102 - m.h

By guend0line

- matty healy x oc - "you look a million times lovelier than the stars, gabby." matty said as he looked deepl... More

// note //
// 1. an encounter //
// 2. chocolate //
// 3. talk! //
// 4. so far (it's alright) //
// 5. butterflies //
// 6. she lays down //
// 7. playing on my mind //
// 8. loving someone //
// 9. settle down //
// 10. somebody else //
// 12. heart out //
// 13. what should i say //
// 14. love me //
// 15. she way out //
// 16. the 1975 //
// 17. then because she goes //
// 18. 102 //
// 19. is there somebody who can watch you //
// 20. hunt // bed //
// 21. matty's confession //
// 22. with all the love, matty //
// 23. sincerely yours //
// 24. the show //
// 25. to my sunrise, gabby //
// 26. gabby //
// 27. a normal day //
// 28. december 25th //
// 29. d-day //
// 30. don't you see me? //
// 31. the meeting //
// 32. communication //
// 33. unexpected call //
// 34. year 2020 //
// 35. miracle in disguise //
// 36. a sudden visit //
// 37. can i call you tonight? //
// 38. love, matty x //
// 39. articles //
// 40. cigarette, daydreams //
// 41. sweet lips //
// 42. undo //
// 43. million words //
// 44. don't go yet //
// 45. right here //
// 46. touch //
// 47. the 'not so big' news //
// 48. how about a game? //
// 49. the feeling //
// 50. date night //
// 51. moonlight //
// 52. mine //
// 53. reunited //
// 54. goodnight & go //
// 55. mrs. healy //
// 56. without u //
// 57. guy from the past //
// 58. mistake //
// 59. heart won't let me //
// 60. sincerity is scary //
// 61. don't let me go //
// 62. top of the world //
// 63. this side of paradise //
// 64. sunrise and her //
// 65. twenty two //
// 66. the plan //
// 67. melody and line //
// 68. tour //
// 69. the finale //
// 70. your end game, gabby //
// 1 0 2 //
// a u t h o r ' s n o t e //
// 102: the playlist //
// a n n o u n c e m e n t //
// b o n u s //

// 11. fallingforyou //

183 7 0
By guend0line

chapter song: fallingforyou - the 1975

amanda left me for elliot, a school football player, i was fine with it, i didn't want to deal with her anyway.

thank you elliot.

then i saw george went somewhere else — maybe the bathroom, giving me a chance to go up to gabriella and ask her to dance.

when i went in front of her, she looked shocked to see me in here, facing her.

"will you allow me to dance with you?" i asked, handing out my hand like a gentleman would, i was anxious to see if she'll take my hand because if not, i'll go ang throw myself out of the room.

luckily, she did.

yes.

"well, you're already in front of me, so why not?" she smiled, her face lit up, and took my hand. i placed her hand on top of my shoulders and was now resting on it, while i gently placed my hand on her waist.

and we started to moved slowly and delicately.
"you look handsome" it was almost the same scenario but with another person now.

"thank you ma'am, you look gorgeous as always" my smile went wide, i was happy at the moment. and i would not want it to be ruined.

"sorry i avoided you" she opened up the topic i was desperately trying to avoid to not ruin anything, this moment.

"it's fine, don't worry" i assured her when in reality, it was really not okay.

then she pulled me for a tight embrace, that's what i needed, then everything i felt, the confusion, sadness, slight anger all went away with her loving embrace.

i loved the feeling.

and i wrapped my arms around her, i wish i could replay this moment forever.

"i promise i won't do that again, especially if the reason is so petty." she laughed, while looking up at me, "what was the reason?" i demanded looking down to meet her face.

"nothing, it'll be a secret that only i know" she giggled, then i flicked her forehead.

she let out an 'ow' while trying to flick mine too, "so unfair" she pouted and i just pinched her nose and laughed.

the song finally ended and we pulled ourselves apart from that tight hug, then we went back to our table and i saw george looking at us, and he unexpectedly winked at me and sent me a teasing smile.

he knew.

was i too obvious?

