Chapter 30: Surprise

It had been 4 months since you had had a C-Section to have Holly. You were sitting in the living room, holding Holly in your arms as she looked around and made small noises. She truly was adorable. Mark walked in and sat down, kissing you on the cheek.

"Guess what," he said, smiling at you. You couldn't help but smile back. He had this effect on people when he smiled. It was like it was impossible not to look back and have a grin on your face.

"What?" You asked.

"It's a surprise," He grinned, knowing that that would make you more curious.

"Tell me!" You pleaded. You made your eyes get all big, hoping he would tell you if you looked more like a puppy.

"I can't tell you. You'll just have to see for yourself. Why don't we drop Holly off at your brother's? Then we can move on to the surprise," he winked at you. You agreed because you wanted to know what the surprise was so badly.

After a couple minutes of driving, Holly was dropped off safe and sound at your brother's house. Mark looked at you, and you could just tell by the way he looked at you that he loved you. He smiled a bit and traced the rim of his collar on his lucky flannel. It was almost as if he was nervous about something. Mark? Nervous? That's very rare. He put the car in drive and began driving on down the road. I watched the scenery go by as we drove. It was at least 9:30 and the stars were blooming across the sky. The stars took you back to the first time you met Mark. And your first kiss. You owed the stars a lot for those wonderful nights.

That's when you realize where you're going. "Mark? Are we going to the Hollywood sign?"

"Maybe..." he cocked his head to the side as he kept watching the road.

You felt butterflies begin to rise in your stomach. You wondered what could possibly be a surprise that could include the Hollywood sign.

You eventually reached your destination. Mark got out, telling you to stay in so he could open the door for you. He was such a gentleman. He opened the door for you, holding his hand out for you to take. You gladly took it and got out of the car. He closed the car door with his free hand and led you to the landing on the Hollywood sign. No one else was there which was strange. There were usually always tourists going up there to take pictures. Mark leaned up against the railing, looking over. You did the same, but looked at him. He noticed you looking and he smiled. He walked up behind you, grabbing you by the waist and pointed at the stars, "Look, the little dipper!"

You laughed and looked up at it. He then asked you to find the big dipper. You searched the stars. You didn't even notice that Mark had let go of your waist. You found it and beamed, "There it is! See it M--"

You turned to see Mark down on one knee. His eyes were looking up at you and his canines were showing. You covered your mouth with your hands, feeling the tears of happiness sting your tear ducts, "Oh my gosh..."

"(F/n), I love you. I really do and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I just... I can't tell you how thankful I am that you've walked into my life. I just..." He started tearing up and his words became kind of stifled. He sniffled, "You would make me the happiest man in the world if you... if you married me," He smiled, his face was red and his eyes were full of tears of joy. "So, that being said," he pulled out a small box from his back pocket. He opened it to reveal a diamond ring with diamonds around the band. "(F/n), will you marry me?"

You nodded repeatedly, tears running down your face. You held out your hand and he slid the ring onto your finger. He stood and wrapped his arms around you, wiping your tears. He put his forehead against yours, "I love you."