Gaze Detection | Jikook |

بواسطة Sincerely_Jikook

"I'm not built to feel, but with you... it's possible..." In a world filled with Androids and Gynoids co-exis... المزيد

Chapter 1: The 'Boy' Next Door
Chapter 2: An Android's purpose
Chapter 3: Sapphire eyes
Chapter 4: My Question
Chapter 5: Making Connections
Chapter 6: Who I Am
Chapter 7: My Biggest Fear
Chapter 8: No Different
Chapter 9: A Filled Mind
Chapter 10: High Frequency
Chapter 11: Just Like Him
Chapter 12: A Lost Cause
Chapter 13: Just a Stare
Chapter 14: The One That Got Away
Chapter 15: All I Know
Chapter 16: Nothing's Changed
Chapter 17: My Protection
Chapter 18: Lost In You
Chapter 19: His Dreamcatcher
Chapter 20: You Don't Scare Me
Chapter 21: An Abomination
Chapter 22: I'm Here
Chapter 23: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 24: Trust
Chapter 25: A Failed Experiment
Chapter 26: Head In The Clouds
Chapter 27: Envy
Chapter 28: Moving On
Chapter 29: Follow My Lead
Chapter 30: Kiss Me
Chapter 31: I Promise
Chapter 32: What Are You Afraid Of?
Chapter 33: Are you Curious?
Chapter 34: Only if You're Ready~
Chapter 35: All That I Am~
Chapter 36: Attached~
Chapter 37: These Four Walls
Chapter 38: I'm Onto You
Chapter 39: What's wrong with You?
Chapter 40: You Don't Love Me
Chapter 41: Jumping to Conclusions
Chapter 42: It's Been A While
Chapter 43: The Defect
Chapter 44: The Night
Chapter 45: Own~
Chapter 46: Someone to Trust~
Chapter 47: He's Here
Chapter 48: Forget
Chapter 49: All That I Am
Chapter 50: The Red Flags
Chapter 51: Blind
Chapter 52: He's the Problem
Chapter 53: The Bad Apple
Chapter 54: Something in the Air~
Chapter 55: An Empty Mind~
Chapter 56: Embrace the Moment~
Chapter 57: A Bad Idea
Chapter 58: What I've Become
Chapter 60: We go way back
Chapter 61: I Love You
Chapter 62: Acceptance
Chapter 63: Goodbye, Sapphire Eyes
Chapter 64: Right from Wrong
Chapter 65: At the End of it All
Chapter 66: A Final Tear Drop
Chapter 67: Last Chance
Chapter 68: Only for You
Chapter 69: The Lonely Man
Chapter 70: A Change of Heart
Chapter 71: At Ease
Chapter 72: Nothing More and Nothing Less (FINALE)
BONUS CHAPTER: As You Are

Chapter 59: All the Little Things

707 78 10
بواسطة Sincerely_Jikook

Jungkook's eyes shifted from the sorrowful dark blue into a crimson glare. The words Hoseok spoke was something he had always longed to hear, but not now. Not when Hoseok was drunk and not at a time like this when it was due long before. Filled with rage, Jungkook snatched his hand back and teared up, no longer caring if the shocks emitting from his eyes could hurt him now.

"What are you trying to say?! Why now? Why are you telling me this now? W-Where was this all before? It's like the time you told me you loved me but I know... I know you didn't mean it!" Jungkook growled and stepped back as he looked Hoseok in the eyes. Just then, Jungkook let out a scoff and shook his head. "I should've left you alone in that dining room... I just didn't think you would hurt me even more when you're drunk but I guess not. You're insane..."

"Jungkook... I'm sorry..." Hoseok said into a softer tone, no longer being able to contain his drunk thoughts. Jungkook knew he was a mess right now because he was intoxicated but only wondered if this was everything he hid from him before. If it all came out now, he only wondered what else the human tended to hide from him. "Please forgive me... I wasn't the best to you and I know my mistake now."

"You're insane... I don't think I could ever forgive you..." Jungkook whispered as he continued to glare at the human. "The fact that you would only tell me this when you're drunk... says everything that I need to know about you. How could you do this to me?" With the final sentence leaving his trembling voice, he flinched at every tear running down his face. "Y-You could have told me... t-this... this sooner..."