"you guys look adorable there" he whispered and slapped my bum, he was looking at me with suspicion "you knew?" i whispered back.

"knew what?" his face was filled with confusion.

i guess not.

"erm, nothing. the song was good innit?" i diverted the topic somewhere else.

"yeah, it's my mum's favorite, now just go put your bum on the chair and sit, you're blocking my view" he said while looking at something.

"ight, you said so" i went and sat beside gabriella.

"we should eat, i'm starving" adam said while his partner looked hungry too, well, we all were.

then we started to get and pick our foods and returned to our table with plates in our hands filled with delicious dishes.

i'm starving, finally it was time to eat.

"oh my god, amanda ditched you?" olivia — ross' date laughed, "i thought she liked you?" ross asked, "yeah she did, she actually conceded her feelings for me but i turn it down saying i can't return the favor" i explained while sipping my water.

"that's brutal" george was trying his best not to laugh at the scenario, "so she ditched you with some football guy because of that" adam started to laugh too.

gabby was giggling, holding back her laughter.

"so marty is all alone now" she looked at me pouted, teasing me, "i'm all fine, really" i assured them to not worry.

"attention everyone, right now we will be announcing this year's prom king and queen!!" the crowd cheered for the announcement.

and so it began, multiple people getting awarded of something, getting sashes and coming off the stage with wide smiles on their faces.

good for them.

i didn't really care about those and was not expecting anything, but oh lord i got something.

"announcing the recipient for the 'perfect gentleman' award, give around of applause for Matthew Timothy Healy!" the crowd cheered once again, gabriella was squealing and seemed to be more excited than me.

"go matty!" gabriella sent me off the stage, "thank you" i said as i received the certificate and a sash that said 'perfect gentleman'

took some photos and went down walking towards my friends with a smile plastered on my face.

ross was clapping really hard.

they seem to look so happy and proud of what i got, which was sweet. then adam got 'the classic man' award, 'ladies man' award for george and 'most photogenic (male)' for ross.

and bonus, best couple for ross and olivia.

me and adam were also awarded as best pals.

loads of awards were given and it was time for the final show; announcing this year's wilmslow high school's prom king & queen.

"and now, it's what all you've been waiting for, yeah? now announcing this year's prom king & queen..." the host adding a suspense, "may i call these two persons up here on stage, gabriella blythe partridge and elliot jameson smith!!" gabriella's jaw dropped by hearing her name.

she in all respect deserved the title, not sure about elliot though.

we cheered as i sent gabriella off to the stage. they handed her the certificate, put the sash on her as well as the prom queen crown, which is the thing all the girls in the room are dying to get.

"you may give your speech"

"erm..well.." she started off, looking so tensed about the situation she's in.

"thankful for those people who voted for me, i didn't really expected this so i have nothing ready to say. but i just wanna thank all of you, not only i get to have the title but as well as every women in this room, you don't need a crown to be a queen."

and the crowd gave a loud cheer for her, elliot did a speech too and they proceeded to get their pictures taken.

i guided gabby as she went down the stage, making sure she won't fall.

"the crown suits you" it really did, it was like, it's really destined to be hers — to earn the title.

"really? i didn't even expect to get it" she laughed, "gabriella, oh my that is a look" olivia said.

"you deserve it" adam said, and his partner agreed.

"thank you guys, congratulations to all of you!" she squealed with happiness.

"should we get our pictures taken?" george asked, and we all went to the photobooth with enthusiasm.

we formed a line turning sideways while putting our arms around each other, "one, two, three, smile!" then the camera captured our smiles.

we took more pictures and some individual ones, and with our partners, well mine ditched me so gabriella insisted to take it with her instead after she and george were done.

she grabbed my arms and wrapped it on her waist and she did hers on my waist too.

the cameraman counted and a shutter can be heard.

the prom was starting to end, some students were already dashing out the gymnasium. ross already went on his way to send olivia home, as well as adam — george did come with adam.

leaving me and gabriella behind.

"that was a blast" she said looking so satisfied.

"you seem to really have fun, yeah?" i chuckled, "because it really was!" enthusiasm was invading her.

