Chapter 26: Positive

It had been a month since then and you weren't feeling too hot. You felt like something was very wrong but you weren't sure what.

One day you were on your phone, scrolling through a social media website. You clicked the home button on your phone and saw the calendar. You felt something was off when you saw it... then you realized...

You hadn't had your period. This was not good. Not good at all. You were fixing to freak out. Mark walked into the living room where you were sitting. He smiled when he saw you, but his smile quickly faded when he saw something was wrong. "Everything okay? What's wrong?" He asked, sitting down beside you.

"Mark... I need you to run to the store and get me a... a pregnancy test," you told him, feeling yourself begin to sweat.

"Are you sure this isn't just a misunderstanding, (f/n)?"

"Mark, I'm fixing to puke and I haven't had my period since at least two months ago. Please," you looked up at him. As soon as he got up to go, you ran to the bathroom and vomited into the toilet. You shook your head, hating the taste. You flushed the toilet, grabbed some toilet paper and wiped your mouth off. Mark came in there and kneeled down next to you, rubbing your back.

You were shaking from the impact of throwing up. You reminded him to get the test and he sped off quickly. You got up and walked slowly back into the living room, grabbing a blanket and wrapping yourself up in it.

It took about 10 minutes for Mark to get back. As soon as he did he handed you the grocery bag, "I didn't really know which one to get so I just picked at random," he said.

You nodded, stepping into the bathroom. You read the instructions and then followed them. When you came back out of the bathroom, you looked at Mark, shock piercing your heart.

You showed him the test and he immediately wrapped his arms around you. "It'll be okay, trust me. Everything will be fine, okay?" Mark tried to soothe you.

"I don't know if I'm ready..." you looked at him, eyes wide.

"You could always put the baby up for adoption if you really want to," he said, but you could tell that's not what he would want.

"No... I'm just scared right now..."

"I know, (f/n). I am too. I'm thought the protection would have worked... I'm sorry."

You laid your head on his chest and listened to the beating of his heart, too shocked to say anything else.