The Kingdoms of Blue and Gree...

By Cha71i53

Best Ranking #2 in Action-Adventure. He yearned for her vanilla-tasting lips and skin. Are you going to kis... More

~ Prologue ~
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
~ Epilogue ~
Author's Note

Part 45

25 1 0
By Cha71i53

They galloped along the yellow sand. The salt flying off the hooves of the horses. Azrael and Evelynn galloped across the beach. Their hair flying in the wind. The screams of the wind echoing through their ears. Evelynn leaned forward trying to bet Azrael. Pulling her horse into the wet sand. Its feet splashing across the water. Azrael turned around the wind kissing his face as he saw Evelynn lower the reins and lean forward. She glanced at him and Azrael grinned. He pulled the reins on his horse tightly and it fell back near Evelynn. The water flying up in Evelynn's face as the horse's hooves made contact with the salty water. Evelynn placed her head on the withers of the horse and turned to Azrael.

Azrael glanced at her blue eyes before she shut them abruptly as water sparked into her face once more. A slight chuckled was grasped from her lips. Azrael grew red as they chased each other along the beach.

                                                                ~

The water lapped at their feet. Azrael placed his hand in the sand and rubbed his fingers together. The grains of sand falling out of his calloused fingers. He watched her play in the sand. The water lapping her mid-thighs.

"Look," Evelynn exclaimed. Picking up a shell in the sand, flipping it so it could land in the sand near him. Azrael swiftly caught the shell in his palm. He opened his palm and saw the small shell. The blues and purples melting into the inside stopping at the ventral margin of the small shell. The pallial line is bright orange. Azrael clutched it in his hand.

Evelynn watched the waves crash on the sand, then rise to lap her legs. Evelynn rose onto her feet and walked out into the waves.

Azrael looked up from his hand. The seashell clutched in it and saw Evelynn. Standing amid the waves, bobbing up and down. Evelynn saw him and lifted a hand. A mire gesture to him. Azrael stood up and took off his shirt. His muscles flexing as the warm afternoon sun hit his honeyed skin.

His bare feet sank into the wet sand after every step deeper into the waves. He reached out his hand to Evelynn. Her black hair stuck to the back of her neck. Evelynn grasped his hand and ducked under the wave, pulling him down. Azrael held his breath as she disappeared underneath the cold water.

                                                             ~

They walked along the beach, hand in hand. Their wet clothing dripping on the dry sand. Azrael stared at Evelynn. His eyes dipping to the black shirt that clung to her body. The rope off her corset was visible from the hem of her shirt.

"You realize you don't have to wear that," Azrael carefully remarked. Observing her face. Her eyes drifted to him and looked down on herself. The rope of her corset hanging over the left side of her hip. She tucked it away with her free right hand and kept on walking. Adding on Azrael turned to her grab her hips. Evelynn faced him and placed her hands on his. Trying to get him to let go. "I want you to feel comfortable around me Evelynn," Her name on his lips sending vibrations down her spine. "You don't need to wear these," His hand drifted up to her waist then knocked on the side, the rattle of the corset from underneath her shirt. Evelynn raised her hand from her hip. His touch lingering on her waist.

"I wear it so my breasts don't ache," Evelynn mumbled throwing his hands off her. Azrael placed them on her shoulders gently holding her.

Azrael smiled softly. "Okay," Trying not to glance at her visible breasts held up by the corset. His throat bobbled slightly.

Evelynn eyes lowered from his face to his broad muscular shoulders. She pressed her lips together firmly and shoved him. Azrael fell over onto the sand.

A loud laugh escaped his lips. "Seriously?" Azrael got onto his knees and back onto his feet. Evelynn stood there, her face blank as trying to hold her laugh in. Azrael brushed his hands together wiping the sand off. Azrael grabbed Evelynn wrist and dragged her forward.

"W-what are you doing?" Evelynn laughed.

"I was going to compliment you, but you pushed me," Azrael's grip tightened on Evelynn's wrist. Azrael dragged her into the lapping waves. "But I'm not now,"

"I mean you're probably going to drown me so you might as well tell me your highness," The hiss of the formalities on her lips.

Evelynn chuckled as Azrael laughed, "I was going to say that your beautiful with and without the corset on, but you pushed me," Azrael softened his grip on her wrist, closing the gap between them as their feet was washed over with the waves.

Evelynn placed her left foot behind his ankle. Smirking she looked into his green eyes then kicked the back of his knee with the heel of her foot.

Azrael fell onto her, pressing himself on her. The water lapping their legs. Evelynn neared her face to his. She felt like melting into the sand as he unknowingly pressed himself on her. Exhaling Evelynn flipped him and pinned his wrists into the sand. Azrael turned a bright red. His chest rising as Evelynn looked down at his hips. Her legs wrapped around her hips. Evelynn released his wrists and pressed her hands onto his chest. The muscle-flexing from underneath her hand. Evelynn lingered on him. Unable to move. The warmth under her hands was comforting. Evelynn fell off of him. Azrael wanted to grab her but a wave washed over them both.

