Silently Falling in Love: Luc...

By GauriDevi

Book One: SILENTLY FALLING IN LOVE: LUCKY CHARM In the best of movies, the girl and the boy, finally get toge... More

Silently Falling in Love: Lucky Charm
Chapter 1- Half Moon Bay
Chapter 2 - Going Down Memory Lane
Chapter 3 - Arranged Marriages
Chapter 4 - Frantic Husband
Chapter 5 - Life Back East
Chapter 6 - Always Busy
Chapter 7 - The Fund Raiser
Chapter 8 - Putting the pieces of the puzzle together
Chapter 9 - The Mind Wanders
Chapter 10 - The Photo Shoot
Chapter 11 - The Good Wife
Chapter 12 - Salma and Ali's wedding
Chapter 13 - Broken Promises
Chapter 14 - Destiny
Chapter 15 - Sneaking Out
Chapter 16 - What Next
Chapter 17 - Yoga
Chapter 18 - Lady Antebellum
Chapter 18 - Part 2 Lady Antebellum with some steam - Need you Now!
Chapter 19 - The Morning After
Chapter 20 - Heartache
Chapter 21 - Assumptions
Chapter 22 - Trust
Chapter 23 - Father Figure
Chapter 24 - Cha Cha
Chapter 25 - Shades of Gray
Chapter 26 - Shiv and Shakti
Chapter 27 - Remind Me
Chapter 28 - Revelations
Chapter 29 - Old Habits
Chapter 30 - Bridging the Gap
Epilogue
Book 2 - Silently Falling in Love - Again
Book 2 - 1989
Book 2 - 1990
Book 2 - 1990 Restricted Section
Book 2 - 1991
Book 2 - 1992
Book 2 - 1993
Book 2 - 1994
Book 2 - 1995
Book 2 - 1996
Book 2 - 1997 Part One
Book 2 - 1997 Part Two
Book 2 - 1998
Book 2 - 1999
Book 2 - 2000
Book 2 - 2001
Book 2 - 2002
Book 2 - 2003
Book 2 - 2004
Book 2 - September 2006
Book 2 - October 2006
Book 2 - November 2006
Book 2 - December 2006
Book 2 - January 2007
Book 2 - February 2007
Book 2 - March 2007
Book 2 - April 2007
Book 2 - May 2007
Book 2 - Summer 2007
Book 2 - September 2007
Book 2 - October 2007
Book 2 - November 2007
Book 2 - December 2007
Book 2 - January 2008
Book 2 - February 2008
Book 2 - March 2008
Book 2 - April 2008
Book 2 - May 2008
Book 2 - July 2008
Book 2 - 2009 Part One
Book 2 - 2009 Part II
Book 2 - 2010
Book 2 - 2017

Book 2 - 2005

319 20 3
By GauriDevi

This is the last chapter before Alex and Anjali meet!!! Enjoy it! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

November – Alex

I walked into the Italian restaurant Chris and I had dinner reservations for our date night.

“Good evening, sir.”

“Hello, how are you this evening?”

“I’m great.  How can I help you?”

“I have a reservation for two, under Shergill.”

“Yes, I see it here.  If you’d like to wait in the bar area, I’ll come get you as soon as the table is ready.”

“No problem.  Looks like my wife isn’t here anyway.”

I walk towards the bar when I hear my phone ring.

“Hi Chris.  How late are you going to be?”

“How did you know?”

I laugh, “Because I know you Chris.”

“I should be there in fifteen.  The restaurant is crazy hot so hopefully, they’re running late too.”

“You’re in luck looks like the restaurant is running behind just like you.  I’ll be in the bar.”

I walk up to the crowded bar.  The restaurant is all the rage and six months from now everyone will have moved on to the next grand opening but until then this is the place to be on a Friday night in New York. 

I flag down a waitress dressed in the restaurants skimpy black dress uniform and order a Scotch on the rocks.

As I look around I observe all of the people; you can see the stress of the workweek oozing out of people.  The men and women discard their suit jackets as to signal easing into the weekend.  Most of the people hopping around the bar are beginning a weekend of debauchery.  There was a time that Chris and I did this, but that seems so long ago.  I look at the people around me nostalgically, but I don’t miss it.  If anything I feel a little out of place.

