The Kingdoms of Blue and Gree...

By Cha71i53

Best Ranking #2 in Action-Adventure. He yearned for her vanilla-tasting lips and skin. Are you going to kis... More

~ Prologue ~
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
~ Epilogue ~
Author's Note

Part 40

25 1 0
By Cha71i53

"I have worked in the castle ever since my mother escaped from the Mines of the West Samella and ran to find refugees in the castle. She was given a job as a maid in the castle. So I grew up with them and I'm friends with Abbigail," Lucy smiled as she sipped her drink.

"Wow," Was all Evelynn managed to say. "How long did your mother travel, if I can ask,"

"4 months," Lucy said. Evelynn looked at her, her light brown hair and pale skin complexion a feature of those from the West Samella. "I never knew the continent was so big until my mother told me how she ended up here,"

"Can I ask her how she did it?" Evelynn asked trying not to seem insensitive. Lucy's aura dimed as Evelynn asked. Evelynn noticed that Lucy broke eye contact and her brown eyes shifted to the floor. "Sorry I shouldn't have asked. I've overstepped,"

"I mean you can, but it would be incredibility hard," Lucy's lips thinned.

"Why's that?" Evelynn asked rolling her tongue.

"She's dead,"

Evelynn knew she stuffed up. Big time. Twiddling her fingers Evelynn swore. "I'm so sorry Lucy, I didn't know,"

"How could of you? That time I did my job and helped you while you were on your cycle, I didn't say anything. How could you have known? She passed from natural causes, she had me before menopause which she said was a miracle," Lucy shook her head at Evelynn. " She was pretty old," Lucy chuckled.

Evelynn smiled at Lucy, tapping her fingers on her glass. She saw Lucy check the time. "I'm so sorry I must go, my job awaits. It was so nice to finally meet you Evelynn. It's been nice to talk to someone like you," Lucy said as she walked away.

Evelynn crossed her eyebrows. Talk to someone like you. Huh. What does she mean by that? Every question Evelynn asked to ignite a friendly conversation. Etching deeper with every question yet she didn't expect such a clean, non-sugar coated answer from her. She'd be an interesting asset to have. Or as a friend.

                                                   ~

Evelynn swayed at the music as she watched her friends dance and drink. The moon grew higher into the sky, and the stars shone through the high ceiling. Evelynn walked over to Rayleen who she noticed was standing alone his hand on the green sofa. He looked up at her and his lips formed a thin line. His high collar ruffled as he exhaled greeting Evelynn in a short bow.

"Good Evening Evelynn," Rayleen said returning to his posture.

"Evening Rayleen. What's the Prince of Rosalyn doing without his Princess?" Evelynn said standing next to Rayleen. Evelynn looked out to the dance floor. Crowded and thriving with people of the court. She watched the red curtain behind the throne sway from side to side. Waiting for him.

"Abbigail's with her mother at the moment," Rayleen faced Evelynn licking his lips of the liquor on his top lip. Placing his glass on a table behind the sofa.

"I'm sure the Queen would enjoy this very much. Why isn't she here? I haven't seen her since the dinner we had a while ago," Evelynn read his expression. His brown eyes dimmed and lost the spark Abbigail loved so dearly. Rayleen wrapped a hand around his waist. He ruffled his sunflower yellow hair and placed his hand in his pant pocket.

"She's ill, very ill,"

Evelynn gulped and placed a finger on the tip of her lip. She resisted the urge to bite her nail, and removed it from her mouth. Evelynn clenched her jaw and nodded slowly. Rayleen rubbed his tongue over his teeth and nodded along, swaying his body weight from one leg to another.

The music finished in a slow long note and halted. The dancing stopped to clap and one after another dragged their chosen victim onto the dancefloor.

"She hasn't got long," Rayleen uttered into his glass, looking at Evelynn. Evelynn returns a similar gaze. "That's why she's decided to bring the wedding forward by two months," Rayleen concluded, swishing the liquor in his glass.

"I don't know what to say," Evelynn stammered.