They both coughed and laughed as Azrael tucked an arm around Evelynn. The small white waves rushed over them. Smiling Evelynn placed a hand on his bare chest as they felt the cold water lap them gently. Wave after wave. Azrael shifted the sand itching him. Evelynn ran her hand through her wet hair. Sand falling onto her shoulders as she brushed through the ends of her black hair.

Azrael looked at Evelynn, then pressed his head on her shoulder. A gentle press of his lips on her skin, made Evelynn's heart beat faster. Evelynn looked up to the sky, enjoying his company. Azrael pressed his lips on her shoulder once more, whispering into her skin so she couldn't hear his wish.

                                                               ~

"I hate the beach," Azrael huffed, from behind a bush growing in the sand.

"Why's that?" Evelynn said wrapping a towel around herself.

"The sand. It gets everywhere," Azrael appeared from behind the bush. He held up his shorts. The sand clinging to the stitching. Evelynn crossed her arms shaking her head at him. Azrael threw the dripping shorts at her, "In places, I thought it could never reach,"

Evelynn gagged and peeled the board shorts from her lap. "Gross,"

"The suns setting, we should find more wood for the fire," Azrael said pulling down the hem of his pants while walking to Evelynn. His bare torso was exposed to the sun.

"I know,"

"Well let me go find some more," Azrael tugged on a dry shirt over his muscular chest.

"You sure, it's going to get dark soon," Evelynn insisted she'd come along. She stood up but Azrael placed his hand on her upper arm halting her.

"I'll be back, I promise," Azrael pressed a gentle kiss on her on the forehead. Flabbergasted Evelynn froze, flustered she nodded while she watched him walk away.

                                                           ~

The sun had set. Evelynn bounced her leg watching the fire die. Impatiently she searched the area. She looked to the dense forest in the hind dunes behind her. The camp placed at the font of the foredune Evelynn searched behind the bushes and scrubland nearby. Evelynn returned and looked again at the dense forest behind her. She stepped closer to the opening of the path leading deeper into the forest.

"Ha!" Azrael jumped out.

Evelynn cursed violently and grabbed the nearest stick, pointing it at the front of him. Azrael grinned holding up a rabbit with a wound through its loin, and wood in his left hand. Evelynn dropped the stick and walked up to him. Taking the wood.

"You look worried," Azrael exclaimed, placing his hand out to her.

"I was about you," Evelynn grumbled giving him a log to carry. The truth wrapped her tongue and tied knots around her heart.

Azrael scoffed "Of course you were," He scoffed, patting her head. "I'm capable,"

"Bull," Evelynn threw his hand off her head and dropped the wood next to the fire. Azrael sat across from her it and started to eviscerate the rabbit.

"What are you doing," Evelynn asked peering over him watching him cut off the liver of the rabbit.

"Checking the liver for white lesions. If we find some we can't eat it,"

Evelynn sat next to him as he disembodied the rabbit after finding no such lesions. Azrael looked over her as he placed a rabbit leg on a split piece of wood.

"You're not gagging at it," Azrael poked a stick through the raw meat. Studying her face. A wave of calmness washed over her.

"And why would I?" Evelynn questioned, placing a hand on his thigh. Azrael tried not to grab the hand on his thigh and place it on his cheek, in his hair, all over his body. Her touch was warm. Azrael swallowed as his chest heaved.

Azrael brushed it off as best he could and continued to cut up the rabbit. Evelynn pieced a stick through the meat and rotated it over the fire. Slowly cooking it.

"Evelynn," Azrael huffed placing the remaining parts of the rabbit in the hole he had dug. His hands shaking. Azrael inhaled trying not to let nerves get the best of him. I need to tell her. He thought. I must.

"I've done some incredibly horrible things," Azrael whispered burying the remaining parts of the rabbit. "As the crown demands it," Azrael rubbed his jaw.

"So have I,"

Azrael sighed in relief, but it quickly drains, "What,"

"You're not the only one to ruin others lives for your own," Evelynn responded pulling the meat off the fire and pulling off the stick.

"Evelynn," Azrael snapped placing the stick on the fire.

"Azrael" Evelynn matched his tone.

"I'm a monster," Azrael swallowed, rotating the stick cooking the meat.

"That makes two of us," Evelynn whispered heartlessly.

"I'm going to win the war," Azrael waved the meatless bone around. Evelynn's eyes widened and she leaned in slightly.

"How?" She whispered shuffling closer to him.

"The court and I have decided to ambush the Royal Family in 3-4 months. We haven't decided on a date yet,"

Evelynn's heart shattered. She clenched her hands into fists and placed the meat on a log to her left. "When did you plan to tell me this?" She hissed, raising her hand.

"We made the decision a week ago," Azrael voice rumbled, his heart beating faster as Evelynn turned crimson. Seeing her hands clench and unclench. The knot in his heart tightened.

"A week ago? You didn't tell me this?" Evelynn stood up and pointed at him raising her voice, looking down on him. Evelynn eyes glazed over with tears.