"gabby, i have something to tell you" i think it was the right time to finally say this to her, "yeah? what is it?" she waited.

"well you know, i've been feeling this strange things for months now, and i just wanna say that i—" i didn't get to finish my sentence when amanda popped out of nowhere, "hey matt—oh was i interrupting something?" she asked.

yes you were, i said to my mind.

"no, you can continue" gabriella said to amanda, "as i was saying, thank you matthew and sorry, you don't have to send me home, elliot's gonna do it for me, toodles!" she exited the scene.

"what was it again?" gabriella asked, "n-nothing, i said you looked really enchanting tonight." i lied and forced a smile.

i knew that i'm wasting my dice here but something in me can't say the words. maybe i was so nervous, and i can't say it because it was obvious george likes her too.

and i don't want to try and be selfish, steal her away, leaving my bestfriend broken.

"oh strange but okay, shall we go?" she said excited to leave the school.

i guided her to the vehicle, opening her door and putting my hand at the top frame of the door just in case she might hit her head there while getting in.

we decided to take a night drive around the area, and talk about things, "so once we graduated, what university you're going to?" she asked while looking outside the window.

"i have not idea yet, actually" i answered. "i also haven't decided on that one yet" she looked at me, "you know, i loved it whenever you go outside our home randomly at night to visit me, i appreciate it a lot because i really need a company most of the times" i listened at her as she speak, "i love our late night talks, our late night stroll, and even your stories and songs" that made my heart flutter.

she was being so honest, so clear about her feelings — on what she thinks.

but i wished she was more clear on her feelings towards me, maybe a hint could help me figure it out.

"wish we could do this for many years" she chuckled, "until we will be someone's mom and dad, or 'til we're like in our 30s, y'know?" she continued on.

"don't worry we will do that" i looked at her and gave her a smile.

"really? i'd loved that" she looked again outside the mirror.

then i turned the radio on and the perfect song came on.

now playing on the radio: bubbly - colbie caillat

"Will you count me in?
I've been awake for a while now
You've got me feeling like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face
I get the tingles in a silly place"

the song started of and gabby was singing along, she has been singing this song for weeks now. "oh fuck this song is my favorite" she giggled.

"It starts in my toes and I crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes, I always know
That you make me smile, please stay for a while now
Just take your time, wherever you go"

she was jamming along, feeling the moment she's currently in.

i increased the volume on the following lines, the instrumentals loud enough that she won't notice i am speaking so she won't hear what i will say in the next few minutes, if her ears can hear so clearly and is able to hear what i'll say then, i don't know.

"But what am I gonna say
When you make me feel this way?
I just... Mmm
And it starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose
Wherever it goes, I always know
That you make me smile, please stay for a while now
Just take your time, wherever you go"

the speaker was this blasting music, and her attention was on the song. "so i didn't got the chance to finish my sentence earlier, but as i was saying, i've been feeling this for a long time now but scared to admit it, gabrielle i like you, and i'm continuously falling for you and i have no plans to get up" i confessed bravely with the music so loud, doubting she heard me.

"where you saying something?" she asked turning the volume a bit lower, i let out a hum what was questioning her, "i heard you're falling or you fell, not sure, from what? were you okay? did it hurt?" she was genuinely concerned, "oh that, erm i guess i fell from my chair and hit my elbows" i just came up with that.

"be careful next time marty, for goodness sake" she giggled.

"yeah i really should" i responded.

silly, i know you didn't notice but i really was falling for you.

how could she be so clueless?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.9K 1.4K 22
//COMPLETE // ---- " Look at him" I chuckled with a wide smile as I studied Matty and Adam dancing around in circles with their guitars, practicing a...
25.8K 424 11
'It wasn't his intention to flirt with anyone today. But you seemed to have been sent by the universe for him to rile up a little.' ~*~*~*~ Matty boa...
70.4K 1.3K 25
**previously named //THE GO//
85.4K 1.6K 40
«Tenderness is forbidden with you. Sometimes I feel like your only desire is to be shattered» Language EN March 13 2020 - June 15 2020