"They both don't like talking about it. Abbigail and Azrael there's so much on their place already and their mother is like a cherry on top of the crumbling cake," Rayleen articulated. His low adverb voice dominating her thoughts. "They're going to break sooner or later and Evelynn you're going to need to be there for him. He can't do this,"

The aura that Evelynn had in her mind of him shattered. The strong warrior prince turned King, crumbling. He displayed pride and confidence in himself. Was it all a lie? For her? Evelynn shook at the thought of seeing him cry over his mother's coffin. She can get attached to him, not now.

The red curtains were drawn back abruptly. Displaying the figures of the three of them. Abagail hid behind Marcus for a moment then walked to Rayleen. Marcus walked with her for support, returning to them. Azrael however smiled as was quickly dragged away by Soey onto the dancefloor. Seeing them both chuckle and Azrael dance with her, make Evelynn grit her teeth in envy.

                                               ~

A few hours passed by and Evelynn resorted to sitting on the green sofa with Lisandra and Abbigail. With Marcus, Riley, and Rayleen standing around them. Humorous conversation filled the air, and smiles glistered as they shared stories and inside jokes amongst them.

"Abbigail, don't you need to fore fill a promise to Rayleen?" Evelynn asked Abbigail lifting her eyebrows at her friend sitting next to her. Abigail's eyebrows in realization. She mouthed a no from her lips.

"An Eramadam Waltz?" Evelynn questioned exaggerating the term waltz to Rayleen.

"Oh, Gods no!" Abbigail said, placing a hand in Rayleen's as he dragged her out to the dancefloor. Abbigail glared at Evelynn. Evelynn's lips twitched up and she raised her hands in defense and mouthed What? While chuckling. She was going to pay for the hit. Evelynn chuckled as she watched them dance together. Smiling into her glass, the wine melting over her lips.

"Have you heard from Marlin?" Lisandra questioned the group. "Or Collin?"

Marcus nodded along and placed his glass down. "No, I haven't. My theory is that they've gone on a holiday or something,"

Evelynn looked at Lisandra, hiding the guilt in her eyes. Lisandra's cheeks drained of colour as she clenched her jaw at Evelynn's silence. Evelynn didn't know what to say. Her eyes shifted away from Lisandra trying not to make eye contact. She looked at Azrael for a brief moment dancing with Audria and blankly responded,

"I'm sure wherever they are they're safe," Evelynn raised her glass to her lips for a moment. Gods she hopes so, Evelynn mumbled the wish into her cup.

                                                 ~

The crowd began to die out. Evelynn bid Abbigail and Rayleen farewell as they decided to leave. Lisandra sat on the green sofa with her. Lisandra observed Evelynn, her hands were placed in her lap, her posture upright. Like she was waiting for something. Lisandra felt bad for her as the pure deviation she saw on Evelynn's face when Azrael walked away from her on that dancefloor. Lisandra grew sleepy as the wine she was sure that influenced it.

She felt bad for leaving Evelynn, but her sweet smile made Lisandra understand that she was fine without her for the rest of the night. Lisandra brushed her wine red dress and waved to Evelynn as she walked out of the ballroom back to her room, with Riley accompanying her.

                                           ~

Evelynn remained with Marcus who often drifted away to monitor the ballroom. Evelynn huffed and placed her back on the wall and debated taking off her shoes. The blue strap rubbing on her ankles.

"I'm going to get blisters," Evelyn groaned under her breath as she lifted her dress to take off her shoes.

"I can help you with those," A low masculine voice claimed. Evelynn looked up.

A grey-haired man swayed side to side as he balanced a wine glass in his left hand. Evelynn placed her dress down and stood up straight. The man's long face with a squared jaw, pointed nose, and thin lips. Had a frightening feel to him. His hooded hazel eyes looked her up and down. He pushed his greasy grey hair back and pulled at the colour of his white well fitted suit.

Evelynn exhaled at the realization that he was most likely drunk. Displeasure covered her face. Evelynn blinked as if he would just disappear.

"I mean I can take off your shoes if you take off that dress," He swayed chuckling to himself.

Offended Evelynn snapped back "I'm not interested," And started to walk away from him.

