Chapter 22: Phone Call

When you got home that night, you began to watch some of Sparklez videos. You saw one video in particular that you just wanted to watch. You heard Sparklez talking to someone. But who? The voice sounded too familiar. Like you had heard it just that day. You then heard Sparklez say something about Markiplier. Markiplier? Who was that? Markiplier... You heard his voice again. Wait was it... the Mark? The next time he talked you were completely sure of it.

You looked up Markiplier on YouTube and found him. So that's how they knew each other and that's why he said all he did was play games. You watched a couple of his videos, which led to another video after another. He was hilarious. You wanted to know more about him. You wanted to see him again. To be honest, when you first met him, he seemed kind of mysterious, but once you saw those videos it seemed like you actually knew him. But you wanted to know him from him actually talking to you. Not from watching videos and figuring out everything in one night.

All of a sudden, you got a text from Jordan. When you read it, you were kind of upset. He was saying that he would rather be my friend instead. He didn't want to ruin anything between the two of you. You felt like there was a deeper meaning behind it. But, you had only been talking for a couple of weeks. It was only a first date too. So it was okay.

You were up, watching random YouTube videos. It was about 3:00 am, when you heard your phone buzz. You picked it up, seeing a number you didn't know. Who would be calling you at three in the morning. Reluctantly you answered the phone. His voice boomed over the phone. It was so deep, and kind of loud. But it was wonderful. "Hello, (f/n), didn't think you'd answer," he said, chuckling a little.

"Did Jordan give you my number?" You wondered out loud.

"Precisely. Sorry for calling at like 4 in the morning, but I just had this urge, y'know?"

"I guess so. Why did you want my number exactly?"

He hesitated, "Would you believe me if I said that I want to actually get to know you?"

"What, are we playing a question game now? Have you noticed that all we've been doing is asking questions?" You laughed. "Why wouldn't we be playing a question game?" He responded. Smooth. "Well, what randomly made you want to get to know me, Mark?"

"Is it possible that if you talk to someone once in your life, that you may want to talk to them again?"

"Maybe..." you smiled a little, even though he wouldn't be able to see it. "You lose! Wooh!" He said, "Victory is mine."

You stayed up til about five, talking about nothing in particular. He told you about his channel and how he started it, and you told him about just finding out about it that night. You told him that you and Jordan weren't going to be a thing any time soon, which made Mark sound oddly happy for some reason afterwards. He explained to you about how he was half German and half Korean. He also told you about his dad... You weren't going to talk about that though. You told him that in fall you had decided to go to college to be a high school teacher. You thought the idea was cool. You would get to see how kids changed over years.

"Yeah, that'd be pretty cool. If I was a teacher, I'd teach technology," he told you. You responded by saying that it was pretty obvious that'd he'd teach that. "No, not just because I'd be around a ton of computers. But because I would want to inspire them to do whatever they wanted to do. Most kids don't seem to do what they love. They do what they can. And I agree with that, but I also think they should be doing what they can when they love doing that. I love games, I love my fans, I love computers. I do everything I can when it comes to those things. But I also love it," he explained, sounding very serious about it.

"Well, I guess that makes sense."

"Yeah... say, (f/n), do you game?"

"Sometimes. When I do, I usually play something like Minecraft. I just recently learned how to play it and I'm kinda obsessed."

"Well, what do ya say we play it tomorrow? Just tell me your username and we can play online," he asked. You could hear the hope in his voice.

"Sure," you yawned, "Well, I guess I'd better get to sleep."

You said goodnight and hung up. A part of you really wanted to sleep, but the other part of you wanted to stay up and talk to Mark more. He was great. He was funny, smart, inspirational. You couldn't wait to open your computer tomorrow.