Chapter 28: Need To Protect You

You were now 6 months pregnant. You had found out the gender of the baby which happened to be a girl. You and Mark had both decided on naming her Holly. The reason? She was going to be named after the place where you and Mark had met, where you had first kissed, where he had asked you to be with him. The Hollywood Sign. You loved the idea.

On this day you were sitting on the couch, reading a magazine. You flipped through the pages as you listened to Mark recording. He was playing a horror game and he was freaking out about something. You would chuckle every time he would scream at something. You couldn't help it. It was too funny.

You then heard a knock on your door. You got up to get it. Right when you were going to turn the knob, it opened on its own and a man in black stepped in quickly, pistol in hand. This made you shriek in terror. He pointed the gun at you, "I'm going to take whatever I want, or you," he looked down at your stomach, "and your unborn child will get it. You hear?" His voice was calm but controlling.

Mark ran into the room, most likely hearing your scream startled him. "(F/n)..."

The man in black pointed the gun at Mark, "I'm taking whatever I want, or you and her will get it? Got it?"

Mark hesitated then nodded slowly. The man began to walk towards the recording room, pistol still aimed towards you and Mark. Once he got in the room, Mark slowly made his way over to the kitchen. He picked up a metal frying pan. He got behind the door of the recording room.

The man came out of the room, the bag he carried obviously carrying something. Mark slowly raised the pan, bringing it down on the man's head. The man grunted and wobbled then fell to the ground. Mark snatched the pistol away from him. You watched, eyes wide. You got your phone out and dialed 911.

"Hello, this is 911 emergency services. How can I help you?"

"A man is in my house. He tried to rob us. We knocked him out though," you said to the woman on the other line.

She asked for an address, and you gladly gave it to her. In the meantime Mark had gotten some handcuffs that he just so happened to have... and put it on the man.

Eventually the cops had gotten there and taken the man away. You and Mark were both still pretty shaken up. That night you and Mark her layed there in bed, Mark holding you closely. "That was too close... I'm so sorry this happened..." he said, looking at you with fear and concern.

"It's not you fault, Mark," you told him, laying your head against his.

"I know, it's just... I don't know... I just need to protect you..."