“Hi sexy!” Chris murmurs into my ear as her arms slip around my waist.  I lean back against her.  It feels good to be near her and have her in a good mood.

“I’m sorry, but I’m a happily married man, you’ll have to find someone else to call sexy,” I tease as I breath her scent in.

“But, you haven’t even given me a chance.  You might forget about your wife once you’re with me,” Chris teases back.

“No chance of that.  I’m madly in love with my wife, plus she is very sexy,” I say before turning around and pulling her into my arms.

“You sure about your wife?” Chris asks.

“Absolutely!” I say before kissing her in the middle of the bar.  I know she doesn’t like it when I’m affectionate with her in public, but I can’t resist.

“You keep doing that and we’ll need a hotel reservation and not a dinner reservation!” Chris smiles.

“I’m game if you are,” I say back.

Chris moves around to the other side of the table and slips off her suit jacket and places it on the back of the chair, just like I watched so many other people do before she arrived.

“Sounds tempting, but I’m starving, I missed lunch and I desperately need a drink,” she states as slowly I see the stress of the week ooze off of her like the other patrons before her.

I flag down the waitress and order a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon for her.

“So how was your day?” I ask her.

“It was crazy like usual, but I have some incredible news!” Chris says excitedly.

“You got another promotion?” I ask.

“No, actually it has to do with the kids,” Chris says proudly.

“I’m listening,” I say as I swallow a large sip of my Scotch. 

“Well you know William, my bosses boss? I’m doing a special project for him and he loves the work I’m doing! Anyway, when he found out how old Jasper and Leah are, he offered to get them a spot at the New York Academy! He sits on their board.  Can you believe that?”

“That was nice of him to offer, but Jasper is happy where he is and everything is going well at school.”

“Alex, sweetheart, are you crazy! We just got offered a spot for both of our kids at the best private school in New York City! I told him yes!” Chris responded excitedly.

“You accepted without even asking me are talking to Jasper about switching schools?”

“Alex, I’m sorry, I was on the spot and I felt I had to make a decision quickly.  Plus, think of what this means for the kids, their future will be set with the prestige this school has plus the connections they will make.  Come on, Alex, be excited,” Chris pleaded.

The waitress stopped by and served Chris her glass of wine. 

“I’ll have another Scotch,” I said.

“Chris, that school may be prestigious, but it’s also very snooty and not to mention it’s even more expensive than where Jasper’s going and next year Leah starts Kindergarten and that means two tuitions.  I don’t think this is a good idea.”

“Alex, we’re going to have two tuitions next year anyway regardless of the change in schools it’s just a small difference.  Plus for Leah, it won’t make a difference she’s starting in Kindergarten.  I know it will be difficult for Jasper to leave his friends and start all over in third grade, but I really think in the long run this will be great for the kids.”

“Chris many of the families that go there went there or other prestigious schools themselves, that’s not how we grew up.  How are we going to fit in?” I say as I see Jasper’s anxious face flashing through my mind.

“And imagine how much easier things would have been for us had we gone to such schools.  Come on we can do this for the kids,” Chris pleaded again.

I sat silently swirling what was left of my Scotch.

The silence was finally broken, “Sir, your table is ready,” the hostess said, “Please follow me.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.3K 6.6K 51
₦ɇ₩ ⱨø₱ɇ ø₣ Ⱡøvɇ❤ 𝚁𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚊 + 𝚁𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚜𝚑 = 𝚁𝚊𝚜𝚑 Love is a springtime plant that perfumes everything with its hope ❤☺. 𝗥𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗮 𝗔𝗵𝘂𝗷...
190K 6.5K 62
A story of two people who just hate eachother but destiny have some other plans for them Let's see what happened between them will they unite or fal...
3.9M 138K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
112K 9.9K 23
Book 2 of "Destined To Be" [Winner Of Tweet Your Story India] In the hustle-bustle of the Twenty-First Century, where everyone forgets about themself...