Chapter 13: Fall All Over Again

You kept looking at the picture. Mark put his hand on your shoulder. You felt like you knew exactly what happened, even though you didn't. The picture was of you and Mark sitting side by side, playing a game. You had taken Mark's glasses and put them on while you played. You weren't sure who would've taken the picture. You liked it though. Your faces were both so concentrated.

"Want some breakfast?" Mark asked you. You nodded, "But let me cook it."

He let you of course. He sat at the kitchen table watching you. You had decided you'd make pancakes with chocolate chips. You mixed the batter together and put 4 of the cakes onto a fry pan. While you were cooking them you put chocolate chips all over them.

You had finished, putting the pancakes on a plate and setting them on the table along with syrup. Mark made a big deal about licking his lips in hunger, which of course made you laugh.

You both began to eat. "So how'd you sleep?" You decided to ask.

"Oh, I slept better than I have since... yeah. But I had this really awesome dream," he began to talk about his dream. He was with Tiny Box Tim, which he had recently explained to you about, and they were in the Walking Dead apparently, and they had to go and shoot all the zombies in the head.

"What a wonderful dream, Mark," you laughed. He cracked up too. The whole time he was telling you about it he was as serious as he could be.

"I've really gotten to like you, Mark," you said after you had stopped laughing. You looked into his eyes. He was looking at you sweetly. You held out your hand, this was actually the first time you had made a move. He took it genuinely.

"I never knew how it could possibly be a good thing to fall for you all over again (f/n)..." he smiled, looking down, sadness glooming over him.