Hoseok listened to the tone of Jungkook's voice as it began to cut in and out, glitching and signifying that he was running out of energy from the long day. Yet, he didn't move at all and kept his glare locked onto the drunk man. He knew it was important to remain fully charged, but confronting Hoseok was something he felt as if he always needed to do. If he didn't do it now when Hoseok was able to grasp onto a few words, he may never find a moment to say it again.

Hoseok looked into Jungkook's eyes; those red crimson eyes that had glitches of blue, green, pink, and purple specs flashing in and out from around the irises. He was running low on energy and it was beginning to show more and more. Hoseok just couldn't help but to worry for the young android even if his world was spinning within the toxins he forced into himself. He was still able to get a grasp of reality but only for a little bit.

"Jungkook, you will hurt yourself," the drunk man mentioned as he finally stood up, becoming dizzy but somehow making his way to the android who stood far from him. Despite being a wreck, he tried his best to become collected in front of the android.

"W-What are you doing?" Jungkook asked with his voice sounding as if it jumped out of a classic film noir.

"You have to... you have to go charge! You're running out of energy..." Hoseok continued, dragging his own words out and running his hands up the android in order to cup his face. "Don't risk your life for me... Don't put yourself in danger right now, go charge... do it... you will regret wasting such little time on me."

Jungkook didn't know what Hoseok meant, he knew the man was drunk and that he shouldn't hold anything back and many things would be revealed, but Hoseok wasn't so careless even when he was drunk. He was still able to have a grasp on his words.

"Get off me!" Jungkook hissed, his voice now sounded as if it was recorded through a phone. "I'm not going to sit here and listen to you tell me things you should say when you're sober.... You... you don't know how draining it is to be around you after doing all of these things to me. You'll never learn will you?"

"Jungkook... I'm sorry..." silence began to amplify between them now. As Jungkook counted the seconds he had left before shutting off, he kept his ear alert to listen to the drunk man before him because deep down, he wanted to listen to what he longed to hear.

"You don't know... what you've done to me..."

"I do know... ah, I wanna die now! I can't believe....I'm so stupid, I'm so stupid, Jungkook! Please... you don't need to forgive me, I was oblivious! I swear... ah... I hate what I've done, I ruin everything!" The drunk man continued and sat back onto the bed since he began to get dizzy from speaking up and having so much to say. "You've... always been perfect, Jeon Jungkook... you've always been so good! So perfect... so good... Jeon Jungkook, you're too good for humankind! I just... know the world isn't ready for you... and by the day of tomorrow you will realize that..."

"Why do you k-keep talking like tha-that...that?" Jungkook asked, finding it more and more difficult to speak through his glitches. "What... are you trying t-to say?"

"I'm only... I'm only trying to say the right things before it all ends..." Hoseok whispered and laid back on the bed. "There are things... Jeon Jungkook, things you wouldn't understand between me and you. We... We are different! You're too good but too dangerous... Ah, I hate what I've done!" Hoseok continued going back and forth until he turned his head to the side of the room to close his eyes, fighting back the nausea that overcame him when he would continue to ramble on. It was as if his body refused to let him say another thing from letting Jungkook find out about his fate.

By now, Jungkook's energy was depleting. This only left him to step back and look towards the door right after.

"Goodnight, Hoseok," Jungkook concluded. He wanted to ask so much more and make Hoseok feel every pain he engraved into the system of the android, to count every scar and try to mend it with just a weak needle and thread. However, as long as Hoseok was drunk, he was still going to be a mess with his words and he would take so long to get to the point. At the end of the day, Hoseok held onto the secret concerning Seokjin as if his life truly depended on it. Of course, Jeon Jungkook was very unpredictable, there was no way Hoseok believed he would have gotten out of this alive if he allowed himself to slip up and tell the android.

Now, Jungkook was stumbling down the hall, bumping against the walls and holding on tightly to what his hands could grab. He knew that if he didn't reach his charging station, Hoseok wouldn't notice until he was sober enough to help and only then would the android miss going out with Jimin to the beach in the morning. That's all Jungkook wanted right now and the thought of being with Jimin, was something he just couldn't wait for. But when he was with him, he couldn't hide the fact that endless guilt came along with it. Jungkook only hoped to escape far away with Jimin and speak to him like a human would and that escape would be at the beach by the morning. That's where he wanted to be now, but he knew patience is a virtue.

