Chapter 5: What's Your Favorite?

The next day, Mark had set up a game. It was a board game, kind of like Scattergories, except it was all questions like, what is your favorite color or what is your favorite movie, etc, and you had to write down 12 answers in a minute. But, you had to try and guess the other person's favorite thing. There were 10 different question sets.

It seemed kind of confusing. He gave you a piece of paper and he took one for himself.

"Okay, so when I turn this little hourglass over, write down as many guesses as possible," he told you. You only nodded, watching him turn it over.

You wrote down as many answers as possible. It was pretty hard. You didn't know any of these answers. The Favorite Color one stood out to you though. You weren't sure, but you thought it was green. So that's what you put down.

When the timer ran out you had shared answers. Of course, Mark got all of them right, but you had gotten his favorite color right and that was enough for you. It seemed like it was enough for him too.

You played the game for a couple of hours, you getting a couple more right after a while.

When you were both done with the game, Mark had said, "I love you, (f/n)." He had a smile on his face, but you didn't have one on yours. You just looked down, "Mark, I'm sorry, but I don't love you back yet, I mean maybe I will. But... I don't know," you said, getting up and walking back to the guest bedroom. You didn't want to see his reaction.

You sat down on the bed, looking at the floor. You didn't want to hurt him. But you were scared too. It hurt you that you couldn't remember a man like him, he was so nice and sweet. But you didn't know him and you were terrified.

He came to stand in the doorway, his hand against the doorframe. "(F/n), I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say it, it's just a habit. Even though... even though you don't love me like you used to... I still love you," he said, tearing up a bit. You could tell he was trying to be strong. But he wasn't holding up very well.

You stood, walking towards him. You stood in front of him very awkwardly, then you put your arms around him, hugging him. "I'm sorry I couldn't remember," you told him, meaning it.

He put his arms around you, tears streaming down his face and onto your shoulder. He held you tight, but not too tight. You kind of liked how it felt to be in his arms.