Chapter 33: New Years

(I'm sorry guys, but there's not any memories left that wouldn't slow down the plot. This is the last memory.)

You, Mark, and Holly all flew up to New York to watch the ball drop on New Years with Bob and a few other friends. Bob had gotten a hotel room big enough for a small party. There wasn't much alcohol unless the individual had brought a drink themselves. You and Mark were obviously not going to get drunk with your child around.

You were all getting ready to go to Time Square before it got crowded. Whenever you got there, the crowd was already beginning. Holly seemed to like all the lights that were shining from the city. She would stare up at them and smile.

Eventually, all of the events and stars showed up to do their performances and the ball began to drop. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. It was 12:00 AM in the next year. Mark grinned, holding Holly on his shoulders so she could see better. He leaned forward, kissing you on the lips softly. He pulled away, smiling, "That was a nice good first year kiss."

Holly was holding onto his hair, pulling it everywhere, but Mark didn't seem to care. You couldn't explain how much you loved this man.

Soon enough, you had said goodbye to everyone and were off to get in he car and get home. You both wanted to be home tomorrow to have your own little celebration. You were driving down the road, talking about if Mark could ever make it as a doctor, "Mark," you said, laughing, "if you ever were a doctor, I'm not sure I'd trust you."

"Aw, come on, (f/n)," Mark looked at you from the driver's seat, smiling, "I would be the best doctor."

"Yeah, sure. I think I need an opinion from your nurse," you said, rolling your eyes in amusement.

This has been the best two years of your life. You loved this man. He was truly amazing in his own way. He smiled at you, his eyes glistening in the moonlight and the street lights combined. He opened his mouth, but was cut off by the swerving of the car.

You let out a shriek of pure terror, listening as Mark screamed too. Holly was in the back crying. She wailed in fright. Mark tried to straighten out the car, but failed. The car hit a tree. You felt yourself being jerked forward. Mark looked at you with wide eyes, "(F/n)! No!"

You looked forwards, seeing the windshield spiraling towards you. You tried to look back, but it was too late. The windshield crashed into you. You heard a voice, it was Mark's. "(F/n)! Oh my gosh! Shit! No!" You heard him unbuckling his seatbelt and reaching towards something. "Holly, oh gosh... Holly, no..."

You summoned enough strength to look back. There you saw Mark cradling Holly's lifeless body in his hands. There was a trickle of blood coming down from Holly's mouth. Mark's face was screwed up and tears were running down his face. "Not Holly... not either of them..."

He looked over to you, snaking his arm around you and pulling you to where you were leaning on his shoulder, "Please stay, (f/n), please..."

He hugged both of you while sobbing.