Chapter 23: Forgotten

Ever since that night, you and Mark had been playing Minecraft practically every day. He even recorded it occasionally for his channel. He had shown you Minecraft Prop Hunt and tons more games to do with Minecraft. You had gotten headphones and a mic to talk to Mark while you played so that way you didn't have to call him every time.

Mark wasn't saying much today though. You weren't sure why, "Mark? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. Just got a lot on my mind today. Ugh, crap! I broked it!" He half laughed, half grunted. He was trying to build a house, but he kept breaking the wrong blocks. As he fixed it, a creeper walked up behind him, "Mark, watch out! There's a--" Boom! "creeper..."

"Frickin stupid fricker frick," he began to start cussing in anger. You began to laugh. "I hope my pain his hilarious to you," he had said after he calmed down. He began to laugh too.

"It amuses me very much," you responded, smiling to yourself. "But, really, why do you have to have specefics for this house? Aren't you doing it from imagination?"

"Oh yeah. Yeah. I just want to make it as good as possible," he responded quickly.

"I see. Well, what are you thinking about?"

He didnt say anthing for a minute. Then he finally answered, "I was just wondering if maybe you'd ever want to learn how to play any other games. Like Surgeon Simulator or Turbo Dismount."

You weren't sure that was all he wanted to say. But you went along with it, "Sure, I'd love to play more games."

"Great! Wanna come over? I can show you tons of games," he exclaimed.

"Why not?" You agrred. You turned your computer off and he told you his address and you were off to Mark's apartment.

Once you got there, you knocked. You heard some rustling going on inside for a second afterwards. He must not have thought you'd be there that soon. After a minute or so, he opened the door, a grin on his face. You could see he had shaved, so he had a baby face. It was actually kind of adorable...

He invited you in, "Well, hello, (f/n). What a fine day."

"Very. Thanks for taking that five minutes I was standing outside the door to clean up a bit," you shook your head at him in amusement.

"What? No. I wasn't just now getting to it. What are you talking about?" You both laughed. You punched him playfully on the arm and he "gasped" in "pain".

He kept his promise about showing you tons of games. First he showed you how to play Surgeon Simulator. It took you half an hour just to pick something up. You realized that you hadn't been pushing down the right button for the thumb...

After that he showed you Octodad, which you got angry at. Then Goat Simulator, Gmod, Happy Wheels, some oculus rift games. You practically stayed over there the whole time playing video games. It was great.

The last game you played was called To The Moon. The story line was so sad. You had found yourself crying at the very end of it. How could that even happen? Why? Just no. It was too depressing. What was the disorder? Why couldn't that have really happened? So many questions.

After you had stopped balling at the game, Mark said he wanted to take you somewhere. After maybe 20 minutes you saw that he had driven you to the Hollywood sign. He got out and opened your door for you. Once you had gotten out he led you up to the sign.

He leaned against the railing. You two were the only two up there, staring out over the city. The stars were bright in the dark sky.

"You know, (f/n)... it's been really cool hanging out with you and stuff," he ran his hand through his hair. You could tell he was nervous, "It's just-- well would you-- why is this so hard?"

"Why don't you just ask?" You gave him a little grin, hoping he'd get the gist that you were trying to play the question game you had played that night he called you.

Luckily, he grinned, getting what you were talking about, most likely remembering. "Would you believe me, if I said that I really liked you, and that I want to, maybe, go out with you sometime?"

"What if I said 'yes'?" You looked at him. He smiled a huge grin, "Does this mean we're together now?"

"Why wouldn't it mean that?" You both leaned in at the same time, kissing each other softly on the lips. You were the one to pull away. It was sweet. Everything was so sweet at this moment. "Instead of meeting on the moon, could we surf through the stars together? That could be our thing like meeting on the moon was John and River's thing," you suggested, smiling a bit. You could feel yourself blushing. You were glad it was dark.

"Sounds good," he said, reaching for your hand and taking it, "Just don't forget like Johnny did."

(You felt bad at this point, because you had forgotten even though he asked you not to...)