Gaze Detection | Jikook |

By Sincerely_Jikook

"I'm not built to feel, but with you... it's possible..." In a world filled with Androids and Gynoids co-exis... More

Chapter 1: The 'Boy' Next Door
Chapter 2: An Android's purpose
Chapter 3: Sapphire eyes
Chapter 4: My Question
Chapter 5: Making Connections
Chapter 6: Who I Am
Chapter 7: My Biggest Fear
Chapter 9: A Filled Mind
Chapter 10: High Frequency
Chapter 11: Just Like Him
Chapter 12: A Lost Cause
Chapter 13: Just a Stare
Chapter 14: The One That Got Away
Chapter 15: All I Know
Chapter 16: Nothing's Changed
Chapter 17: My Protection
Chapter 18: Lost In You
Chapter 19: His Dreamcatcher
Chapter 20: You Don't Scare Me
Chapter 21: An Abomination
Chapter 22: I'm Here
Chapter 23: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 24: Trust
Chapter 25: A Failed Experiment
Chapter 26: Head In The Clouds
Chapter 27: Envy
Chapter 28: Moving On
Chapter 29: Follow My Lead
Chapter 30: Kiss Me
Chapter 31: I Promise
Chapter 32: What Are You Afraid Of?
Chapter 33: Are you Curious?
Chapter 34: Only if You're Ready~
Chapter 35: All That I Am~
Chapter 36: Attached~
Chapter 37: These Four Walls
Chapter 38: I'm Onto You
Chapter 39: What's wrong with You?
Chapter 40: You Don't Love Me
Chapter 41: Jumping to Conclusions
Chapter 42: It's Been A While
Chapter 43: The Defect
Chapter 44: The Night
Chapter 45: Own~
Chapter 46: Someone to Trust~
Chapter 47: He's Here
Chapter 48: Forget
Chapter 49: All That I Am
Chapter 50: The Red Flags
Chapter 51: Blind
Chapter 52: He's the Problem
Chapter 53: The Bad Apple
Chapter 54: Something in the Air~
Chapter 55: An Empty Mind~
Chapter 56: Embrace the Moment~
Chapter 57: A Bad Idea
Chapter 58: What I've Become
Chapter 59: All the Little Things
Chapter 60: We go way back
Chapter 61: I Love You
Chapter 62: Acceptance
Chapter 63: Goodbye, Sapphire Eyes
Chapter 64: Right from Wrong
Chapter 65: At the End of it All
Chapter 66: A Final Tear Drop
Chapter 67: Last Chance
Chapter 68: Only for You
Chapter 69: The Lonely Man
Chapter 70: A Change of Heart
Chapter 71: At Ease
Chapter 72: Nothing More and Nothing Less (FINALE)
BONUS CHAPTER: As You Are

Chapter 8: No Different

1.6K 199 44
By Sincerely_Jikook

Jungkook listened to Jimin's request and stepped in without a second of hesitation. As Jimin watched the young robot step into his home, he slowly closed the door and couldn't dare to pry his eyes away from the tall creation before him. Jimin's mouth grew dry and his hands trembled at the idea of being alone with someone he knew nothing about; he just didn't know what to say.

"What do I do now? I don't know what to say! I practiced this but the second I open my mouth, words just can't seem to come out! I can't just stand here and be quiet as he looks around, that's awkward and- Ah, why am I panicking? He's a robot, he can't think at all so there's no way he's thinking of what to say too. He can start the conversation for all I care! This is his purpose..."

"Jimin..."

"A-Ah... yes?" Jimin asked instantly and held his own hands as he watched the young robot continue to look around.

"Do you mind if I look around? This place is very huge..."

"Oh... um, go ahead?" Jimin grew confused as to why the robot was silent as he began to look around. Leaving the human to stand there and follow him just with his gaze.

"Do you live here all by yourself?" Jungkook questioned as he carefully ran his hand along a few objects in the living room.

"Yes I do... my parents gave me this place in hopes of seeing me live my own life away from home and have a family of my own," Jimin answered a bit more confidently, especially when Jungkook wasn't looking him in the eyes.

"I bet it gets lonely here, doesn't it?"

"At times it does... at times it doesn't..." Jimin replied and watched as Jungkook's subtle touch ran along the frame of a few family pictures until he reached for one and picked it up. Jimin couldn't tell if this was how robots got used to their surroundings, so, he didn't question it but it did make him raise a few questions in his head.

