Chapter 10: You're Funny

You let Mark make the arrangements since he knew what actually happened. You waited while he picked out your outfit that you must have worn on your first date. You were pretty excited and very nervous. It really did feel like a first date to you.

You would be sure to have this be an experience to get to know him better. He came out of his bedroom wearing a red plaid shirt. You weren't sure why, but you loved that shirt. He also had on jeans and some converse. He smiled at you, he himself was nervous as you can tell. He handed you something. "That's what you wore," he looked at the clothes in your hand.

You nodded, getting up to go change. You walked into the guest bedroom you were sleeping in and closed the door. The clothes he gave you consisted of a blue shirt and jeans with brown boots. You got dressed and decided to do your make up so you wouldn't look completely awful. You didn't put too much on, just enough to make it look like you had perfect skin.

When you walked back to the living room, you saw Mark looking at you, smiling, "That is exactly how you looked then. It's perfect."

"Really? I guess that should help my memory a bit more then," you could feel hope filling you. You were almost to the point of remembering something else. You weren't sure what it was yet. But you were sure once you got to where your date was going to be at you'd know.

You got in the passengers seat of Mark's car. He got in the driver's seat and started the car. He began to pull out of the driveway and drive down the road into the city. You weren't sure where you were going, but you wanted it to be a surprise so you didn't ask.

After a while of driving he pulled into a restaurant called Lucques. It looked pretty nice. He parked and got out, running around the car before you could get out and opened the door for you. He held out his hand, his eyes sparkling, "Ma'am," he smiled as you took his hand, "Welcome to Lucques. I think you'll like it."

He led you inside, telling the person at a podium that we had made reservations for two. She almost gasped when she saw Mark. She led us to our table quickly. It really was beautiful.

She put down two menus, looking at you. It looked like she was going to say something, like that she was sorry, but she stopped herself. She just politely smiled and walked away. Mark looked down at his menu. You looked at yours.

When your waiter came through, he asked for your choice of food. "I think I'll have the Spanish Grilled Cheese," Mark said, looking at you expectantly, like he wanted you to order what you had ordered on your real first date. "I think I'll have the um 'Our Favorite Burger'," you said. He grinned at you. The waiter went to the back. "I'm guessing I ordered the same thing?" You smiled.

He nodded. "I knew you would. Do you remember anything else?"

You looked around the room, thinking. Did you remember something else. There was a memory near by, but what of? You looked at a picture hanging on the brick wall and then it hit you.

Memory

You and Mark were at the same table. You both had just ordered. He laughed, "You know, (f/n), I never thought this would happen to me, Y'know?"

"How wouldn't it happen to you, Mark? You're like one of the best people," you shook your head at him. This made you both blush. He grabbed your hand from across the table, holding it in his. You could see his eyes brighten when he looked at you. "You're funny, (f/n)," he said.

"There's nothing funny about it, Mark. It's the truth. I've never met anyone who would care so much for millions of people like you do. You are a great guy," you looked him dead in the eye.

Mark only looked at you, and held his cup of champagne up to his mouth. You gave him a funny look, trying to get him to laugh. He laughed at one face that you made at him quite a lot. You had scrunched up your nose, stuck your tongue out and crossed your eyes. He almost spit his champagne out of his mouth.

"Awe, that was adorable, (f/n). Hilariously adorable," he kept laughing. Finally, when he had gotten it out of his system, he held your hand up to his lips, kissing it softly.