EDGE (H.S.)

By tpwk-gatsby

"You have an edge on him." "Which is what?" "Her." Renny needed a job to makeup up for the loss of hers. Som... More

// Characters Reveal //
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104

2

8.7K 167 184
By tpwk-gatsby

_________________________________

***

Running and running towards what I'm becoming
On the way, on the way, on the way, on the way

***
_________________________________

Chapter 2

Renny's Pov.

"And this is where all the draft beers are. Most people that come in here drink liquor so the only time you'll really get anyone asking for a beer is usually in the afternoon." Edie informed me as he showed me around the back of the bar.

I've bartended so I know the basics. He seems pretty confident in my skills too. He asked me how to make certain cocktails, to which I all answered correctly, and now he's just showing me where everything is. It's just him and I here now, apparently he mainly works by himself.

"So is there a reason we're the only two workers?" I asked and he chuckled. "Well, the big man doesn't like many employees. He doesn't like bringing in new people. I've worked with him for years and we've had very few people work here beyond me. I needed some extra help though so I put up the sign for help."

I realized he refers to the boss, or maybe the owner, I don't know, as the big man a lot.

"Wait, so he doesn't know you hired me?"

Is that legal? For an employee to hire someone instead of the boss? I'm very confused. Am I even actually hired?

"He does now. We do have one more employee but she only works on nights we really need it." He informed and I nodded. "Her name is Enid. We have events here every once and a while. She works those as well. We get pretty busy then."

What kind of events does a bar have? A fucking birthday party? I mean?

He showed me a few more things such as the cash register, how to use it, how to open tabs on their system etcetera.

"Now, we only have two customers. I have to run down the street and pick up something for the big man. Shouldn't be longer than 15 minutes. My number is on a sticky note on the cash register. If you need me, you call. I won't be long."

He's fucking joking right? He's leaving me alone?

"Wait, really?" I asked and he chuckled. "I'll be back. We don't get busy around this time at all. You'll be fine. You got this." He told me with an encouraging smile before walking around the counter.

As he headed to the front door, I started to get anxious. This is my first day. What if someone robs me? Or someone realizes i'm alone now and forces me into giving them free alcohol? Wow. Okay. Calm down Renny.

"Hey, uhm can I get one more?" The older man at the end of the bar asked as he watched some sports game on the tv hanging from the wall.

I remembered he was drinking rum and coke so I quickly made him another, which he calmly and graciously thanked me for before adverting his attention back to the tv.

The next five minutes passed by while the two men just minded their business and no one else came in.

I'm getting paid more than I was at my other job which I don't really get considering it seems like no one comes in this fucking place. Not complaining, I just don't completely understand.

I know Edie calls the boss 'big man' but the 'big man' must have some little fucking pockets with the amount of money i'm sure this bar brings in. That's none of my business though.

I continued wiping down the bar top and just trying to clean as I waited for Edie, or another customer.

Suddenly the little bell on the door rung, signaling someone had entered.

When I turned towards the door I saw the guy. The guy from yesterday who was on the angry phone call. The one who stepped out of the fucking Maserati.

"Hi, can I help you?" I asked, expecting him to sit at a stool but he shocked the hell out of me when he narrowed his eyes in confusion, and annoyance, before walking behind the bar where i'm at.

"Woah, uhm. What're you doing?" I asked as he started typing on the cash register. "Seriously, what the fuck are you doing?" I said as I grabbed his hand and snatched it off of the cash register.

See Edie, this is why I was nervous to be left alone. Great. Fucking great. My first day and we get robbed. I'm so getting fired.

I let my eyes follow the two men, who were completely unbothered. What the fuck guys?

"I'll call the police." I threatened but it sounded so fucking weak coming from me. "Yeah? You do that. And when they get here, let them know I fucking own this place." He said in that same deep british accent as he suddenly took a receipt from the register before giving me a fucking death glare.

Oh....so he's the 'big man'. Kind of little to be called big man. I mean i'm 5'4 and he's towering over me but...still kinda small for that name. Edie fits the name better.

"Oh...that makes sense. Sorry, uhm, Edie didn't mention you were coming. I'm-" "Rena, I know." He said as he started to walk away. "It's actually Renny." I corrected and he narrowed his eyes at me as he turned around.

"Number one, fucking weird name. Number two, if I would've been an actual robber, your little weak threat to call the police would've done nothing, and number three, I would watch your fucking tone. I'm rarely in the mood for anyone's attitude. You won't be here long so don't get comfortable." He spoke and as strangely hurt as my feelings were, it also pissed me off.

I'm sensitive. But I did nothing fucking wrong so for him to be so rude to me right now is confusing to me.

"Yeah I see you're the type to rarely be in a good mood. I'll walk on egg shells around you. Don't worry." I said with an innocent smile to piss him off.

I would've kept my mouth shut but i'm getting the feeling that Edie makes most of the decisions around here. Not this 'big man'. Poser.

His jaw clenched noticeably at my words and I turned around as one of the men spoke 'i need another' right after the words to this asshole in front of me left my mouth.