The android pushed the door to his room open. Instantly being met with the black light kissing every detail to his artificial skin instantly. There, Jungkook pushed his legs forward to his charging station when his eyes suddenly latched onto the box televisions stacked over the others that displayed live surveillance of Jimin's house. His eyes trembled at the sight when his gaze bounced in between every color due to his lack of energy. He knew Hoseok was in his room and must have turned the TVs on. He just had to.

"What... has... he d-done...?" Jungkook managed to whisper through the static hum of his gravelly voice. Once Jungkook took a minute longer to process, he only chuckled and turned to his charging station. "He... wouldn't do a thing... Hoseok is only good for blackmailing... n-never doing anything else... I'll be fine... so...so what if he knows?"

Jungkook's worries left him almost instantly. He knew Hoseok like the back of his hand, so he had no worries at all when it came to the thought of Hoseok getting rid of him. That man only seemed so tough on the outside, but Jungkook could see how weak and fragile he truly was on the inside after tonight. Yet, he would have never guessed that Hoseok was capable of selling him out to Kim Seokjin. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever believe Hoseok was strong enough to do that to the android and himself.

The idea of Hoseok turning him in after bluffing so many times seemed out of character for him. In no way did he ever believe Hoseok would just throw him away so suddenly. In a moment where Jungkook doubted those malicious thoughts, he knew Hoseok must have truly loved him deep down all because he still kept him alive. At least, that's what Jungkook believed.

That night, Jungkook began to charge and hold onto the thought of seeing Jimin in the morning. He couldn't hold onto the guilt any longer and hoped to escape this place with Jimin and be in his presence. Only when he was in the presence of the beautiful man, was he able to silence his guilt for a while but that didn't mean it was gone forever. Jimin was his great escape, but was also capable of making him remember the things he regretted the most. Jungkook felt as if he was different now. He no longer wanted to watch over Jimin's every move, he wanted to be with him and not copy every in and out to his way of living. Jungkook no longer envied him, he only wanted to love him just like any other human would.

When the sun rose on that dim Saturday morning, Hoseok remained laying in bed as he kept his hand over his pounding forehead. His head bounced against every wall in the room constantly along with the endless thoughts that never seemed to leave him alone. He was sweating under the pressure now and his body still reeked of the strong booze he took in just the night before. The man was too much of a wreck to even get up and face the android he had given up on.

"I'm... I'm not good enough to see him like this..." Hoseok whispered through his gravelly voice in the early morning before closing his eyes and covering his face. "He's leaving today... he will finally leave me, I should be happy! But I don't feel anywhere close to being happy... I want to throw up. I never wanted to do this to him... but I have no choice, the world isn't ready for him and he's nowhere near ready to serve others."

The nauseous man remained laying in bed as he turned over and closed his eyes, wanting to picture himself in a place so far away that guilt wouldn't drown him and regrets were only a figment of his imagination. He began to fear thinking of what he would do when Jungkook was gone. Who will he talk to occasionally? Who will he bicker with and who will he spend all his time fixing? All the little things began to matter in Hoseok's world. He just didn't know how much his world revolved around the little things Jungkook supplied him with.

While he kept thinking more about it, the more he began to despise the idea of letting Jungkook go that easily, even if this was what he knew he wanted from the start of Jungkook's unpredictable behavior, he reached an epiphany that an android so special like that shouldn't be scrapped when all he did was behave like a human; just the way he was made out to be.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

700K 29.7K 53
innocent naive kookie 🐰 not innocent taehyung 🐯 ********************************************************* Jungkook has been locked out of the rea...
70.1K 5.7K 50
Jimin and Jungkook are the happily married ideal couple. To the world they are the best made for each other. But what will happen when one day their...
22.6K 1.3K 34
"My past is really none of your concern, Jeon," I replied as I mimicked his posture by leaning closer as well. "What's the matter, shorty? Got someth...
76.6K 3.3K 46
TYPE: 🔲 General Fiction | ✔️ Taekook ff | 🔲 Non-Fiction Date Started: 04.30.2023 Date Finished: 05.22.2023 THIS IS TAEKOO...