Billionaire's Ex-Wife ✓

By QuinnCatcher

Vivian Blanc had always love Liam Everhart ever since she laid eyes on him. With a stroke of luck, Vivian re... More

Billionaire Series Information
Introducing Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Billionaire's Ex-Wife
0. Billionaire's Ex-Wife
Prologue
I. Carpe Diem
II. Deviously Handsome
III. Watch My Baby
IV. I'm Vivian
V. Breaking the Chain
VI. Silently Take it
VII. Shape to Perfection
VIII. First Day of Work
IX. Shaddy Promotion
X. She Don't Buy Bullshit
XI. Lack of per se Proper Husband
XII. Like Marriage All Over Again
XIII. Frappuccino Boy
XIV. Something Serious
XV. The Assistant's Assistant
XVI. Humiliation, Threats, and Negligence
XVII. Fifty Cats
XVIII. Russian Spy
XIX. Stalkerish
XX. Not A Person Wall
XXI. I'm Not A Prostitute
XXII. The Golden Gates
XXIII. Another Contract
XXIV. Face Before Taze
XXV. My First Love
Mun Mi and Charlie [Extra1]
Everhart Meets Young [Extra2]
XXVI. Color Red
XXVII. Everyday Emotions
XXVIII. Adoption
XXIX. Blind Date
XXX. Marriage Contract
XXXI. Jackson's Party of the Year
XXXII. All Red
XXXIII. Good Boy
XXXIV. Disgusting
XXXV. Expressing Your Emotions
XXXVII. New Girl
XXXVIII. Gold Platter
XXXIX. Escalation
XL. Horrible Excuse
XLI. Talk to Liam
XLII. Liam's Lover
XLIII. Ice Cream
XLIV. Many Misunderstanding
XLV. Hands of the Laws
XLVI. Fashion Crime
XLVII. Gaspable Situation
XLVIII. Jealous Husband
XLIX. Love Sick
L. Relationship
LI. Background Check
LII. Talking Drinks
LIII. Girl's Night Out
LIV. Alpha Male Syndrome
LV. Time for a Talk
LVI. How Do You Feel
LVII. Cobbler Night
LVIII. Dealing with Depression
LIX. Caramel Factory
LX. Flat Wheel
LXI. Dinner
LXII. Hell of a Hard Night
LXIII. Going Home
LXIV. Words aren't Tangible
LXV. Revol
LXVI. Princesa
LXVII. Official Date
LXVIII. Stages of Rejection
LXIX. The Detective
LXX. Old Visiters
LXXI. Ding. Ding. Fucking. Ding.
LXXII. Non-Existence
LXXIII. Golden Spoon
LXXIV. Child Negligence
LXXV. Expresso
Epilogue: Pair Bond
author's note

XXXVI. Lessen the Pain

2.8K 119 6
By QuinnCatcher

Vivian's POV:

I placed my purse down and gave her a side-eyes glance.

"What?" She leaned inward, "It's not like I'm the only one who is curious."

I look around the room to see a few heads. When they noticed I was aware of their snoopy presence, they duck their heads down, pretending to be busy.

"I don't know," I replied, settling on my chair.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Why should I know?"

"He's your assistant!"

I smiled, "Yes, which means, he knows my schedule, but I don't know his-" I flick the folder opened. "Just, so you know. This company has policies such as separating business and personal affairs." I click my tongue.

Her eyes narrowed, "Who would've thought," she hissed lowly. "That you would betray us, your dear co-workers who are like your working family, like this. Now-" she crossed her arms, "You're just another company dog."

I place two paws in the air, "Woof."

She gasped, taking a step back, "How could you? Bowing down to the man that easily?"

"When you sign my paychecks, I'll bow down to you too. Hell, pay me as good as this company does, I'll lick your shoes too."

"Do you have no pride?"

"Pride doesn't keep my belly full and a roof over my head."

She puffed her cheeks, "I was the one who chips in the most for your cake, and I brought the candles!"

I placed a cheek on my palm. "The cake was a bit too sweet."

"How dare you? The cake was perfect!" she spat out. Mila flipped her hair and twisted her heels; then stomped back towards her station.

Hastily, she sat down but fell on her bottom when the chair rolled away. I place the folder over my face to cover up the laughter when she glared at me. Mila stood up and pretended nothing happened.

I shook my head and made a note to buy her a piece of carrot cake at lunch to recoil our workship.

After an hour, a rush of whispers draft across the room. The front door opened, and I look up to see Liam walking inside. I puffed my cheeks to hold back the laughter as Liam's head inside; sweats were dripping down his forehead.