"Oh, and I didn't catch your name. Was it satan or satans mistress?" I spoke as the words came out before I could stop them while I made the man a vodka soda.

Suddenly the asshat of a human was walking towards me again.

"You do realize I could fire you right now correct? I don't need a smart fucking mouth in my bar." "You sure need people though. Place is empty."

I walked to bring the man his drink before turning back to the assmuncher.

"And by the looks of you, you sure need the fucking money. Be a shame if a smart mouth got you fired huh?" He spoke and once again, I felt my feelings get hurt.

Do I really look bad? Fuck no Ren, he's just being an ass. At least my insult was honest. This bar is indeed empty.

"Funny, my smart mouth always gets me punishments but they usually always feel like rewards." I said with a small head tilt and his face changed a bit.

He narrowed his eyes a bit but I could've sworn I saw the slightest smirk on his face. Typical boy.

His eyes scanned over my body and suddenly I was wishing he hadn't picked up on the clever words I threw out there.

"I don't see why." He spoke with his own head tilt.

Wow, what's with this guy calling me ugly so much?

Just as I was about to throw out some words about how his hair looked like shit, his outfit looks the same as yesterdays and his voice sounds like he got throat fucked, the door of the bar opened.

"Oh ayyy, didn't know you were stopping by." Edie said with a smile to the guy. "Had to pick up something. I got to meet the new employee though. Rena was it?" He asked with a smirk. "Renny." I corrected and he nodded. "Not a memorable name, nor a memorable face, so excuse me if I forget it quite often."

Edie rolled his eyes as he walked around the bar towards me.

"Ignore him. He has no manners." He told me and I chuckled. "Lovely to meet you. I have to get to work with your two customers." I said with a forced smile.

Oh yeah...

"And I didn't catch that name still. So which was it? Satan? Or satans mistress?" I asked and Edie let out a short but loud laugh.

He smirked as he walked towards me.

Edie made one of the men another drink and I suddenly felt the asshats arm brush around my waist.

"It's Harry." He said quietly in a very deep voice near my ear.

My body literally stilled as goosebumps arised on my skin. What the fuck Ren?

"But i'm sure you'll be calling me many other things soon enough." He whispered as his lips brushed over my ear before heading out from behind the bar.

I realized Edie wasn't even looking and Harry had disappeared.

What the fuck was that?

Luckily I finished working the day a few hours later and went back to my apartment.

As soon as I opened the door, I was hit with the smell of weed.

"Mick!" I yelled as he was sat rolling up multiple
joints on the coffee table of our living room. "I'm gonna clean it up Ren, chill." "Oh, before or after the police raid our place from following the trail of marijuana smoke that's down the block?"

Audie walked into the living room from her room and rolled her eyes at him.

"Ren, you smoke. All of us fucking do. What's the issue?" Mick asked. "We don't smoke in the apartment. Open a window or something." I suggested as I threw my bag on the counter.

"Where have you been?" Audie asked and I groaned at the story i'm about to tell. "I got a new job. Which is fine, it's cool. But the fucking boss is a grade A douchebag. He pretty much called me ugly multiple times today. So, that's gonna be fun to work with." I said and her eyes widened a bit before mumbling a 'yikes'.

"Want me to kick his ass?" Mick yelled from the couch and I just rolled my eyes.

Mick is about 6 foot but he probably weighs less than me. Granted, his tattoos make him look a bit more intimidating but I can guarantee he couldn't kick this guys ass. Although I wish he could.

"No, I'll kick his ass myself if I need to."

I couldn't get the fucking sound of his deep ass voice whispering in my ear out of my head and it pissed me off. It sounded like he was insinuating I would be sleeping with him soon. The guy can keep fucking dreaming on that one.

I mean, he's attractive. But he's an asshole. I mean he's not even just an asshole, he's straight up rude. Granted, I was also rude but he fucking started it.

"Where's Shi?" I asked and Mick nodded towards his bedroom door. "Asleep. Maybe fucking someone. I don't know. I heard noises. Probably jacking off. I'd rather not know the details." He spoke and I chuckled.

I hate boys. But unfortunately I love those two.

"Anyways, i'm gonna shower and head to bed. I'm exhausted." I told them before walking to my room and immediately falling back on my bed.

I barely did anything with the few customers we had today yet I feel exhausted. This asshole better be worth the stress he's causing me.

Why is he even causing me stress? I'm too fucking sensitive.

__________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 21.7K 70
COMPLETED Evelyn was an aspiring social worker. But when her first assignment is helping a family living in one of the worsts neighborhoods around Lo...
738 75 29
"Are you sure you want this?" He asks, running his fingers through my hair. "I wouldn't be here if I didn't." I remove his hands from my hair, bring...
637K 11.5K 95
[COMPLETED] 18+⚠️: Contains mature and sexual content // enemies to lovers "I hate you." I repeated as I continued to walk toward her, causing her t...
591K 15.6K 54
* THIS STORY CONTAINS MATURE & EXPLICIT CONTENT* Please refer to the list of possible triggers and kinks. Harry Styles. Twenty-Five. Green eyes. On...