Chapter 11: Why Me?

You could feel yourself blushing. You looked over at Mark, who was watching you quizzically. "I remembered a part of our first date," you told him, feeling yourself smile without meaning to.

Mark seemed like he couldn't hold back his grin. He seemed so much happier now. Though, there was still a sad part in him. You guessed that was because you didn't remember anything sooner. You made the face at him that you had remembered making in your memory. He cracked up laughing, "You're so cute when you do that," he smiled. You stuck your tongue out at him in reply.

Then you became more serious, "So, I promised myself that I'd try to get to know you better."

"Well, I'm not sure if you remembered this or not, but at our actual first date, we played the question game. It was like an interview type thing. Would you want to do that?"

"Why not?" You laughed, "Why did you choose me?"

"Would you believe me if I said that's exactly what you asked first last time?" He smiled sadly, "What if I told you, that when we first met, we really hit it off?"

"How so?"

"Isn't it because every time I'd say something, you'd make a joke out of it?"

"Why would I do that?" You began to laugh, because it was true that you tried to cut up about a lot of things

"I don't know, why would you?" He began laughing too.

"Uh... um... I don't know," you told him, giggling.

"Yes! I won! You said a statement, wooh!" He put his hands in the air. He looked at you frozen in his position, then you both burst out laughing, earning weird looks at you.

"Oh, that's great. But really, tell me something that you love, besides gaming," you told him.

"Um, well did you know, that I really like this sandwich? It has like pickles, white bread, ketchup, and Bologna on it. It's great," he made a face that looked like he was in heaven.

"Ew, that's gross," you said, crinkling your nose.

"It's delicious, (f/n)," he gasped.

You both sat there for hours, talking and cutting up. Your food was great, the whole date was amazing. It was just really fun.