Chapter 2: Who Are You?

There was this bright light, shining in your eyes. They were squinted. When you opened them more, you could see a ceiling. There were multiple lights on it, and the tiles on the ceiling were white with little black speckles.

You tried to sit up, to get a good look at all this, but it hurt. You managed to move your head around. That's when you saw a man sitting right beside you, holding your hand. You let out a shriek, yanking your hand away from him. Who was he and why was he holding your hand?

You could feel fear rising in yourself. The man had dark hair, a little bit of scruff, brown eyes, and he looked pretty messed up. He had terror in his eyes and confusion. Why did he look at you like he's known you forever? You had no idea who he was.

"(F/n), are you okay?" He looked concerned. Why would he be concerned about me?

"Who are you?" You asked him. He stared at you for a second, then he broke down. He stood up, put his hands in his hair, tears began to run down his face. He walked over to the corner of the room, which you figured out was a hospital room, and sobbed. Why was he crying? Did I do something? You thought.

He looked at you again, his face completely red and stained with tears, "You... You don't remember me?" You shook your head, "Am I supposed to?" You asked.

This made him cry even more. His face was all screwed up, his teeth showing while his eyes squeezed shut. He sobbed, and it kinda made you feel bad. A person in a white coat walked in, you assumed he was the doctor.

"Ah, (f/n), you've woken up. Do you remember what happened at all?" He asked. You shook your head. He told you all the details. The swerving, the car, the tree. Apparently the guy who was sobbing was your husband. His name was Mark Fischbach. But you didn't remember anything about him. At all. The doctor looked at Mark, telling him that he would have to try and regain my memories.

Did that mean you would have to live with him? That would be really weird, especially since he knows all about you, but you know nothing about him. The last thing you could remember was moving to LA with your brother. Maybe you could just go live with him instead of Mark.

Mark really seemed to want you to stay with him though, so you couldn't really reject even though it was really creepy.

After a couple of days in the hospital, Mark drove you home, well to his home. It wasn't really yours yet.

None of it seemed familiar. It just all seemed new. Like you were entering a strangers house and they were going to lock you up in there. It kinda scared you.