Chapter 36: Remembering

It had been at least a few years since you regained your memory. The pictures of Holly were back up on the wall where they should be. She would always be smiling now, every time you saw her. You'd know she was okay. You were holding your 3 month old daughter, smiling down at her. She looked so much like Holly. You and Mark named her Starr, for all the memories of every star that crossed each of your paths.

Mark walked in with a bottle in one hand and two sandwiches in the other. He had made his favorite sandwiches for each of you. Even though it had sounded disgusting before, it was pretty good. He fed the baby, letting you eat your sandwich first.

Eventually, Starr fell asleep. Mark got up, quietly walking her to her crib. You followed behind him. As he put her into the crib to sleep, you wrapped your arms around him.

"She's so beautiful, isn't she?" You whispered, looking up at Mark.

He turned towards you, "Yes. Just like you. I bet Holly would be excited to know she has a little sister."

"I know... she knows, I'm sure of it."

He leaned towards you and kissed you softly. It felt like you were being lifted upwards, the butterflies finally flying you away. You couldn't count how many times you had felt this wonderful feeling. Mark ran his fingers through your hair as he pulled away.

"I love you, (f/n). I'll love you forever."

"I love you too, Mark," you said, smiling. If looks could talk, you knew what Mark would be saying. He'd just be saying those three sweet words over again. You never thought you could love someone so much. But you did, and the person holding onto your heart was him. You smiled, you were positive that you and him would always keep your family together. You wouldn't let anything happen this time. You both swore it.

Mark walked towards the doorway, "(f/n), I want to show you something. I went by this art shop and I got something really special."

You followed him. What you saw amazed your eyes. There was a painting of the Hollywood sign. Standing in front of the Hollywood sign was yourself, Mark, Starr, and Holly. You covered your mouth with your hands. It was beautiful.

He hugged you, "You're welcome," he said, smiling that sweet smile.

"It's so... perfect..." You smiled, your eyes stinging with tears. That was your family. Your family was just so perfect. Even if one of them wasn't here physically... they are all here and always would be. You stared it, remembering.