Gaze Detection | Jikook |

By Sincerely_Jikook

"I'm not built to feel, but with you... it's possible..." In a world filled with Androids and Gynoids co-exis... More

Chapter 1: The 'Boy' Next Door
Chapter 2: An Android's purpose
Chapter 3: Sapphire eyes
Chapter 4: My Question
Chapter 5: Making Connections
Chapter 6: Who I Am
Chapter 7: My Biggest Fear
Chapter 8: No Different
Chapter 9: A Filled Mind
Chapter 10: High Frequency
Chapter 11: Just Like Him
Chapter 12: A Lost Cause
Chapter 13: Just a Stare
Chapter 14: The One That Got Away
Chapter 15: All I Know
Chapter 16: Nothing's Changed
Chapter 17: My Protection
Chapter 18: Lost In You
Chapter 19: His Dreamcatcher
Chapter 20: You Don't Scare Me
Chapter 22: I'm Here
Chapter 23: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 24: Trust
Chapter 25: A Failed Experiment
Chapter 26: Head In The Clouds
Chapter 27: Envy
Chapter 28: Moving On
Chapter 29: Follow My Lead
Chapter 30: Kiss Me
Chapter 31: I Promise
Chapter 32: What Are You Afraid Of?
Chapter 33: Are you Curious?
Chapter 34: Only if You're Ready~
Chapter 35: All That I Am~
Chapter 36: Attached~
Chapter 37: These Four Walls
Chapter 38: I'm Onto You
Chapter 39: What's wrong with You?
Chapter 40: You Don't Love Me
Chapter 41: Jumping to Conclusions
Chapter 42: It's Been A While
Chapter 43: The Defect
Chapter 44: The Night
Chapter 45: Own~
Chapter 46: Someone to Trust~
Chapter 47: He's Here
Chapter 48: Forget
Chapter 49: All That I Am
Chapter 50: The Red Flags
Chapter 51: Blind
Chapter 52: He's the Problem
Chapter 53: The Bad Apple
Chapter 54: Something in the Air~
Chapter 55: An Empty Mind~
Chapter 56: Embrace the Moment~
Chapter 57: A Bad Idea
Chapter 58: What I've Become
Chapter 59: All the Little Things
Chapter 60: We go way back
Chapter 61: I Love You
Chapter 62: Acceptance
Chapter 63: Goodbye, Sapphire Eyes
Chapter 64: Right from Wrong
Chapter 65: At the End of it All
Chapter 66: A Final Tear Drop
Chapter 67: Last Chance
Chapter 68: Only for You
Chapter 69: The Lonely Man
Chapter 70: A Change of Heart
Chapter 71: At Ease
Chapter 72: Nothing More and Nothing Less (FINALE)
BONUS CHAPTER: As You Are

Chapter 21: An Abomination

1.2K 151 52
By Sincerely_Jikook

Hoseok took a glance at the time displayed on the dual monitors to the side of the room; his gaze trembled back and forth as he debated the idea of moving forward. He kept looking back at the dual monitors and then towards the initials of the creator before running his hand along Taehyung's back. Slowly bringing himself to find the opening in order to access the wires. Along his soft and fake skin, Hoseok managed to find the compartment and pull it open; instantly latching his gaze to the many fried wires within the Android's system.

"You are nothing like Jungkook... all androids are made just like this, but he is not. Oh, you will be fine..." Hoseok whispered to himself as he walked back to where the dual monitors remained before finding another cable to connect Taehyung into the system.

"I am too familiar with the making of his creations to not know what I'm doing."

Concurrently, Jimin managed to reach the same cat cafe he sat in before with Taehyung and Namjoon. The bright sunset colored lights filled his eyes and many smaller cats wandered around within the place; some real, some artificial. With the sight of a cat jumping off a table, Jimin was able to find the cat Taehyung clung onto just before.

"Why did I bring myself here..." Jimin asked himself as his boots crushed the snow beneath the soles as he pushed his body further towards the entrance of the cafe. Right at the entry, he recalled the first moment he stepped in and was instantly greeted by Taehyung's shout which brought all the attention to him so suddenly. Just the memory itself left Jimin hesitating to open the door.