"I couldn't. I had other plans remember?" He snapped back mimicking her tone, standing up. Towering over her.

"With Lisandra, sorry I forgot," The apology a mumble under her raspy breath.

"Why is it such a big deal to you anyway?" Azrael questioned as Evelynn lowered her finger at him.

"Because," Evelynn halted. Her mind blanking. "Because didn't you think to tell me, when I am from the nearest country to it?" Evelynn lied walking out to the sand, a flame lighting in her veins. "And you can get killed. Don't ambush them," Anger in her voice. Heartbreak in her heart. Hot blood in her veins.

"Is that a command princess," Azrael walked out to the wet sand next to her. Chuckling under his breath.

"And what if it is? Do not ambush them. You'll die," Evelynn tucked her hands away to control herself to grab him. Punch him or hug him she didn't know. Her stomach churned at the thought of her guards gutting him.

"And what if I do?" Azrael added turning towards her, his eyes stuck on her fiery blue eyes.

"I'll go there and kill you myself. Why? Cause you won't make it out of there alive Azrael," Evelynn looked towards him, his green eyes alight.

"Please," Evelynn plead, grabbing his hands. Holding them in a tight grasp. Rubbing her thumb over his calloused palm.

"What is the point in stopping now when you can everything,"

Evelynn was taken aback before yelling "People's livelihoods that is what,"

"Eramada is the cause of this. My father is the cause of this,-" Azrael tightened the grip on her hands. Evelynn snatched them away. Azrael bit his cheeks, clenching his jaw.

"- Well stop it then. Your father was a monster do not be one also," Evelynn broke. She placed her hand on her chest. I shouldn't have said that. Her voice wheezing as she exhaled.

"He sacrificed innocents in Kelece dam collapse, wiped a third out Southam Wastes forces, half of Athrolila's and near a quarter of my own, a monster Evelynn is an understatement," Azrael rubbed his tongue over his teeth. The words ripping through the air like a blade. Meaning every word she had said.

She pulled at his shirt, nearing her face to his, "And don't be one yourself, for the final time do not ambush the Athrolilan Royals until its safe," She felt his skin burn her hands as she pressed firmly into his chest. Azrael gazed into her eyes as the stars rose over them. The waves crashed onto the shore in rhythm with his heartbeat. Rapidly. "That is a command King," Evelynn whispered, her breath falling onto his face. Azrael swallowed his lips parting. Strands from his hair resting on her face as she continued to stare at him. Azrael placed his hand on her neck, his thumb stroking her jawline gently. Azrael exhaled leaning in. His lips missing the target.

Evelynn turned her head looking to the beach below them, removing her hands from his chest.

"I'm tired, I am going to sleep," Evelynn exclaimed, her heart aching by turning away. Azrael removed his hand from her neck and withdrew his left hand from her waist.

                                                    ~

Evelynn rolled out her bedroll away from him and placed her hands behind her head, looking up to the stars. In silence, they listened to the waves crash onto the shore. Evelynn swallowed the painful memories in her head. Her gut-wrenching in pain as she remembers the night she killed his father. And kissed him on the balcony. She promised she wouldn't do it. Respect him. Care for him.

Azrael fed the fire with more wood, watching Evelynn shiver in the cold. Azrael gulped and scratched his head. In defeat, Azrael spoke "I promise," Azrael watched her sit up. "I promise not to ambush Athrolila until it is safe,"

"You promise," Evelynn returned smirking as she reached her arms out then placing them down on the mat. She snickered, grinding her teeth. Liar.

"I do," Azrael nodded accepting defeat. "Now please get over here before you freeze,"

"I'm not cold," Evelynn stood her ground and laid back down on her back, returning her gaze to the sky.

                                                   ~

Azrael's eyes grew heavy watching the fire burn. The green in his eyes bobbing as he fluttered his eyes to stay awake. He rubbed his hands together as fire gave off heat.

"Move over," Her raspy voice cracked.

Azrael looked up, his head drooping to one side.

"I'm cold," Evelynn shivered.

He watched Evelynn unroll her mat next to him and lay down on her side. Away from him. Catching the heat from the fire on her back. Shivering Evelynn shifted in her bedroll. Azrael reached a handout, gently stroking her back. She stopped moving. Still, she felt his gentle hand rub her back. Painfully Evelynn promised at that moment to make his death painless and quick.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

468 128 32
My dagger poised over his heart I scornfully asked the king,❝Any last words, your highness?❞ ❝It was never me.❞ I plunged my weapon downwards, sendi...
Smeared By Sam

Historical Fiction

74.8K 4.9K 28
A pair of fraternal twins are taken into a prestigious noble family to maintain good face in the snobbish aristocracy. When the brother suddenly fall...
12.6K 396 55
♡ BODYGUARD AND PRINCESS ROMANCE ♡ I dropped my arms to my side, as he placed the one back onto the side of my head, while the other gripped at my w...
702 13 55
Aleah has been told all her life that she is worthless and weak by her older sister, Amora. But, when Aleah finds out that she is going to be betroth...