My smile dropped when I realized the glitching pain he was in. He stood in front of me. "I apologize for being late," he spoke calmly. I didn't say anything as he took his seat on the couch.

Earl past by Liam, who was sitting rigidly on the chair. "What happened?" Earl asked.

"I am tardy."

"Yeah...but Liam...You look like you crawled up from hell. Everything okay?"

He nodded, "Yes, I am."

Earl looked at me then back at Liam. He walked towards my desk and slapped me on the arm, "What?" I hissed lowly.

Earl gestured his head, rigorously towards another location. We stepped outside to the hallway, "How could you treat your assistant like that? Do you not see him in his terrible condition?!"

I don't understand why everyone keeps pushing Liam towards me. He isn't my responsibility. I mean, yes, I am the one who hurt him, but we agreed that I would take care of him at home.

It isn't my fault that he decided to hurt himself by taking the stairs.

"What do you want me to do about it?"

"Take care of him!"

"Why me? Why not you?"

"Because you're his boss! Boss take care of their underlings!"

He somehow made it sound as if we were all in a gang.

"But-"

"No, buts!"

At that moment, I wondered who is the superior. Since I am Becca's assistant, I stand above Earl despite his work history at the company.

I grunted and stood up, "Fine, but I am not happy about this."

"Expressing your emotions. Good. That will be useful at the company gathering."

"The company what?"

"Gathering."

"When?"

"Next month or something."

"When did we decide that?"

"Did you not get the email?"

I grabbed my mouse and clicked on one email after another until I received a letter about a company gathering. I had opened it, but I remember reading it very briefly.

I groaned, "I should've read the whole thing."

Earl shook his head, "First you neglect your employee, and now you neglect your workplace." He slaps one hand above his palm. "Get your shit toge-"

"Hey!" I shouted, not caring if the employees passing at me was staring. "Watch your words! I'm still your superior!"

Earl stepped back, placing his hands over his mouth. "You are not angry at Earl." He tried to do a weird mind trick before escaping.

I twisted my lip and walked towards Liam, who's gaze was in the distance, "Go home."

He looks at me.

"You're no help here with your wound. Go home."

"How can you be so cold?" I leaped at the voice behind me. Mila and Earl were standing behind me with disapproving looks.

"How can you say that to our Liam." Mila took a seat beside Liam and cooed him. "I mean look at this handsome face." She pinched his cheeks causing Liam to flinch.

"Sweetheart. Vivian. You need to learn how to nicer to your underlings. Liam is working hard under you, and you are above him-" somehow that sounds wrong, "You need to ensure his health is safe, so he can put all his effort in making you arrive to your goals."

Earl nodded eagerly, "Yes, to reach your desires. You need support. You need Liam."

Again, why do their words sound so wrong?

"Don't you two have work to do? Should I tell Ms.Baker about all your free time?" I mildly threaten them.

Mila stood up and walk away with Earl. They bumped into each other with whispers of blames under their breaths.

"Come on," I told Liam, who sat there in his own thoughts, "Are you going to disobey your superior?"

Liam stood up and followed me towards the staff break room, "Sit down," I commanded, and he settled on the couch. I took out the medications from my purse. I grabbed two pills and pushed it towards him. "Your doctor told me if you're in too much pain, you should take these."

Liam blinked and stared at the pills. He pushed it back, "It doesn't hurt."

I push forward, "Take it."

He pushes back, "I am fine."

"It will lessen the pain."

"No."

"Liam. I'm trying to help you. Take it or go home."

He didn't respond.

"Liam."

He continued to ignore me.

"Liam!" I barked.

"I don't want it!" He slapped the pills out of my palm.

My body trembled at his vicious voice, and I unconsciously stepped back. I watch as the pills roll to the other side of the room.

When it settled on the floor with small circular motions, I glared at Liam who was still focus on the two little dots.

"You wonder why I left?" My voice was low, filled with taunting laughter in between each word, "This is why I left."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.1K 42
Lucian Night has been burned badly by the one he loved. The Betrayal hurt him deeply. But his broken heart still loves one and only Violet. He had be...
7.2K 158 18
She was alluring, competent, hardworking and... 'A believer of True Love...' What will happen, when a handsome billionaire, equally dexterous and har...
1.4M 45.8K 18
As I feel her touch I can't help but smile and relax. I felt calmer now as I move slightly and turn around to face her. She looks up at me and I lac...
23.2K 1.4K 22
Break-ups hurt on varying degrees, bottom line is, it HURTS. Everyone thinks Liam Zein is the perfect heir to the Maximillian throne - he is very muc...