"There's not a lot of people here. I should be fine!" He assured all the doubts he had in his head. Right there, Jimin pulled the door open and stepped in. Instantly feeling the many stares that fixed onto him at that very second. "Why am I here... I should turn around and leave... Ah, but if I turn around now, that will only cause more attention to myself. I need to sit somewhere... somewhere-"

"Hey, Jimin!" Called out a familiar voice that erupted a few steps before him.

Jimin slowly looked up from the ground, catching onto the one who stood before him who had on white sneakers along with his black dress pants and white dress shirt. Jimin continued to look up until his innocent brown eyes met with Kim Namjoon's charming and breathtaking gaze that only left Jimin speechless. He just didn't know what to say given the lack of conversation between them.

"N-Namjoon, hello..." Jimin replied softly. The young and innocent man couldn't dare to look into Namjoon's eyes any longer. He couldn't understand why his gaze longed to stare into Jungkook's ocean gaze, but not another living human. Of course, Jimin now understood that Jungkook was just an android and Namjoon was a real human being; one who could breathe and think all on his own. Far more different than Jungkook and that's what left Jimin a little anxious.

"I didn't think I would see you here. I'm so glad I ran into you, I'm on my break," Namjoon mentioned and shoved his hands into his pockets before looking at a cat wandering around his legs. "Would you like to sit down and talk? We didn't get the chance to get to know each other last time, how about now?"

"Oh... of course!" Jimin replied slightly louder and made a smile. He hoped that this would be the moment he became independent. Though the words Taehyung said before were true, Jimin didn't want to rely on others anymore so he longed to be independent and learn to make connections without the memory of Yoongi influencing whoever he spoke to.

"I'm glad you came in today, I don't have many human friends since you know how most humans are... they tend to rely on technology now. It's rare to see two humans hanging around together nowadays."

"Really...?" Jimin asked as he watched Namjoon pick up a living cat instead of the robot to his left and nod his head.

"Yup, but I'm glad I get to meet you. When Taehyung mentioned you to me, I was excited to meet another human. Other humans would turn down their own kind and surround themselves with a perfect android. I guess with an android they can't get hurt..." said the tall and daring man as he walked and led Jimin to a table. By there, they sat across from each other while Jimin continued to look around. Lacking the confidence to look Namjoon in the eyes.

"I don't blame them... I have the same mindset... does that make me too dependent?" Jimin asked and watched as the cat jumped off from Namjoon's hands and went to play with an artificial cat.

"I don't think you have that mindset. If you did, you wouldn't be speaking to me now. But yet again, I don't really know what you do any other day so I can't have a say in that."

Namjoon carefully picked his words as he spoke on this matter and Jimin knew it. He just didn't know what caused Namjoon to push these creations away and only long to have things the way they were before androids were made as the better beings that humans could rely on despite their unrealistic qualities when it comes to being more perfect than an average flawed human.

"I... I'm just like them... I even had a relationship with one but once that ended, I... I just didn't feel like myself," Jimin confessed and looked down at the table before him. "These creations are perfect and I don't hate the idea... but it's so emotionally draining when you find out that they can't give you what a human can give."

"Exactly... that's one of the reasons why I just can't keep surrounding my life with Androids anymore. I don't judge those who long to keep those creations in their lives, I just know that it could be too much for me at times. I didn't want to talk to you about this in front of Taehyung, but I'm glad I could speak to you about this... I... I don't want to rely on them so much," Namjoon replied and let out a sigh. "They're difficult to understand..."

"You... sound like you've had a bad experience with them," Jimin added and began to build up the courage to look Namjoon in the eyes. Only now, he only managed to sneak in a few glances at the face of the prince before him. "Don't worry... I did too..."

"Well I guess we have a few things in common," the man responded and made a smile that only brought out the deep and charming dimples to his intriguing face. "Shall I go first?"

"If you want to, I don't see an issue with it."

"Alright, I'll go," Namjoon claimed, holding that sweet smile that was enough to make others jealous.