"You have a lovely family..." Jungkook mentioned and quickly set the framed photo down the second he picked it up. "And I understand what you mean when you say it gets lonely at times... I completely understand..."

"You do?" Jimin asked and watched Jungkook guide himself to the small book shelf and quickly run his hand along the sides of a few books as he nodded his head. "But you're an android, how is that possible?"

"Well, I am an introverted type of robot. There are different types of robots made specifically for different types of humans. You have the social ones, the smart ones, the messy ones and the neat ones... then you have the introverted ones, which is me, that is made specifically for lonely humans," Jungkook continued and finally turned around to face Jimin. Instantly causing Jimin to look away and turn red from having the robot lock his blue eyes onto him once again. "So I know what it means to be lonely too..."

"Wow...I... I-I never knew an introverted robot could understand such a thing..." Jimin whispered carefully, yet, Jungkook was able to make out what he said even if it was to himself.

"Well, I can..." Jungkook answered with a smile as Jimin couldn't dare to look him in the eyes. At that moment, the android softly tilted his head to the side and continued to look at Jimin before coming up with something else to say. "Jimin, since this place is very huge, can you give me a tour?"

"Oh.. of course! Ah, this... this place isn't really as big as you make it out to be," claimed Jimin. Suddenly, he rushed to lead Jungkook out of the living room to fight off any silence that planned to ensue. "I guess the more I wander around here every day, the smaller it gets."

"You've familiarized yourself with this place. I can understand why you would think that way. But, from the outside looking in, this place is bigger than where I stay."

"Good... to know..." Jimin replied and as he finished those words, silence drowned the two right after. Jimin was drowning in the endless fear of what Jungkook might think, yet, Jimin had to keep reminding himself that Jungkook was just a robot and he couldn't pinpoint the exact second when a conversation would become so awkward. Jimin was only overthinking it... or so he thought.

Quickly, Jimin guided Jungkook to the kitchen area which also connected to the dining room. Now they strayed away from the living room along with a hallway leading to the bedrooms and a bathroom. As they reached the kitchen area, Jungkook began to wander around and touch a few things but not a lot to leave Jimin wondering.

"So... after I show you around... do you... want to go somewhere else?" Jimin asked hesitantly. He didn't want to go out but just thought the robot wouldn't want to stay in one place for too long. So, Jimin asked and awaited the Android's answer even if he had no intention of leaving the house.

"Hm... I can't really go out much. I don't like it... isn't it better to stay here? No distractions... just silence and peace. Do you want to go out? I'm not good with people, especially in public spaces..."

"Oh... we-we don't have to go anywhere! I was hoping you would say that, so I'm fine with staying here just to get to know you better!" The man mentioned and made a smile as he watched Jungkook touch the counters and eventually walk himself to the dining room that only had one chair to a table.

"Why does this only have one chair?" Jungkook questioned before laughing. "I'm sure sets of tables normally have four chairs?"

"I don't need the other three when I just use one."

"Well, maybe you can put another chair for me... I don't eat, but I can sit with you. We're friends now, right?" The android then turned to face Jimin, this time managing to turn around and stand closely to the man right before him.

At that very second, Jimin hitched his breath once Jungkook stood in front of him. His brown eyes blew wide and his body froze in place the second he forgot the question Jungkook asked. The way Jungkook stood closely to the human left Jimin turning red and being at a loss for words. How close could an android stand so close to a living human being when they had distance built into their system? Jimin longed for the answer but his brain went dead the second his personal space was invaded.

"M-Maybe... maybe I should..."

"I'm only teasing~" Jungkook assured and finally stepped away from the anxious man. Hearing Jimin hitch his breath every time his brown eyes locked onto the ocean eyes of the android right before him. "Don't be nervous around me, Jimin. I wouldn't hurt a fly~"

"I'm... I'm not nervous around you..."

"You should learn how to lie properly," Jungkook chuckled as he watched Jimin finally make a smile while his attention shifted onto the ground before him. "I think I've seen enough so far, let's get to know each other more."

With that, Jungkook acted as the lead and walked from the dining room to the living room where he sat down on the leather couch. Looking up to catch Jimin's innocent gaze shying away from his direction.

"Do I... scare you, Jimin?" Jungkook wondered; looking into the eyes of the human while he slowly sat up from the couch. Even if Jimin sat across from him, there was never a moment where Jimin would look up at the robot at all and Jungkook took note of that.

