Yes, daddy.” She responded like a child.

Evelyn’s POV

In a few minutes, my devastated state changed into a lighter one. I felt free of the heavy burden that weighed on me for years. Confessing to Styles couldn’t have a better effect on me. Or was it just the day? The sun? The calm in the countryside? At least, I knew its mix made me feel good. Better than I felt in years.

“Daddy?” he asked, shaking his head and ruffling his long hair. “Stop trying to distract me, idiot!”

Why would it distract him? I was ready to be serious and he suddenly brought up a word that meant nothing but father.

“I wasn’t!” he nodded but poked my arm at the same time. He was saying I wasn’t serious enough. Look at yourself, Styles, child.

**~**

It was time to leave the hospital after the long weeks I had spent there. My mother came to pick me up, with the satisfaction that a severe trauma was diagnosed. I was fragile, unable to talk and unconscious that I was out of my four walls. The acrid taste of the medicines didn’t leave my tongue and the smell of the hospital disgusted me, seeming like it followed me everywhere. My mother was somehow happy. She’d win the trial and she won a perfect and obedient daughter.

I wasn’t clearly happy with the fact that I was released to live in another frustrating home. However, the words that remained in my mind were “obey to your mother” and that’s what I followed.

On our way to the apartment where my mother lived, in the car, she received a call. She seemed every happy about it, to be honest. I had never seen her so happy.

“Evelyn, you’re free.” She said, rubbing her hands together.

“Yes.” I replied coldly, looking out the window and appreciating things I didn’t see in months.

“Listen to me and look at me.” I turned around to face her. “The autopsy is over and they had determined what happened to Mrs. Rosenberg. She wasn’t killed.”

She explained me how Mrs. Rosenberg was having a heart attack when I left and she fell, hurting her head against the edge of the counter of the kitchen. I didn’t kill her, no one did. She hurt herself! It was a pure delight to me. However, I clearly wasn’t fulfill because my mother had to wait for such a proof to believe I wasn’t guilty.

I had endured all those sufferings at the hospital for nothing. My mother never believed me before the proofs, which was part of my sadness.

A few months later, after long sessions at a psychologist, I should be rehabilitated in a new school since Rosenberg school was to be closed because of bad treatment of children. And that’s how I met Zayn. (jfc it’s so hard to write his name, even now)

“Oh right, Malik and you.” Styles said, clearly interested in the subject.

“Yes. Malik and I.” I sighed, finally remembering good moments of my life. He was the beginning of the best and the end, too.

“What kind of relationship you two had?” he questioned, tightening his arm around my shoulders.

“Zayn and I were the recluse of high school. Him, since he was timid, he only expressed himself through his drawings, so he was bullied. Me, because I was weirdly clothed and I was too rich and they were jealous.  And that’s how we ended up friends. We were two against the world since we were pretty similar.” I explained shortly before going into details.

“Similar? I guess you two were teenagers. You both have rich parents.” He continued, picking only the two obvious things.

“We were both bullied. Our parents didn’t like us. We weren’t in our environment at all. And I drop a few more things. We started awkward friends since I never talked to a boy around my age in my life. We didn’t even talk to each other, we just spent time with the other one. Then, one day, we had talked about having sex in our sexual education classes. And we tried.”

His face was creased like one of his shirts. He had shrugged an eyebrow, looking at me with an expression I couldn’t explain. Was he disgusted?

“That’s very crude from a girl. You tried?” he mumbled before shaking his head. His green eyes settled on me and a smile formed on his lips. “You know Evelyn, I understand your act. I can totally picture you lost in a world you never put a foot in before. You didn’t know what were the social standards in your school. You wanted to experience, right?”

A little smile of approbation crept on my mouth. I never thought of it this way, but after he opened my eyes, I knew it was right.

“Yes. And in addition, I think I lacked something I can’t put my finger on.” I explained, thinking at the same time. “When he left, I felt devastated since he was my happiness. He said nothing. He just left without any word. I remember you telling me I was in love with him. No, I wasn’t. I just felt a big affection towards him. And when he quitted, I didn’t want to get attached to anyone anymore. Zayn had saved me to let me down and I didn’t want to experience this pain one more time.”

He looked at me with understanding eyes, full of compassion. Most of the things I had kept hidden from everyone were fully exposed to him. I was waiting for a reaction from him. A little sign.

“And you decided to just have frivolous relationship with rich men? You said you lacked something.” He said, stopping me from walking. We were in the back of the place, where no one walked. His green eyes scanned me, placing his hands against my cheeks, cupping my face. I couldn’t describe what was going through me when he looked at me.

“You lack affection. Who gave you affection? Who did you let give you affection? No one, right?” He asked with a calm voice as I nodded. Yes, I let no one provide me affection even in intimate moments we shared, since I didn’t want to get attached. “I think it’s time to break these cold walls, right?”

“Wha-”

I didn’t even have time to reply him that his lips settled on mine, engulfing me into a kiss. A new kind of kiss. His kiss was short but it ignited me from inside. I fast replied to the kiss, running my hands through his hair while his hands kept cupping my blushed face. Even if Styles and I shared kisses before, this one was different. It was sweet and more appreciable. I loved this feeling going through me because I was sure of one thing: I liked him more than I thought I did. I closed my eyes, lost in the flow of passion he provided me by locking our lips.

However, he slowly pushed himself away, his eyes fluttering open like mine.

DON’t FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!! I’LL UPDATE NEXT WEEK IF YOU REACH THE GOAL :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.9K 3.2K 23
Harry cherished Hannah's heart even when it was in someone else's hands.*** A marriage contract, an abusive husband and a forbidden love force Hannah...
Insecure By Shyla

Fanfiction

1.6M 47.3K 107
Sara Andrews has always had image issues but now that she's a senior in high school everything seems to be falling apart around her. When she finally...
19K 931 24
"How could you do such a thing to me." Harry sobbed " It's not what I'm doing to you, its what you're doing to yourself" ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 23 year-old Ha...
31.9K 755 12
Harry's struggling with anxiety and depression, and Louis' trying his best to help the love of his life. Their relationship is tested when Harry's me...