"Come on honey, don't be like that," He said as his hand grabbed her waist drawing her back. Evelynn hissed as she stepped on his toes and threw her head back at him. With a groan, the man let go of her and stumbled back. She swore at him and debated kicking him, but Evelynn walked away.

                                                   ~

Azrael watched his court members leave as he bid them farewell. The ball was empty, besides the very few who were still chatting or asleep on the green sofas or the cold tiles. Azrael rolled his shoulders and pressed his lips into a firm line at the sight. It had been a big night. The moon was slowly starting to fall over the sky. The orchestra started to slow and die out. His promise clouded his thoughts as he saw her. Evelynn was swaying slowly to the music as she was alone near the exit to the ballroom. A smile grew on his lips as he saw her look at him. Her blue eyes staring at her as she locked eyes with his. Her navy blue ballgown swayed sat off her shoulders as she began to walk to him.

                                               ~

In the corner of the ballroom, he stood. He glistened in gold and silver. His brown hair was ruffled as the crown sat at the back of his head. His pale green shirt rose with every breath he took. His exposed part of his chest displaying more of his honeyed skin, as he breathed. Evelynn began to walk to him as he caught her stare.

They both met in the middle of the ballroom.

"I promised you didn't I?" Azrael smiled as she looked up at him. Evelynn nodded as she placed his hand in hers.

The orchestra began playing louder, as Azrael swiftly placed his hand on Evelynn's waist, she was twirled and spun around under his control. Evelynn placed a hand on his chest as they waltzed around the ballroom alone. The background noise fading as they locked eyes with each other. Evelynn grasped his hand harder and Azrael held her close as they forgot about their worries as the music built up. Lifting Evelynn Azrael saw that smile that made him giddy. Flustered Evelynn went along with it. Reaching a crescendo Azrael twirled Evelynn out and pulled her in as the music stopped. Their breaths on each other's lips, they stopped.

"Again?" Evelynn's words kissed his lips, as she leaned in near his lips. Azrael hesitated for a moment thinking about her lips.

The music grew slower and thinner delving into reminiscences of both of them.

Evelynn broke eye contact and placed her chin on his shoulder. Azrael placed his arms around her. As the music grew solemn they swayed in each other's arms. Compared to the first time Evelynn wasn't scared. She lent into his chest as they danced. Azrael warmed to her touch as she placed a hand on his shoulder near his neck. Evelynn her face near his neck. Lime, ivy and white jasmine engulfed her senses. She breathed in softly inhaling his sent.

Azrael held her close. The vulnerability in her eyes as he released one of his hands and placed it in her hair. He raveled his hand in her silken hair. His throat throbbed as her hand made its way up to his back until it reached the back of his neck. Azrael looked down on the girl with whom he was slow dancing. He lowered his chin onto the top of her head. Her crown shifting backwards. He smelt chrysanthemums, sea salt and vanilla on her. Smiling Azrael said softly into her ear,

"I never break my promises,"

                                         ~

Several songs later they pulled away from each other. Holding her hand Azrael thanked the orchestra and dismissed them for the night.

"Thank you," Evelynn bowed at them. "It's been a wonderful night thanks to you," Azrael watched her as she began to be flustered as they thanked her with formalities. The princess title on their tongues to argue the thanking back.

Azrael squeezed her hand, signaling her attention. She looked up at him.

"Let's go," Azrael uttered. Azrael began to walk as Evelynn trailed along. He began to pick up the pace and started running to the exit. Laughing Evelynn followed. They ran out of the ballroom past the sleeping on the tiles and sofas, hand in hand.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.4K 3K 39
THE WEIGHT OF THE CROWN IS FEATHERS COMPARED TO A BROKEN HEART. After a heartbreaking betrayal, Raelle prepares to face the man she was falling in lo...
296K 8.9K 52
"Do I know you?" She asked. "I think everyone here does." He said with a chuckle. ~~~ Orphaned and left to raise her younger sister, Evelyn feels l...
4.6K 297 6
The half-dragon King of Torva needs a queen, but the human bride he has captured may prove to be more trouble than she's worth. Evelyn is on a missio...
530 45 9
A Medieval Action work with a number of different genre as each round's prompts dictate. Battles, Kings, princes, a princess; crowns, plots, twists...