"No... I just need to get to know you first, only then I won't behave this way, I promise. But it does take time, of course. I'm sorry..."

"Don't be sorry! It's fine, it doesn't bother me. I was just curious," Jungkook assured and watched Jimin begin to fidget with his fingertips constantly touching repeatedly. "How long have you been like this?"

"I... I-I've been this way since I was just a little boy. I have yet to overcome it, I've had a robot here to support me once but then he... Ah, I shouldn't say... it doesn't matter anyway!"

"If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine by me. Only tell me the things you want me to hear. I won't force it out of you, Jimin."

The words Jungkook spoke sounded so promising, it was as if the stress weighed on Jimin's shoulders were knocked off by a ton. He wasn't like Taehyung who would curiously ask repeatedly until he had his questions answered, Jungkook was understanding and stepped away from a situation if Jimin had no intention of explaining further. This alone left Jimin to think that maybe this android was far more different from Taehyung in general.

"You... don't know how much those words mean to me, Jungkook... it's so weird that a robot like you isn't pressuring me to answer... normally many would persist, but you wouldn't...why?"

"Maybe it's because I'm not like the other creations..." Jungkook answered and kept his blue gaze locked onto Jimin's frame. In that still second, Jimin felt the texture of his own soft skin, shift into goosebumps within seconds.

It was something about the stare Jungkook gave with his charming eyes that managed to choke Jimin in place and knock out all of the pending words he intended to say. Those ocean eyes, those charming and brilliant eyes made out of sapphire, constantly entranced Jimin, yet, scared him at the same time. He was curious as to what Jungkook meant when he said he wasn't like the other Androids, but then again, he never knew introverted robots were very different from Taehyung who was an extroverted robot towards humans. Jimin just assumed that he had yet to know the characteristics of many other robots.

"I'm very different... at times, I'm just scared I might be singled out..." Jungkook went on and noticed how Jimin would latch his innocent eyes onto his repeatedly when he felt the same way. This was how Jungkook knew he was saying the right words.

"Then... you and I are the same... even if you're programmed to say that, I'm glad it's a topic I can agree with you on," Jimin replied. Feeling less anxious than he was before. "You and I... are no different..."

"That's good to know. I'm just glad I can talk to someone... my roommate can become very busy so I'm just left at home... to... recharge..." Jungkook mentioned and watched Jimin let out a soft giggle. "What's so funny?" Jungkook wondered, mirroring the beautiful smile Jimin kept.

"Why does he have you there if he barely has time for you?"

"That's because I'm- Ah.... I don't..." Jungkook took a pause as Jimin only tilted his head and noticed how realistic Jungkook was truly made out to be.

Jeon Jungkook reacted and replied as flawed as any other human being would and that alone left Jimin feeling more safer with the android compared to just running into him yesterday. Jimin could already tell that Jungkook had his flaws and that idea alone was enough to comfort him. The human enjoyed knowing Jungkook wasn't like Taehyung or reminded him of his past android; Min Yoongi. Jungkook was just another android that was far different from the rest, of course, that's how Jimin saw him at that very moment.

"I don't... I don't know, actually..." Jungkook found himself lying in front of Jimin as he finally broke his blue gaze away from the brown eyes of the innocent human being. "I'm just his roommate..."

"Oh, that's fine. I guess we're the same when it comes to staying home and not doing much either. I don't have a lot of friends, just an android and another human I'm acquainted with, but still need more time to get to know him. But I think, it's okay to be alone at times... if it ever gets too much, we can always hang out here...." Jimin found himself answering without a pause in his sentences. He was able to push away the fears he had camping around in his thoughts for this very second as he began to make a connection with Jungkook; an Android that was no different than him at all. Of course, that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

525K 32.2K 105
This is a Taekook Fanfiction. _____ Is it possible to get homesick for people too? Because that is exactly how it feels to both of them. The feeli...
81.6K 5.9K 47
Just when Seokjin was happily being independent, someone had to suddenly enter his life with different intentions that would surely change his perspe...
69.8K 5.7K 50
Jimin and Jungkook are the happily married ideal couple. To the world they are the best made for each other. But what will happen when one day their...
22.5K 1.3K 34
"My past is really none of your concern, Jeon," I replied as I mimicked his posture by leaning closer as well. "What's the matter, shorty? Got someth...