Just as he began to gather the words in order to speak, he guided his right hand down to the cuff of his sleeve and pulled it up. Causing the wrinkles to form on the soft fabric while he revealed his forearm. Just as Jimin watched him pull the sleeve back, the young man sitting across from him finally began to notice the long scar caused from the center of Namjoon's wrist, sliding up his forearm and stopping right at the center of his arm where his elbow remained right behind.

"D-Don't... tell me.. that was from an Android..." Jimin whispered and found himself stuttering at the horrifying thought that came to mind.

"I don't know what to tell you if that is the truth," Namjoon replied and set his arm down on the table while Jimin's eyes guided up the scar and gulped. Never in his wildest dreams did he think he would fix his eyes onto something an android caused to another human being.

"That's... that's not possible... Android's are not capable of doing that."

"Of course they aren't. I... I'm not sure if you will believe it but, I used to work for the big guy; Kim Seokjin. Working for him was a dream but it came with its downsides," Namjoon mentioned and let out a sigh. "You would be surprised at how many versions are made until the perfect android is created. I was part of the testing group in which, Android's that are newly made, will be sent to the test group and we would have to interact with them in many ways to find their flaws and see if they are good enough to be released. It's a long process, so I don't have a good memory with Androids..."

"Oh... I see..." Jimin replied and continued to look at the scar until his eyes met with Namjoon's once again. "What happened?"

"Well...I've been burned and harmed over the past years working there. Every new idea Seokjin came up with to add into the Android's database, was another nightmare us testers had to go through. The Androids had to be absolutely perfect before they were sent out... most of them were, some of them weren't and if there was no use in fixing them, they were scrapped and another would replace them. Seokjin could not allow a flawed creation to run out of his company," Namjoon concluded and inhaled softly before he could say another thought that came to mind after he finished speaking the words before that. "However... there was one android that was exempted from being scrapped... only because Seokjin's right hand man was very... fond... of this android. It was like his own son."

"Exempted from being scrapped... what does he mean by that?" Jimin thought as Namjoon looked up at Jimin's speechless face once again.

"Weird, isn't it? Of course, it's not... humans grow attached to androids every day so when this android... this troublesome creation caused my scar, I couldn't take being harmed over and over again so I left. Knowing that the android wasn't going to be scrapped, I figured that whoever Seokjin's right hand man was, he treasured that creation more than an actual living being. It wasn't fair... so I quit after getting hurt. If Seokjin was to find out that a flawed creation like that was allowed to live knowing it harmed a human being, he would have had that android destroyed and he would have to remake it. But it never happened... at this point I just assume that Seokjin never knew..."

"How could he never know...? Isn't he the one who created them?"

"Well, I guess as the man who worked by Seokjin's side, he was able to hide many things including a flawed android. But, of course, this could just be a theory of mine. It wasn't long after I quit that the man who worked by Seokjin's side just quit too... such a shame that I never got to see his face... I could barely even recall the face of the android who caused me this scar. I guess it was too traumatic for me that my brain just blocked it out of my memories for good..."

"That's horrible... how could they just let that go? What do you think happened to that android?" Jimin wondered and constantly switched his gaze from the scar of the man before him to his brown gaze.

"I'd like to think... that Seokjin found the android and had him dismantled and scrapped after his right hand man left the company. Since that worker tended to protect that android, I don't think he was capable of saving him after he left. Maybe he was dismantled... but at times, I just can't believe that idea. I still think it's out there somewhere... locked up or running around freely. If you think that Seokjin has never made an android that was capable of harming humans, well you might as well throw that thought away because of that creation... was a monster and I... was the unfortunate one who was assigned to test an abomination that was only being cared for when it should have been taken apart."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 12.2K 70
🐥🐰 : Pure Fiction 🖤 __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ Story Description : "Don't look at me like that" Jungkook whispers panic...
81.6K 5.9K 47
Just when Seokjin was happily being independent, someone had to suddenly enter his life with different intentions that would surely change his perspe...
727K 56.4K 73
Demon x Human AU "Even through a cracked mirror... I can still see your beautiful face." Mirrors are often passed as pieces of glass on a...
2.6M 105K 76
"In that case, you have two options. One: you don't get caught or two: you invite him to your party, seduce him, then tell him about your little kink...